Page 12 of 103 FirstFirst ... 278910111213141516172262 ... LastLast

Thread: The all encompassing "Suggest a game!" thread.

Thanks

Yeah, but who hasn't played Paper Mario. I'll check out Persona, Star Ocean, and the two Tales of Destiny, as I've played Blood Omen (love the series), and Valkyrie Profile.
    Like something I've uploaded? Give me rep, then. Don't you just love begging?

Thanks
    EP Points

Star Ocean 2nd Story is my all-time favorite RPG.
    As I was walking down the stair,
    I met a man who wasn't there.
    He wasn't there again today.
    I wish, I wish he'd go away.

Thanks

Bahamut Lagoon and Seiken Densetsu 3 for the snes are super-awesome. Preferred Seiken Densetsu 3 coz it's an action RPG and you could play with a friend or sibling. Any game that has co-operative story modes generally gets a nod from me.

Like Halo was awesome, just coz it had a co-operative mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Saber
    Satan worshippers can go to hell.

Thanks
    EP Points

SD3, indeed, I second that recommendation. If there's someone around you that's willing to play with you, don't hesitate.

Thanks

I'm back, this time with a request of my own.

I'm also looking for RPGs, but with two catches. I'm specifically after ones that deviate from the cliche (more emphasis on unique stories than unique gameplay, but either is good) and generally have a darker atmosphere than normal. Action/RPGs and Strategy/RPGs are fine too. Course, if anyone knows any really good non-rpgs that have strong stories with dark themes I won't knock those recs, but I doubt there are many that fit.

Good examples of what I'm looking for, feel-wise, would be games like Persona 2 and Clock Tower (I know it's not an rpg, but it's one of the most uniquely grim console games ever).

The second catch is that it has to be from an emulate-able system that uses cartridges. Strange requirement, but the PC I'm using doesn't really have enough space for me to leave ISOs strewn all over the drive and I refuse to play rips.

edit: It occurs to me that I've probably made this request before, but with the forum wipe I can't really check.
    Last edited by Dr Mario; 1st-June-2007 at 09:38.

Thanks
    EP Points

Phantasy Star 4, Hypnos, is the only thing that pops up at the moment.

Thanks

Star Control II, semi-RPG but good fun nevertheless. The Ur-Quan Masters is a port to the modern systems. The game has a good storyline with a lot of humour included. It doesn't need to be emulated though, and it isn't a very big game.

Quote Originally Posted by Saber
    Satan worshippers can go to hell.

Thanks
    EP Points

I need some more DS games to download, ive already gotten all te ones Apple face said to get

Thanks
    EP Points

If you're a fan of Fire Emblem/Advance Wars strategy games and don't mind a language barrier, give the Super Robot Wars franchise a shot, specifically those released for the PS2.

Essentially just a bunch of mecha and their respective story lines mixed together with beautifully hand drawn attack animations. Gogogo.

Thanks

Hey I'm also looking for a good RPG but I'm more interested in something more modern or futuristic even (not KOTOR) that has a Final Fantasy feel to it. no MMOs plz.
    PC btw

Thanks
    EP Points

It's not a pure RPG (since it's basically an FPS), but Deus Ex is pretty awesome. Take a look at it, maybe you'll like it. Doesn't really have a Final Fantasy-ish atmosphere, though.

Eh, someone else might have better suggestions.

Thanks

meh when i said futuristic, I was thinkin more of Half-Life 2 or Esthar(Final fantasy VIII) or even midgar.
    I was also looking for something more up to today's graphical standards. doesn't have to be as great as Oblivion or Doom 3 but I don't want some like Quake 2, I have WoW but dont have the money to make monthly payments. I would really like to play Final Fantasy XI (cant afford it either tho)
    also not into the dark atmosphere that Deus Ex provided.(least not in an RPG)
    It's great for Doom3/PREY/FEAR

speaking of which my PC isn't some super power 3k machine:
    2.5GHz Athlon 64 X2
    2 GB Ram
    ATI Radeon X700 <- bottlenecks my PC

FEAR/PREY/Doom 3 are pretty much the maximum as far as my graphics card can handle (Full settings minus shadows at 800x600 w/out AA or AF) runs those games at about 15-70 FPS each)

Sry if im setting the limitations a little tight here...

edit:
    off topic...
    I just beat PREY less than 10 minutes ago...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    It's not a pure RPG (since it's basically an FPS), but Deus Ex is pretty awesome. Take a look at it, maybe you'll like it. Doesn't really have a Final Fantasy-ish atmosphere, though.

Eh, someone else might have better suggestions.
    Yeah, Deus Ex was really great. I've had it for PS2, stupid enough I sold it.

I hardly play RPGs, but maybe Rogue Galaxy is a recommendation.

Thanks
    EP Points

I was going to recommend Anachronox, but then I read that you didn't want anything too Quake II-ish, and Anachronox is based on the Quake II engine, so...er... Still worth a look if you can overlook the graphics. It's far from perfect (and slaps you with a pretty horrible cliffhanger ending due to budget cuts), but it's silly, self-mocking, and pretty fun. It's also very, very J-RPG styled, and sci-fi themed.

The trouble with PC RPGs is that most of the classics are er...classic. It's not exactly a flourishing genre, and most of the best examples are six or seven years old at least. Ignoring your graphics requirement for a moment, though, I'd also recommend System Shock II with every fibre of my being. It's not exactly an RPG. More of an RPG-FPS hybrid. But it is absolutely beyond great. =o

Thanks

I'm gonna look into system shock II
    Look's pretty good TY