Page 11 of 103 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415162161 ... LastLast

Thread: The all encompassing "Suggest a game!" thread.

Thanks
    EP Points

Well, I've got some suggestions, all for PC.

Missing. (free to download here) This game is almost as shocking, mysterious and interesting as the Silent Hill series. Highly recommended, and not just for those who like adventure games. The story and atmosphere is worth it for everyone else.

The White Chamber. (also free to download) Another adventure game, kinda depressing, with a pretty good story.

Penumbra: Overture Well, this one isn't free to download, but there's a demo on the official site, which is worth trying. Pretty scary game, with nice graphics that adds a lot to the whole 'you're alone in the dark' feeling, and good physics/interaction with the environment. Check the screenshots to see what I mean.

Thanks

I've played the White Chamber, and heard of Penumbra, but Missing sounds great!
    Like something I've uploaded? Give me rep, then. Don't you just love begging?

Thanks
    EP Points

Well, I hope you'll enjoy Missing as much as I did. And play it at night, it's so much better that way. Only bad thing about it is that it's very short, it takes only a few hours to complete, and can easily be finished in one sitting.

Thanks
    EP Points

Call of Cthulhu, The Suffering (not really that unknown ), Fiend (2d freeware game made by the people behind Penumbra), The original Alien Vs. Predator (no seriously. It'll fuck you up), System Shock 2, Clive Barker's Undying (a really fantastic game, seriously). Get DOSBox for your PC, and Alone in the dark, I have no Mouth and I Must SCream, Gabriel Knight 1 (GK 2 and 3 run fine without an emulator).
    Also, Shadowman (Available on PC, PS, and N64. PC version's the best).
    Clock Tower (SNES, PS)
    Sweet Home (NES, in japanese but an english fan translation rom patch is easy to find)
    Last edited by Jetsetlemming; 27th-May-2007 at 23:36.
    As I was walking down the stair,
    I met a man who wasn't there.
    He wasn't there again today.
    I wish, I wish he'd go away.

Thanks

Thanks very much for the suggestions, Jetsetlemming, I've never actually played those games, but I've got some old copies of all but Call of Cthulhu and Sweet Home. Missing was great, Gare!
    Last edited by Warbot; 29th-May-2007 at 14:23.

Thanks

Sorry for the extra post, but just wanted to thank you for the suggestions, and I just grabbed a copy of Sweet Home and Call of Ctlhulhu from a friend. Sorry to ask some more, but now I'm looking for some lesser know 2d rpg's, on Genesis, SNES, N64, PS, or PC. Thanks yet again!

Thanks
    EP Points

Uh, maybe Bahamut Lagoon, tactical RPG with dragons, quite fun. It's for SNES. I don't have too many ideas now for some reason.

(Arx Fatalis could be mentioned as "the awesome PC RPG no one's heard of", but that game is 3D, so it's out of the question. Still, I highly recommend trying it, if you can.)

Thanks

Ooh, just saw Arx Fatalis on Steam, I'll buy a copy. I've heard of Bahamut Lagoon, and I think I even have the ROM, but I'll actually play it now. Thanks so much, Gare!

Thanks
    EP Points

Shining Force 2 on the Genesis was a great tactical RPG. There are lots of games in the "Shining" series, on sega systems and recently a couple on the GBA. SF2 is the only one I've ever owned, though. It was a great game. Think Final Fantasy: Tactics.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Warbot View Post
    Sorry for the extra post, but just wanted to thank you for the suggestions, and I just grabbed a copy of Sweet Home and Call of Ctlhulhu from a friend. Sorry to ask some more, but now I'm looking for some lesser know 2d rpg's, on Genesis, SNES, N64, PS, or PC. Thanks yet again!
    Snes:

the Fire Emblem series (not so unknown now, thanks to the translation patches available)
    Bahamut Lagoon
    Inindo: Way of the Ninja
    Albert Odyssey (I think there's a translation patch available for this now)
    Sailor Moon: Another Story (laugh all you like, it's miles ahead of the average licensed game)
    Live a Live
    the two Lufia games
    Romancing Saga 1-3 (be warned, these games turn you loose with very little handholding. It's easy to end up with no idea what your next step should be)
    Rudra no Hihou (again, I'm not certain if theres a translation available for this game)

Genesis:
    Langrisser 2
    the Phantasy Star series
    the Shining Force series
    Uncharted Waters 2
    Ys III

I don't have access to my PSX or N64 roms at the moment, so I can't really name any from there.

Thanks
    EP Points

There are only two RPG's on the N64. Not hard to name those. Quest 64 and Aiden Chronicles (I think that's the name of it). The closest thing to an RPG besides those are Mario Party games.
    http://www.emuparadise.org/cgi-bin/d...gi?n64-quest64
    I feel comfortable in saying Quest 64 is the best RPG on the N64. That's hardly saying much.
    Oh. Forgot, neither of those RPGs are in 2d.

Thanks

Thanks for suggestions, Hypnos! Jetsetlemming, I didn't know if there were more than that, so thank you. Hypnos, who is that in your avatar, and what game is she from? I can not remember for the life of me.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jetsetlemming View Post
    There are only two RPG's on the N64. Not hard to name those. Quest 64 and Aiden Chronicles (I think that's the name of it). The closest thing to an RPG besides those are Mario Party games.
    http://www.emuparadise.org/cgi-bin/d...gi?n64-quest64
    I feel comfortable in saying Quest 64 is the best RPG on the N64. That's hardly saying much.
    Oh. Forgot, neither of those RPGs are in 2d.
    You forgot Paper Mario (assuming you want to count that as an RPG. I do). RPG or not, it's 2d and blows away Quest and Aiden Chronicles.

Warbot, the avatar character is Shodan from the System Shock series.

edit: I've had a bit of time to sort through what I remember of psx rpgs (the HDD with most of my roms/ISOs on it is still offline, unfortunately), and I recall the Persona games being pretty good, if overly difficult in places. Not sure if they really count as 2d though.
    Last edited by Dr Mario; 30th-May-2007 at 01:08.

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah, I forgot Paper Mario. ; Crap. I was used to hearing there were only two N64 RPGs before Aiden Chronicles came out, at the end of the console's life. I remembered the factiod but not the right games.
    Also, Persona (which is more 2d than Paper Mario ), Blood Omen, Legacy of Kain, Xenogears (as 2d as Persona is), Star Ocean 2nd Story, Tales of Destiny, Valkyrie profile, Tales of Destiny 2.

Thanks

Maybe the Saga Frontier games?