Page 33 of 103 FirstFirst ... 2328293031323334353637384383 ... LastLast

Thread: The all encompassing "Suggest a game!" thread.

Thanks

Thanks for your time plasticandrage, i appreciate it alot, ill definately be checking out demon souls, look cool

As for the Seiken Densetsu games, i just always thought they were all remade in english and called Secret of Mana, Legend of Mana, etc etc, ill have to get onto those english patches eventualy! Thanks for filling me onto that, i'll definately play some Kingdom Hearts, just gotta get a swap magic, im currently downloading the Star Ocean series, anyone ever play them?
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 13th-May-2011 at 09:29.
    ACTION RPG'S

Thanks

I played through one of the ones for PS2. Umm Till the End of Time I think? It was pretty decent. The fighting system can be fun once you really get the hang of it. It's decently long and the world it takes place in is pretty large too, so if you're in the mood for being completely immersed in a game for awhile it'll do that for you. There's a pretty in depth item/weapon creation system that, if you're anything like me, will have you spending countless hours scouring worlds trying to find specific items to make your equipment rock. My beef with it was more with plot. Something happens that really cheesed out the whole experience for me. I'm not going to spoil anything for you but I personally thought they could have gone in a little bit of a different direction and it would have been better. You be the judge. It was a fun experience all said and done. Again thats just my opinion
    Last edited by plasticandrage; 13th-May-2011 at 06:21.

Thanks

If you're into action RPG Dark Cloud 2 is a very good game too.

And Vagrant story for the PSX is good too.

Supreme Warrior Guest

Tobal 2, Man this game Rocks

Thanks

OK. So, recently I've been in a bit of a hack n slash kick. Played Dark Alliance 1 and 2. Torchlight for XBLA.

I need more. Now, I know it'd be easy enough to find (For example, Titans Quest, Diablo, Depths of Peril, Din's curse and whatnot.) but I'm looking for a game wherein I can directly control the character. Hence I mentioned the XBLA version of Torchlight instead of the PC. I'm just not as interested if I'm just clicking a mouse. I love me some loot-a-thons though, so if thats all I can find I'll deal.

Still, anyone? Cool PC or console bash/loot game that allows a controller or wads control or something?

Thanks
    EP Points

Are you interested in Dynasty Warriors-esque titles? You know, one insanely powerful character destroying hundreds of generic soldiers. If so, Sengoku Basara is the way to go. SB2's on PS2 (JP only), the third game's on PS3 and Wii, renamed Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes in the US. There's some looting and inventory/equipment management between missions, if that sort of thing gives you a hard-on.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,801 Times in 288 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Chocobolicious View Post
    OK. So, recently I've been in a bit of a hack n slash kick. Played Dark Alliance 1 and 2. Torchlight for XBLA.

I need more. Now, I know it'd be easy enough to find (For example, Titans Quest, Diablo, Depths of Peril, Din's curse and whatnot.) but I'm looking for a game wherein I can directly control the character. Hence I mentioned the XBLA version of Torchlight instead of the PC. I'm just not as interested if I'm just clicking a mouse. I love me some loot-a-thons though, so if thats all I can find I'll deal.

Still, anyone? Cool PC or console bash/loot game that allows a controller or wads control or something?
    Since you liked the Baldur's Gate games, I can suggest both Champions of Norrath and Champions: Return to Arms (both PS2).

Don' worry, it won't hurt... that much!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kuro Kagami View Post
    Since you liked the Baldur's Gate games, I can suggest both Champions of Norrath and Champions: Return to Arms (both PS2).
    Second this.
    You should also try DungeonSeige Games or Silverfall. Both Hacking and bashing and looting the crapping out of everything.
    Practice does not make perfect, it makes permanent.

Thanks
    EP Points

Default PSP Rpgs

Do you awesome guyz know of any GOOD turn based rpgs in the style of legend of dragoon or Final Fantasy for the psp, ive bin searching all over and downloaded a few that seem to be intresting but not found one i can REALLY get into, you know the kind u cant stop playing. Any help would be great.

Thanks

Final Fantasy IV: The Complete Collection just came out, and that has the After Years story previously only on Wiiware

PoPoLoCrois was a really good video game, never seen the anime though, but game was still good
    Last edited by Eweendeye; 18th-May-2011 at 21:33.

Someday I shalt be human again

Thanks
    EP Points

i recomend Wild 9 for ps1. great game.
    "Life is what you make of it. Don't make excuses. Make it happen."
    This my World.
    --- Chamillionaire

Thanks

ok so here's my last Chrono Trigger question. I'm a huge fan of the original. The game def holds a special place for me. So I'm right about to dive back in for the first time in years and years and went and got the patched DS version and then read a not so good review about it. My question is this: is it worth it? What I mean is should I just play the original version? It's a little annoying, for me anyway, to play on the small NO$GBA screen. So what I'm asking is is there enough new content that would make it worth it or should I just go with the SNES?

Thanks

I dunno what's wrong with the DS version, but I think it's pretty great. Beat it a few times no probs.

Thanks

The review I read about the DS version basically said if you were a big fan of the original, which I am, then some of the changed dialog like frog's missing old english, would probably piss me off. The only other thing is that in playing the DS version on NO$GBA is a little irritating to play on the little screen. But thats just my opinion. Anyway I played the DS version for like 6 straight hours yesterday so it doesn't really matter now anyway

Thanks
    EP Points

I'm looking for two types of games on PS2.

1. Survival horror/horror like/horror game where hero is using firearms and/or melee weapons to kill mutants/aliens/whatever. No cameras, no magic wands, tarot cards, pet companions and other fancy stuff. Please don't suggest Resident Evil and Silent Hill series.

2. RPG game with non turn based battle system. I've already finished Kingdom Hearts 1&2, Star Ocean 3, Rogue Galaxy and Grandia 2&3.

Thanks.