Page 101 of 103 FirstFirst ... 519196979899100101102103 LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 1539

Thread: The all encompassing "Suggest a game!" thread.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Moana View Post
    Beat it some months ago. Totally agree, it was awesome.
    Indeed it is a great game. Also Dragon Quest Builders 2 is a great game. It adds many improvements over the first DQ Builders.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by LeftyGuitar View Post
    Indeed it is a great game. Also Dragon Quest Builders 2 is a great game. It adds many improvements over the first DQ Builders.
    I tried the demo version and seems awesome but I'm afraid I would get tired of it in a few hours. Can you tell me if it becomes redundant at some time? Thanks.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Moana View Post
    I tried the demo version and seems awesome but I'm afraid I would get tired of it in a few hours. Can you tell me if it becomes redundant at some time? Thanks.
    I really liked the demo too. I will have to play it more, I just got the game on sale during one of those black Friday sales. I know the first DQ Builders becoming redundant at times, I think DQ2 tries to overcome the redundancy by adding more features, like being able to swim under-water and more methods of building. Plus you can have more people help you build.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to LeftyGuitar For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

I really liked the demo too. I will have to play it more, I just got the game on sale during one of those black Friday sales. I know the first DQ Builders becoming redundant at times, I think DQ2 tries to overcome the redundancy by adding more features, like being able to swim under-water and more methods of building. Plus you can have more people help you build.
    Thanks. I think I'll buy it eventually.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Moana For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

I'm needing some advice about Super Famicom games.
    I'm looking to import a Super Famicom cart, not SNES US or SNES PAL. My console is Super Famicom.

Basically I want a cart for testing, can't use local PAL carts because of chip incompatibility and importing a US cart is cost prohibitive (plus the cart is the wrong size for my console slot and I'm not pulling shit apart to deal with that).

I don't understand Japanese so I'm looking for suggestions about title options that are easy enough to figure out play wise.
    Couple of titles I'm wondering would be ok are Super Metroid and Dungeon Master (I suspect the latter might be difficult without knowledge of Japanese though).

Any suggestions are welcome but no sports games please

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,302 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

Super Metroid is an ideal pickup, seeing as the Japanese and English release both have the same rom just in a different shell. But I doubt it's cheap? Why not just go for Mario World, it can be had for $6USD shipped, and I'm sure you can muddle through any Japanese menus.
    https://www.ebay.ca/itm/N1349-Ninten...YAAOSwn~Jd04Fq
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
    Super Metroid is an ideal pickup, seeing as the Japanese and English release both have the same rom just in a different shell. But I doubt it's cheap? Why not just go for Mario World, it can be had for $6USD shipped, and I'm sure you can muddle through any Japanese menus.
    https://www.ebay.ca/itm/N1349-Ninten...YAAOSwn~Jd04Fq
    Yeah Super Metroid SFC isn't dirt cheap. I can get it for $30aud ($20usd) or maybe a bit less if I spend some time on auctions.
    I'm not interested in Mario World...I did consider Mario Kart but I'd rather get a cheap shooter.
    I've spent some time looking at DKC releases, the first 2 games aren't overly expensive but 3 seems a little more unless you get them all as one lot.

Is Super Darius Darius Twin ok without knowing Japanese?

Thanks for the input.

Edit:
    I've got a generic snes controller, also a DC 9v 1A psu (just need to cut the cord & switch wires around to get right polarity) which is near enough to do the job afaik.
    Just want a cheap test cart.

Edit 2:
    Is Wizardry V Heart of the Maelstrom playable or does it have selectable English (even if not totally complete)?
    Last edited by deadlegion; 9th-December-2019 at 06:32. Reason: fixed

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    Is Super Darius Darius Twin ok without knowing Japanese?
    Boot up the Japanese rom for 5 minutes you lazy

I just clicked on that random ebay sellers other stuff and looked at his cheap SFC games. You can get Bomberman 2 for $6USD, fuck yeah!
    https://www.ebay.ca/itm/N1329-Ninten...8AAOSwmXtdy57b
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks
    EP Points

See my edit

Yeah I am lazy, not enough time to be testing roms which is why I'm asking here

Edit:
    Went ahead and bought Wizardry V, $4usd shipped.
    Last edited by deadlegion; 10th-December-2019 at 02:46.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

I'm needing some advice about Super Famicom games.
    I'm looking to import a Super Famicom cart, not SNES US or SNES PAL. My console is Super Famicom.

Basically I want a cart for testing, can't use local PAL carts because of chip incompatibility and importing a US cart is cost prohibitive (plus the cart is the wrong size for my console slot and I'm not pulling shit apart to deal with that).

I don't understand Japanese so I'm looking for suggestions about title options that are easy enough to figure out play wise.
    Couple of titles I'm wondering would be ok are Super Metroid and Dungeon Master (I suspect the latter might be difficult without knowledge of Japanese though).

Any suggestions are welcome but no sports games please
    I got a Super Famicom from Ebay some years ago. It works fine and it came with two controllers and two games. Both games are english friendly. There is a handful of Super Famciom only games that you can play even if you don't know or know little Japanese. Keep in mind the cord length for Super Famicom controllers are pretty short, compared to NA controllers.

Thanks
    EP Points

I got a Super Famicom from Ebay some years ago. It works fine and it came with two controllers and two games. Both games are english friendly. There is a handful of Super Famciom only games that you can play even if you don't know or know little Japanese. Keep in mind the cord length for Super Famicom controllers are pretty short, compared to NA controllers.
    My controller is a generic SNES type, the cord is well over 1 metre long.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

My controller is a generic SNES type, the cord is well over 1 metre long.
    I forgot the controllers are region free. You can Super Famicom or NA controllers on either system. I do like the Super Famicom and PAL controllers got the different colors on the buttons.

Thanks
    EP Points

I forgot the controllers are region free. You can Super Famicom or NA controllers on either system. I do like the Super Famicom and PAL controllers got the different colors on the buttons.
    Yeah it's a generic PAL SNES/Super Famicom type controller, the NA controllers (like the console) are horrid

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah it's a generic PAL SNES/Super Famicom type controller, the NA controllers (like the console) are horrid
    Yeah I wish us here in NA got the colorful console, but we got a bleak looking box with purple for colors on the controllers.

Thanks
    EP Points

I like the grey/purple controller appearance. I don't like the concave/convex buttons though, that was just stupid.