Page 1 of 103 1234561151101 ... LastLast

Thread: The all encompassing "Suggest a game!" thread.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Default The all encompassing "Suggest a game!" thread.

Alright people, I'm offering up a single thread in which people can come in, request a game, and get suggestions from like-minded gamers. Or you can even accept suggestions from gamers who's tastes might differ from yours, which may very well turn you on to games that you might never have played otherwise. Also, as a sticky, this will ensure that your requests don't get knocked off the first page by other, more active threads, so I encourage you to use this, rather than starting a new thread for every request.

So it goes like this; You're gonna want to let us know what types of games you're interested in playing, as well as the platform on which you're interested in playing them. Keep in mind that everyone will be allowed to suggest whatever they want for your platform of choice, but narrowing it down to a specific genre/genres allows us to better determine what to suggest to you, before suggesting something outside of your preferred genres.

For example, let's say that I'm looking for a good N64 platformer to play. I'd ask that you guys make some suggestions as to what you think I ought to play. I've already blasted through Super Mario 64 though, so I'm interested in playing something different, but comparable enough to that in terms of entertainment factor. Any suggestions?
    Last edited by Cyberxion; 21st-January-2007 at 21:57.

Thanks

Rayman 2, of course! Though I'm quite sure you've already played that. And I think the DC version handles better?

If not, I guess Banjo Kazooie/Tooie are good ones, if you don't mind collecting tons of stuff... And yeah, I'm pretty sure you've already played those as well...

Shadowman? It's 1 part Tomb Raider (lite), 1 part repetitive gunplay, but it's nice nonetheless...

My turn! Recommend me a quality survival horror game -- Anything excluding RE 1 through 4 (including remake), as well as Veronica. SH 1 through 4 are done and dull... Platform? DC, GCN, PS2, XBOX. Got no DS. Got no 360.

Rule of Rose?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Roux View Post
    My turn! Recommend me a quality survival horror game -- Anything excluding RE 1 through 4 (including remake), as well as Veronica. SH 1 through 4 are done and dull... Platform? DC, GCN, PS2, XBOX. Got no DS. Got no 360.

Rule of Rose?
    Fatal Frame I/II/III for the PS2. Similar to SH in terms of atmosphere and borrows a few elements from it but still a great game nonetheless.

Thanks
    EP Points

Parasite Eve 2 should do nicely for you, Ru. The Clock Tower series is worth a look too if you're after something a little different.

Cyber, I have four words for you: Conker's Bad Fur Day. You're in for a real treat if you haven't played it before.

Now, someone please suggest another Wii game for me to purchase. I currently have Zelda, Rayman and Wii Sports and I'm unsure what to get next. Feel free to recommend games of any genre since I'm open minded and there still isn't a terrible lot out for the console yet. I'm leaning towards Marvel Ultimate Alliance at the moment but just want to make sure I'm not overlooking any better games.
    Last edited by Cosmic; 21st-January-2007 at 22:56.

Thanks

Conker wins, seriously.

I'd like to know what people think of Rule of Rose, I'm a bit interested on that game but I haven't known anyone who have played it.

Ehh...on what Ru said, if you go with Clock Tower, go with the SNES one, I didn't liked the others, but give them a try anyway.

EDIT: Oh oh, and Siren too. I have heard is quite good and it's survival horror or something similar.

Thanks

D'oh! I think I've never been more freaked out than the time I played Fatal Frame! Completely forgot about those games, though... I'll see what I can do. SIDENOTE: I greatly prefer Fatal Frame over Silent Hill. Go figure.

Clock Tower - Great game. Played to death.
    Clock Tower II - Done. Not as good as the first one.
    Clock Tower III - Done. Horrible.
    Parasite Eve - Err... Didn't quite like it. Might give it another go?
    Parasite Eve 2 - Interested...

What's the name of that game with the girl and her dog? It's from CAPCOM...

Cosmick: Elebits? WarioWare? Super Monkey Ball? Buncha VC games?

Thanks

What's the name of that game with the girl and her dog? It's from CAPCOM...
    That's Rule of Rose, Altus is the developer I think.

Thanks
    EP Points

Roux: Haunting Ground...?

Yeah, play Parasite Eve 2. It's much more survival horror-ish than the first. Which makes me like PE1 better than PE2, but that's just me.

Thanks
    EP Points

Shadowman's main asset is it's story. It's gameplay is strickly third-rate, but it's story is one of the best videogame plots I've ever seen. It's better than the Shadowman comic the game is based on!
    I looked up Rule of Rose on wikipedia, and it's page has a link to this game:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haunting_Ground
    Sounds fairly fucked up, tbh. O_o
    Here are some more Survival Horror games, btw.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surviva..._game#Examples
    If you haven't played it yet, find yourself a copy of Sweet Home and a translation patch. Quite a nice game, it was the original inspiration for Resident Evil.
    Speaking of survival horror games, anyone know any good ones on PC? I can only think of Silent Hill 3 (borrored my friend's PS2 and played it on that) and the House of the Dead games (I've played through each and every one in the arcade with my little brother. ).
    Last edited by Jetsetlemming; 21st-January-2007 at 23:37.
    As I was walking down the stair,
    I met a man who wasn't there.
    He wasn't there again today.
    I wish, I wish he'd go away.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    Roux: Haunting Ground...?

Yeah, play Parasite Eve 2. It's much more survival horror-ish than the first. Which makes me like PE1 better than PE2, but that's just me.
    Yep, Haunting Ground, that's it! I read ROR is sorta similar (read: stole the idea) in that respect, so don't feel bad, Fer...

PE? Left a bad taste in me mouth. Slow. Too Nomura-ish. I dislike Nomura. Can't you tell? Now, PE written/directed by Matsuno, well...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jetsetlemming View Post
    Shadowman's main asset is it's story. It's gameplay is strickly third-rate, but it's story is one of the best videogame plots I've ever seen. It's better than the Shadowman comic the game is based on!
    Yep, but I'm usually patient. If you can endure the sorta-repetitive nature of the game, it's good enough.
    I looked up Rule of Rose on wikipedia, and it's page has a link to this game:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haunting_Ground
    Sounds fairly fucked up, tbh. O_o
    We were discussing that game already.
    Here are some more Survival Horror games, btw.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surviva..._game#Examples
    If you haven't played it yet, find yourself a copy of Sweet Home and a translation patch. Quite a nice game, it was the original inspiration for Resident Evil.
    I was playing Sweet Home before you were outta those diapers, buddy! Awesome game. When a collection of 8-bit sprites and bleeps and bloops can make you shudder in the middle of the night, you know someone did something right.

Thanks

Roux: Kuon - PS2
    My Trade List (Updated: Jan 24, 2007). Now Taking Requests.

This is teh Intarwebz...We care not for Copyrights!

Thanks

Yep, Haunting Ground, that's it! I read ROR is sorta similar (read: stole the idea) in that respect, so don't feel bad, Fer...

PE? Left a bad taste in me mouth. Slow. Too Nomura-ish. I dislike Nomura. Can't you tell? Now, PE written/directed by Matsuno, well...
    I felt sort of nubish. But anyways, I'll look for Haunting Ground.

I liked PE until disk 1, then battling became too annoying, PE2 was awesome stuff.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,299 Times in 1,164 Posts
    EP Points

Not stole, RoR is a spiritual sequel. It supposedly had some of the same staff and all that junk.
    Anyways Haunting Ground is supposed to be better, because it's faster (and has bewbs).

More suggestions
    Fear Effect 1&2 (PSX) Not really scary, more actiony
    Eternal Darkness (Cube)
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks
    EP Points

Parasite Eve 2 was a great game, PE1 I wouldn't count as survival horror at all, just a horror-themed RPG. The weapons customization thing in that game was really nice.
    Survival Crisis Z is a good survival horror game for a freeware game. The action is more arcade-like than a typical survival horror, but ammo tends to be short (especially in the beginning), dozens of zombies attack you at once, and your character has "fatigue" and "hunger" levels that when low will adversely effect your performance (hunger makes you run slower, fatigue makes the screen darker, and at high levels it starts to wave and fade in and out and pulse).
    Would Clive Barker's undying count as survival horror? I guess you would, there are other FPS Survival horror games. Undying's got a lot of variety to it's levels and areas and enemies and your methods of killing them, including the best melee weapon in any FPS: The Scythe of the Celts. The enemies are suitably horrific and frightening for the most part, except for the pirates and cavemen later in the game... ¬_¬ Well, the pirates at least make sense in the story. ^^; Plus, they have good one-liners in combat that makes the game feel smarter than it really is, like noticing when you stop shooting and reload or try and run away.
    As I was walking down the stair,
    I met a man who wasn't there.
    He wasn't there again today.
    I wish, I wish he'd go away.