Thread: GBA Roms are down, thought I'd drop you all a line.

Thanks

Default GBA Roms are down, thought I'd drop you all a line.

First off, sorry it took so long for me to report this, I noticed a few hours ago but apparently when the forum died so did my username so I had to re-register. Oh well.
    Also, yes, I SAW the problem another user was having on the GBA section. This ones different.
    Ok,for one, the GBA roms list itself hates me. If I click on the link or open it as a bookmark even, it wont open, usually.
    Also, when trying to download any roms of any kind from that section, I get either a "too many connections from your location" which is false because I'm not downloading anything from this site, and havnt in a few weeks or so, OR, I get a message box asking for some FTP info or somethin, and since I dont know what to enter I cant download anything.

Since I've been here a while, mostly just reading more than responding, I know what info I need to include, so here we go...
    Windows XP,
    Firewalls OFF,
    Browsers = Internet Explorer 7 and Firefox 2.0
    No other computers on the network (2 compys total) have so much as ever SEEN this site, much less downloaded from it, so thats not the cause of connection errors.

Hope that was enough info for everyone. Normally, I would just kinda wait for it to blow over, but this is hands down the best ROM site ever. I just wanted to do my part to keep it up and running.
    Keep up the excelent work.
    "I don't care what you're doing, so much as the idiotic way you're doing it." -Vincent Valentine

Inside of a Final Fantasy NES cartridge...
    Thanks
    EP Points

Tried downloading the GBA list and several roms using FireFox 1.5, and the downloads work fine.

I don't know what the problem could be with you: maybe it's your browsers, maybe it's your network, or maybe there were too many people downloading from the site when you tried before.

All I can tell you is to try again, maybe from a different computer, maybe one using FireFox 1.5 or IE 6.

Thanks

Alright, will do!
    *stupid little salute*
    I'll letcha all know if I find out what the problem is, your right, maybe my computer is just being fruity.
    "I don't care what you're doing, so much as the idiotic way you're doing it." -Vincent Valentine

Thanks

Ah, well to update everyone...
    I tried it from 2 different computers...so far I can only get as far as the download itself, it still asks for FTP information.
    Tried to get around that with DAP, no go. It says Site Refuses Connection.