Thread: PSP PSX emulation problem

Thanks

Default PSP PSX emulation problem

hi i used to have a account and i haven't logged on in a few months so im guessing it was deleted?

Anyhow... bascially i've installed Dark Alex 3.03OEA and it can't get the psx.isos working. In my PSP DIRECTORY i have COMMON, SAVEDATA, SYSTEM & GAME folders. When i upgraded, i created the GAME150 & GAME303 so that the upgrade would work... i also wondered if the program was meant to do that or i was. Anyhow it proceeded to up grade and so after that i deleted the GAME150 & GAME303 Folders. All my psx backups are in Bin/Cue format so i used magicISO to create the Iso format and then used POPSTATION To compress it. I put it game in PSP/GAME but it still won't run. Also i used to be able to run PSP.iso but now i can't... can you tell me what im doing wrong?

Also... i used to be able to play old roms from various consoles but i don't know where to put them. Also they load the emu but not the rom!

Please help
    Last edited by DrCross; 20th-January-2007 at 15:28.

Thanks
    EP Points

Forums were down for a bit. That's how your old account was deleted. Basically the only backup was from early 2005. So all accounts made after then were gone. If you ask a member of staff they'll restore your old details. Cookie_Monster did for me. ^.^

Thanks

Thanks for that... will speak to them shortly...

Hopefully will get a answer to my massive problem!

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by DrCross View Post

Did you remember to have the important KEYS.BIN when using PopStation?

"MAKE SURE KEYS.BIN AND BASE.PBP ARE IN THE SAME DIRECTORY AS POPSTATION.EXE"

Thanks

yes i made sure of it... otherwise i wouldn't have got the end product EBOOT and the KEY files and placed them in PSP/GAME/XXXXX.

I've just tried playing a GBA emulator and that seems to be working perfectly. I placed it in two new created files: GAME150 & GAME303 and it seems to be working in the GAME150 folder. My megadrive emulator also works in GAME150 but only shows the roms, allows me to select the rom and then it just says "Connect..."

Also can i play PSP isos?

Thanks
    EP Points

My head hurts... So much at once, man .

Well, the GAME150 folder is by default for apps made for 1.50 firmware. Which means, about all apps out there. Anyways, you can play PSP ISOs too by placing them in a ISO folder in the root of the memorystick.

Thanks

Thanks. Any idea why the popstation psx compressed files won't work?

Also... would that be G: PSP/GAME/ISO or just G:ISO?
    Ok so brings up the icon but no game appears. Am i supposed to still have the files from the opeupdmaker on the Memory stick?
    Last edited by DrCross; 20th-January-2007 at 18:49.

Thanks

Thanks. Any idea why the popstation psx compressed files won't work?

Also... would that be G: PSP/GAME/ISO or just G:ISO?
    Ok so brings up the icon but no game appears. Am i supposed to still have the files from the opeupdmaker on the Memory stick?
    Ok this is the site I went:
    http://zingaburga.co.nr/spsgui.html
    I used this one to compress my psx iso, and Im now playing Xenogears on PSP.
    I also had a error messege when it finished and it tried to pass the files to the PSP, but what I did was just make a folder under Game (Something like this: K:\PSP\GAME\Xenogears [NTSC-U] [Disc1of2]) and copy-paste the files (EBOOT.PBP and KEYS.BIN) to that location. The game sholud appear in the memory stick like a PSPSONE icon.

Thanks

Ok... tried it with that and still no luck... i had converted the game from a BIN/CUE to ISO with MagicISO so maybe thats the problem... any other suggestions?

Ok... so i've got it working. seems the program can compress a PSX BIN/CUE file into a Eboot ... but i still can't seem to get the PSP ISO to run.
    Last edited by DrCross; 21st-January-2007 at 02:35.

Thanks

Ok... tried it with that and still no luck... i had converted the game from a BIN/CUE to ISO with MagicISO so maybe thats the problem... any other suggestions?
    I use IsoProducer for the convertion files from bin/cue to iso, but I dont have a link for it (sorry). Maybe you can google it. But it works because I already used IsoProducer to convert FF-V and then compress it and Im testing it now on the PSP and it works fine. But who knows, maybe your cue file is corrupted... try to use daemon tools and load the bin file (not the cue) into a virtual drive and you could have more luck.

Thanks

ok... so i've got it working. seems the program can compress a PSX BIN/CUE file into a Eboot ... but i still can't seem to get the PSP ISO to run.

Thanks

About the isos (PSP) not running, do you have a UMD in the drive?

If not then you should have the no-umd feature enabled in the recovery menu.