Thread: Ye Old Clunker

Thanks

Default Ye Old Clunker

What is the worse car you have ever driven? Mine was and still is a 1995 corsica. Here is what I have replaced in it and I have used only new parts except for the body, case I found a junked one that had a mint body on it.

BRAKES:
    Shoes
    Rotors
    Drums
    Pads
    Lines, including all 4 flex hoses
    Total Cost: $789.51 (Canadian)

Body
    Driver's Side Mirror
    Front passenger's side door
    Windsheild
    Front Bumper
    Rear Bumper
    Total Cost $500.00 (One day at the junk yard) (Canadian)

Drivetrain
    Front Struts
    Rear Shocks
    Tires X 8
    Exhaust and muffler X 4
    CV joints (Driver's and Passenger's Side)
    Control Arms
    Total Cost $1395.00 (Canadian)

Fuel System:
    Fuel Pump
    Gas Tank
    Gas Lines
    Fuel Injector X 4
    Fuel Injector O Rings X 4
    Total Cost $399.31 (Canadian)

Other:
    Motor
    Transmission
    Throttle Assembly
    Computer X2
    Starter X2
    Altonator
    Total Cost 1615.00 (Canadian)

Grand Total: 4698.82
    All cost included labor as well

Man, it isn't until I went through all the bills from my mechanic that I relised all the work that I have sunk into this car over the last year and a half. I only paid 800 for the car, and I had the motor and the transmission from another car around so I threw that in it (Yes I paid 800 for a car without a motor and a transmission in it.)

Here is an idea of how cars are priced here. A vehical made in the 1990's, that needs a lot of work, you are looking at 1500 easy. People here buy cars that are worth more than their home, and you pay a fortune for a new car. For a new Chevy Cobalt, with no new extra features, you are looking at 24K easy.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks

How did you drive it home?
    I love tekken.

Thanks
    EP Points

Because he fitted the motor and transmission, then drove it home?

Thanks

Still a peace of junk to me.
    I love tekken.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Spudwiser View Post
    ...Grand Total: 4698.82...
    Man, you coulda got a better car for that... Why the dedication to such a crap car if you dislike it soo much?

Shit. I can get and 2002 Camry for only 2K. Fully Loaded. I'm thinking of buying it too.

Thanks

Hahah. My parent's used to own a '94 Corsica. It was purple. I drive a '99 Blazer, or an '89 Volvo stationwagon. I don't own either, my parents still let my drive their cars.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ktiger41 View Post
    Man, you coulda got a better car for that... Why the dedication to such a crap car if you dislike it soo much?

Shit. I can get and 2002 Camry for only 2K. Fully Loaded. I'm thinking of buying it too.
    You dont know that at the time when you pay 50 bucks here and 100 bucks there, and like i said, to buy a 1990 anything here you are looking at 2k easy. I don't just happen to have that laying around at the moment. To buy something new, in order to qualify for the car loan, you need to have a near perfect credit score, and have had at least 1 credit card for at least 2 years and even then you will probably need a co-signer.

My dad refuses to help with a new/newer car. His view is that I shouldn't have gotten a car at all, yet I am not allowed to drive his, and my mom declaired bankruptcy so it will be 8 years before they even let her apply for a credit card.

When I bought the car, I bought it from a friend. I had a 1992 Cavalier, but I was in a car accident and the car was pretty much cut in half, but the motor and the transmission were still mint because before I bought it, they guy had just put a new factory motor from chev in it because of a recall that he was never told about. My friend told me if he could have the cavalier then i could have the corsica for 800 bucks (That is a steal for a 1995 anything around here).

What he failed to tell me is that the car sat in his yard for 3 years and didn't move. I'm Trying to quit smokeing and is I succeed I am going to buy a new car in september with what I save and the remainder of my student loan that is left. I have a line on a 92 Gran Prix for 1000, but I needs all new brake lines, so I told him I would give him no more than 850 if he didnt get the lines done. His brother is a mechanic and he does all the work for me as well so I know if I bring it down to him and ask what has been done he will tell me.
    Last edited by Spudwiser; 20th-January-2007 at 04:53.

Thanks
    EP Points

My old clunker is now gone.

My new car ppics will be posted tomorrow

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Spudwiser View Post
    My dad refuses to help with a new/newer car. His view is that I shouldn't have gotten a car at all, yet I am not allowed to drive his.
    I hear ya. I remember those days.