Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast

Thread: General PSP homebrew discussion.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

I haven't tried it myself yet, but you have Daedalus PSP

http://dl.qj.net/Nintendo-64-Emulators-PSP-/catid/330

Dark AleX's custom FW 3.30 OE-A has been released. More info, here:

http://pspupdates.qj.net/Dark-AleX-r...g/49/aid/89527

crusher is offline ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A START
    Thanks
    EP Points

Thanks
    EP Points

Im in somewhat of a rush, I leave tomorrow on a road trip and i want something to play when i get bored. At the moment my PSP is at FW 1.5 and im wanting to get it up to Dark AleX's 3.40 OE. I need Sony's 3.40 FW eboot for it to work. If anybody can upload (or direct me to where i can download) that for me i would appreciate it.

Edit: Or better yet, help me install it all together. I found the 3.4 Sony FW eboot file -- I thought i had the correct 1.5 FW eboot, but when i try to install 3.4 OE it says its an invalid 1.50 file. If anybody can help, great thanks.

Edit2: Will this update even work on a 32mb stick? With all the updaters and the eboot on the memstick i have a whopping 48kb left. Im guessing that the files 3.4OE has to make will take more than that... Such bull.
    Last edited by MondayHopscotch; 17th-June-2007 at 02:33.

Thanks
    EP Points

Is there a way to shrink file sizes on the Memory Stick so i can get everything to fit on my PSP in order to complete the FW update?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MondayHopscotch View Post
    Im in somewhat of a rush, I leave tomorrow on a road trip and i want something to play when i get bored. At the moment my PSP is at FW 1.5 and im wanting to get it up to Dark AleX's 3.40 OE. I need Sony's 3.40 FW eboot for it to work. If anybody can upload (or direct me to where i can download) that for me i would appreciate it.

Edit: Or better yet, help me install it all together. I found the 3.4 Sony FW eboot file -- I thought i had the correct 1.5 FW eboot, but when i try to install 3.4 OE it says its an invalid 1.50 file. If anybody can help, great thanks.

Edit2: Will this update even work on a 32mb stick? With all the updaters and the eboot on the memstick i have a whopping 48kb left. Im guessing that the files 3.4OE has to make will take more than that... Such bull.
    I can help you downgrade your PSP as well as link you to the proper files that are required for the purpose but I shall warn you that the total size of all the files that are needed are MORE THAN 32 MB and you will need more space.

The 1.50 eboot file is 13 MB, the 3.40 eboot file is 21 MB, 3.40 OE-A flasher is 400 kb and apart from that, you will have to create YOUR OWN DATA.DXAR, which the flasher will do itself but the size of that newly created file in itself is around 18 mb, so you'll need at least that much space for the flasher to create that file.

Nevertheless, if you manage to find a bigger mem stick, here are the required files...

PSP Custom Firmware 3.40 OE-A

PSP 3.40 FW Eboot

PSP 1.50 FW Eboot

Unzip all of them and read the readme file that is there in 340_oea.rar and follow the instructions. Its pretty easy If you've got anymore questions, just ask away

Quote Originally Posted by MondayHopscotch View Post
    Is there a way to shrink file sizes on the Memory Stick so i can get everything to fit on my PSP in order to complete the FW update?
    I don't think so :\
    Last edited by Kazekage Gaara; 17th-June-2007 at 16:36.

| LG OLED G1 65-Inch | Ryzen 5 5600x @ 4.75Ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming | Zotac RTX 3080 Ti Amp Extreme Holo 12GB GDDR6X | WD Black SN850 1TB | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 16 GB DDR4 3600 MHz | Lian Li Galahad 240 AIO | ASUS ROG Strix 850W Gold | Xbox One Wireless Controller | Nintendo Switch (Atmosphere) |

Thanks
    EP Points

well im back from my trip now, i was forced to either be bored nearly to death, or upgrade to 2.81.... long story short, i upgraded.

Thanks
    EP Points

Dark Alex leaves the PSP scene. It's bad news but we wish him the best of lucks thanking him for his awesome work in the past months.

http://www.dark-alex.org/

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    Dark Alex leaves the PSP scene. It's bad news but we wish him the best of lucks thanking him for his awesome work in the past months.

Oh, that's not good. Well, there really isn't any need for any updated version of the FW. Just yet, and I'm sure someone will be willing to take over from where DA left off.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post

Truely saddening news. I hope someone will pick up where he left off. PSP is sure to die if no one does.

Thanks
    EP Points

The PSP won't die without Dark_Alex, but the scene will certainly slow down without him until someone can take his place.

Thanks
    EP Points

This doesn't really involve homebrew, but this is the only PSP thread I've seen around here. (Mods, move this if necessary) Anyway, I'm having some trouble playing Daxter on my memory stick. I just downloaded it today, and am using a 2.82 fw dump with Devhook 0.5.BETA Launcher. I followed a guide on how to install this launcher correctly some time ago, but could never reinstall it correctly on another PSP. But the problem is, a few minutes after I get into the game when a new area loads, the PSP freezes up, and I noticed the memory stick light is constantly on. Is the PSP looking for something but not finding it? I also noticed there's no sound in the game, either.

I can't even rememeber how I installed this launcher, but it only supports fw up to 2.82. It would be nice to have an easy-to-install updated version with 3.0 support or higher. Does anyone have a link to something like that, because I'm pretty sure my fw dump is the problem. This type of lock-up also happened when I went to type in an address in the web browser.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    The PSP won't die without Dark_Alex, but the scene will certainly slow down without him until someone can take his place.
    I think Team_Noobz will replace him eventually, just at a slower pace b/c I feel they need to get the hang of custom firmware making first I suppose.

Thanks
    EP Points

Hey guys, do you think you can help me here? Or do I need to create a new topic?

Thanks
    EP Points

I don't know if what you dled is a good copy of the game, but if you want to play the newest games you better start using a custom firmware, 3.40 OE is the latest one.

Thanks

PSP Custom Firmware v3.51 M33 released
    http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=69214
    Last edited by maca; 14th-July-2007 at 17:47.