Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast

Thread: General PSP homebrew discussion.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by SegNin View Post
    Try disabling sound, if that's an option.
    I can get both games working at a playable level(no more than 8fps with sound, 25ish without), its just that the graphic quality is terrible and there is no sound. Thats why i asked if there are any different emulators because Snes9x TYL can barely play the bigger games.
    Last edited by MondayHopscotch; 30th-March-2007 at 19:44.

Inside of a Final Fantasy NES cartridge...
    Thanks
    EP Points

Here's quite a few SNES emu's for PSP:
    http://dl.qj.net/Super-Nintendo-SNES...PSP-/catid/135
    http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/ (look on the left side)

I have no idea if they're any better since I don't own a PSP.
    Last edited by SegNin; 30th-March-2007 at 20:45.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by SegNin View Post
    Here's quite a few SNES emu's for PSP:
    http://dl.qj.net/Super-Nintendo-SNES...PSP-/catid/135
    http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/ (look on the left side)

I have no idea if they're any better since I don't own a PSP.
    well a lot of the ones in those links are just different versions of the emulator i already have. But i tried a few anyways and for some reason the ME version of Snes9XTYL runs Super Mario RPG A LOT better. No idea why, but thanks However, Super Puyo Puyo still runs slow even though the games it self is half the size. It might be because it is japanese.
    Last edited by MondayHopscotch; 30th-March-2007 at 21:16.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by MondayHopscotch View Post
    are you using the same emulator as I am?

Im using SNES9X TYL with these default settings:

Video:
    ~~~~
    Engine - PSP accel + accur. soft
    Video mode - zoom 4/3
    Smoothing - yes
    Speed limit switch - yes
    Speed limit fps - Auto
    Frameskip - Auto
    VSync - no
    Render PAL as NTSC - yes
    Gama correction - 0

Sound:
    ~~~~
    Sound mode - emulated, output
    Output frequency - 22050Hz
    APU Cycles ratio - 100%

Misc:
    ~~~~
    PSP Clockspeed 333Mhz
    --------------------------

If you are using the same emulator with similar settings as I am, try playing Donkey Kong Country or Super Mario RPG and tell me how it runs.

Those two games are two of the few that don't run very well right now. Most games work pretty good though.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Those two games are two of the few that don't run very well right now. Most games work pretty good though.
    Go figure... the games i wanted to play the most are the ones that dont work very well.

Oh well, there are plenty of other games to keep my busy while emulation gets better.

Thanks

Guys,

I read something on the internet that you need to have a UMD in the UMD drive of your PSP to boot up certain ISOs (from the memory stick) coz otherwise the game just wouldn't work and someone also mentioned that you need an actual game rather than the Demo UMD. Is this true ?? or is it the thing of the past ??
    Last edited by Kazekage Gaara; 31st-March-2007 at 19:25.

| LG OLED G1 65-Inch | Ryzen 5 5600x @ 4.75Ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming | Zotac RTX 3080 Ti Amp Extreme Holo 12GB GDDR6X | WD Black SN850 1TB | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 16 GB DDR4 3600 MHz | Lian Li Galahad 240 AIO | ASUS ROG Strix 850W Gold | Xbox One Wireless Controller | Nintendo Switch (Atmosphere) |

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Kazekage Gaara View Post
    Guys,

I read something on the internet that you need to have a UMD in the UMD drive of your PSP to boot up certain ISOs (from the memory stick) coz otherwise the game just wouldn't work and someone also mentioned that you need an actual game rather than the Demo UMD. Is this true ?? or is it the thing of the past ???
    It's true. Most games require you to have a real UMD in your drive. When I say most, I mean MOST not ALL. But heck, you can just use your Demo UMD that followed with your PSP.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by snkupo View Post
    It's true. Most games require you to have a real UMD in your drive. When I say most, I mean MOST not ALL. But heck, you can just use your Demo UMD that followed with your PSP.
    I read many posts on a torrent forum where people said you need an real game UMD to be in the drive and that the demo one wouldn't work.

If that's true, I'll have to shell out a lot more money coz original PSP games in India don't come cheap

| LG OLED G1 65-Inch | Ryzen 5 5600x @ 4.75Ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming | Zotac RTX 3080 Ti Amp Extreme Holo 12GB GDDR6X | WD Black SN850 1TB | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 16 GB DDR4 3600 MHz | Lian Li Galahad 240 AIO | ASUS ROG Strix 850W Gold | Xbox One Wireless Controller | Nintendo Switch (Atmosphere) |

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Kazekage Gaara View Post
    I read many posts on a torrent forum where people said you need an real game UMD to be in the drive and that the demo one wouldn't work.

If that's true, I'll have to shell out a lot more money coz original PSP games in India don't come cheap
    While I use a real game, I have heard the Demo, or even a UMD movie will work. All it does is press the button that tells the PSP there's a UMD in the drive. After a few seconds, it just spins down, so the content isn't important

Thanks

Well, I just Bought my self a PSP with 3.10 OE-A FW, and I had no experince with any type of home brew on the system before, but for the Price and the ability to play my fav PSX games on the road I couldn't pass it up. But I am new to the boards looked around and couldn't find the answers to a couple questions so I was hoping some body could help me out.

I have gotten PSX game's all set up, and ready to go, except I don't know how exactly it works to change disks for games like FF7 and Lunar,so I was hoping some body could just give me a brief discription of how this works and where I could get a ISO of Xenogears, I am sure you guys hate new Idiots like me but any help with those to questions would be greatly appreciative.

Well I found at at least disk one of Xenogears, so I don't need that question answerd any more, except I could still use help on how to switch "disks" for the PS1 games, also I went ahead and downloaded Luminess 2, I already own, but I heard by putting it on your memory stick it could make the game load faster or just play it with out the disk are either of these things true?
    Last edited by TruePrime; 2nd-April-2007 at 00:11.

Thanks
    EP Points

The demo works.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by snkupo View Post
    The demo works.
    Thanx kupo

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by TruePrime View Post
    Well, I just Bought my self a PSP with 3.10 OE-A FW, and I had no experince with any type of home brew on the system before, but for the Price and the ability to play my fav PSX games on the road I couldn't pass it up. But I am new to the boards looked around and couldn't find the answers to a couple questions so I was hoping some body could help me out.

I have gotten PSX game's all set up, and ready to go, except I don't know how exactly it works to change disks for games like FF7 and Lunar,so I was hoping some body could just give me a brief discription of how this works and where I could get a ISO of Xenogears, I am sure you guys hate new Idiots like me but any help with those to questions would be greatly appreciative.

Well I found at at least disk one of Xenogears, so I don't need that question answerd any more, except I could still use help on how to switch "disks" for the PS1 games, also I went ahead and downloaded Luminess 2, I already own, but I heard by putting it on your memory stick it could make the game load faster or just play it with out the disk are either of these things true?

Welcome to EP, your questions are no bother for us, so don't worry, we are here to help

You can get Xenogears, both discs in the main page of emuparadise, under the Roms section.
    To change discs, it should be easy for those games that let you save your game just before changing the disc, save the game and then boot the next disc. Not sure about the rest since I still havent tried PSX emulation on my PSP.
    Playing the games form your MS will reduce the loading time. As snkupo and Sprung just said, some games will require an original UMD to be inserted in your console to boot certain backups tho.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by MondayHopscotch View Post
    If you are using the same emulator with similar settings as I am, try playing Donkey Kong Country or Super Mario RPG and tell me how it runs.
    For DKC try disabling palette writes. You'll lose some of the background detail but the trade-off is you get full speed with frameskip 1. Also make sure you use the latest ME version of the emulator (0.4.2me) since the sound CPU is emulated on the media engine.
    Last edited by Cosmic; 8th-April-2007 at 12:03.

Thanks

Am I able to play nintendo 64 games on my psp?