Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast

Thread: General PSP homebrew discussion.

Thanks
    EP Points

If yours looks like mine, which is a launch unit and therefore doesn't have TA-082, then I would guess that you have the TA-86 mother board.

My PSP UMD Slot

I would recommend using Dark_Alex's firmware. I have version 3.10 OE-A, and I play PS1 games and emulators on mine.

3.10 OE-A Installation Guide

Thanks
    EP Points

Im pretty sure that my psp is an old version, there is no number on my mobo like the TA-82's are said to have. My box(that my PSP cam in) has no Letter on it that indicates the preinstalled firmware, so i think its probably a launch unit.

With Dark_Alex's firmware, can i set up SNES emulators and other things of that kind easily?

Wait -- In the picture of your UMD slot, can you see the motherboard? Because from the picture it all looks silver. In mine i can see the green color of the motherboard but there are no numbers on it.

Sorry for asking so many questions, i just want to make sure i know exactly what i have and what im doing being as i paid 250 bucks for my psp.
    Last edited by MondayHopscotch; 25th-March-2007 at 00:53. Reason: Figured out part of it

Thanks
    EP Points

well long story short, i said f**k it. My psp is now FW 1.50 and i think all is good.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by MondayHopscotch View Post
    well long story short, i said f**k it. My psp is now FW 1.50 and i think all is good.
    Now you can have any firmware you want I was only on 1.50 for a day or two, then I went to 3.10 OE-A (I think that's what it's called )

Thanks
    EP Points

For the time being, im gunna stick with 1.50.

But are there any SNES emulators that work with firmware 1.50?
    Ive found 2, but i couldnt get either to work. Both Just said that "The game could not be started. (80020001)"
    Last edited by MondayHopscotch; 25th-March-2007 at 02:53.

Thanks
    EP Points

is 3.10 OE-A as compatible with homebrews and emulators as 1.50 is?

What are the pros/cons of 3.10 OE and 1.50?
    For me, 1.50 was too buggy. I had some ISOs that would work, others wouldn't. It could have been my inexperience with it, but after I upgraded to 3.10 OE-A, everything has worked perfectly. It adds back in the Web Browser and different colored themes, and is just better in my opinion

Thanks
    EP Points

Well i have everything figured out for the moment. Thanks to everyone that helped me

Thanks
    EP Points

Welcome to the land of owning a hacked PSP. I hope you enjoy your stay.

Thanks
    EP Points

so do i...

but thanks again to those who helped me

Thanks
    EP Points

I left for a road trip thing the day after i got the emulators working on my PSP(thank god). I never really got bored thanks to super nintendo classics like Super Mario World.

But the emulator i currently have, Snes9X TYL 0.4.2, barely runs games that are bigger than about 1 MB. I have to turn off sound emulation and dumb all the settings down to make them work half decently. I was wondering if there are any better SNES emulators out there that can run big games well.

Thanks

I left for a road trip thing the day after i got the emulators working on my PSP(thank god). I never really got bored thanks to super nintendo classics like Super Mario World.

But the emulator i currently have, Snes9X TYL 0.4.2, barely runs games that are bigger than about 1 MB. I have to turn off sound emulation and dumb all the settings down to make them work half decently. I was wondering if there are any better SNES emulators out there that can run big games well.
    Thats something even I would like to know coz Super Mario World is listed as NUMBER ONE on my list of games that am going to play on my PSP when I get it (six days left ) AFAIK, I read many people saying SNES emulation on the PSP is 100% near-perfect.

Edit:

so do i...
    Dude thats some miserable feeling for owning a hacked PSP Ya ain't happy with it or did you just end up using the wrong smiley
    Last edited by Kazekage Gaara; 30th-March-2007 at 17:19.

| LG OLED G1 65-Inch | Ryzen 5 5600x @ 4.75Ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming | Zotac RTX 3080 Ti Amp Extreme Holo 12GB GDDR6X | WD Black SN850 1TB | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 16 GB DDR4 3600 MHz | Lian Li Galahad 240 AIO | ASUS ROG Strix 850W Gold | Xbox One Wireless Controller | Nintendo Switch (Atmosphere) |

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Kazekage Gaara View Post
    Thats something even I would like to know coz Super Mario World is listed as NUMBER ONE on my list of games that am going to play on my PSP when I get it (six days left ) AFAIK, I read many people saying SNES emulation on the PSP is 100% near-perfect.
    well as far as i could tell from the 18 hours i was on the road this week, SNES emulation is really good. Its just that games like Super Puyo Puyo 2, Super Mario RPG, and Donkey Kong Country run terribly(i think the size of the game has something to do with it).

Super Mario World Runs nearly perfect except for a few places like when you fight that "Reznor" thing ->
    the game runs slightly slower.

I just want to be able to play Super mario RPG really bad because I never got a chance to beat it and being able to play it while im on the road and things will make it that much better.

Thanks
    EP Points

Most SNES games run very well for me. I usually keep the autoframe skip option on. Sometimes the game will get slightly jumpy, but most of the time it runs great. I have played through most of Super Mario World and Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past on mine. I have also played a lot of Chrono Trigger. Make sure you set the PSP clockspeed to 333Mhz and not the default 222Mhz. Your battery will drain faster because of the higher clock speed, but the games will run a lot smoother.

Thanks
    EP Points

are you using the same emulator as I am?

Im using SNES9X TYL with these default settings:

Video:
    ~~~~
    Engine - PSP accel + accur. soft
    Video mode - zoom 4/3
    Smoothing - yes
    Speed limit switch - yes
    Speed limit fps - Auto
    Frameskip - Auto
    VSync - no
    Render PAL as NTSC - yes
    Gama correction - 0

Sound:
    ~~~~
    Sound mode - emulated, output
    Output frequency - 22050Hz
    APU Cycles ratio - 100%

Misc:
    ~~~~
    PSP Clockspeed 333Mhz
    --------------------------

If you are using the same emulator with similar settings as I am, try playing Donkey Kong Country or Super Mario RPG and tell me how it runs.
    Last edited by MondayHopscotch; 30th-March-2007 at 19:05.

Inside of a Final Fantasy NES cartridge...
    Thanks
    EP Points

Try disabling sound, if that's an option.