Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast

Thread: General PSP homebrew discussion.

Thanks

http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/about58272.html
    Easy installer. Used it myself and his other installers are all safe so this one is a safe bet.

Thanks
    EP Points

Thanks for the installer. I'll have to try it out sometime this week.

I am assuming that since I have a 1.5 PSP that I need to install
    3.10oe-A Full Install (Alternative Mirror)
    Installer\Extractor for 1.5

Thanks
    EP Points

Firmware 3.10 OE A' is out
    http://dax.lan.st/

Thanks

errr this may seem a bit random, but how well does crash team racing work on the PSX-PSP emu thingy?

check out my bebo:

http://qu4k3000.bebo.com

chill:

Thanks

The PSX on PSP scene is too slow right now to run games, so no.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Snare View Post
    The PSX on PSP scene is too slow right now to run games, so no.
    You are quite mistaken since the official Sony emulator works nearly flawlessly.

As for Crash Team Racing, this compatibility list says it works fine.

http://www.gamerspress.com/index.php...ibility_List#C

Thanks

Well, just a misunderstanding then, thought he was talking about Yoshihiros psx emu for psp.

I don't know but I see these big robots called gears everywhere.
    Thanks

I am thinking about gettting a psp, but there is a lil bit about emulating on it I would like to know. Is there any way to run Game Shark or codebreaker on a psx game ran on a psp? Also what can be emulated on a psp? I know psx, nes and snes, but what about gbc or gba games> or anything sega?

Need New Sig

Thanks
    EP Points

hmm for cheating there is a plugin called cwcheat (for OE Firmware)
    Emulators: many look here on the left for Emulators for PSP or here and here

Thanks

Steven, you can emulate Sega Genesis and Sega Mega Drive, also GBA games as far as i know, I had FF I & II: DOS running at full speed. PSP-Hacks.com is 1 that works well for finding out things. They have a downloads section for the emulators with other things as well...

Thanks

Heh updated my devhook and got FW 3.11 running on my FW 1.5.
    Sweet
    Definition: "love" is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using a Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope

:: There are one-zero kinds of people. Those who understand binary and F others who understand hex ::

Webmaster of:
    http://Irregular-Network.22web.net

My PSX ISO's List:
    updated 4.01.2006 (way pass expiration date, but I still got all what's on the list so request away)
    Here

Thanks
    EP Points

I didnt know if i should start my own thread for this question, so i posted it here. Ive had a PSP for a year and a half now, but never messed with homebrews or emulators. A few games have sparked my interest in SNES on PSP.

I have looked around on google and read up on how to do it but i find it quite complicated. Im a bit cautious because i have read that you can mess up your psp from downgrading your firmware. My PSP has firmware 2.60 currently.

I have found information on Dark AleX's custom firmwares but i want suggestions from people who have already installed 3.02-3.10 OE or downgraded from 2.60. What do any of you suggest i do?

Oh, and im hoping to use a way that doesnt require the GTA hack, if possible(i dont have the game, and would rather not spend the money on it if i dont have to)
    Last edited by MondayHopscotch; 24th-March-2007 at 07:59.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MondayHopscotch View Post
    I didnt know if i should start my own thread for this question, so i posted it here. Ive had a PSP for a year and a half now, but never messed with homebrews or emulators. A few games have sparked my interest in SNES on PSP.

I have looked around on google and read up on how to do it but i find it quite complicated. Im a bit cautious because i have read that you can mess up your psp from downgrading your firmware. My PSP has firmware 2.60 currently.

I have found information on Dark AleX's custom firmwares but i want suggestions from people who have already installed 3.02-3.10 OE or downgraded from 2.60. What do any of you suggest i do?

Oh, and im hoping to use a way that doesnt require the GTA hack, if possible(i dont have the game, and would rather not spend the money on it if i dont have to)
    Here you go....

The Ultimate Downgrader Guide

First, refer to that guide, and if you still got more questions, then ask away

Edit: Oh and by the way, since your PSP's firmware is at 2.60, you don't require the GTA Liberty City Stories UMD to downgrade You just gotta make sure which motherboard you have. If you have a TA-82 or TA-86 motherboard, the method to downgrade varies a little bit and you need to be cautious enough otherwise you might end up bricking your PSP . Just make sure to READ THAT GUIDE PROPERLY AND FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS PERFECTLY and you should be fine
    Last edited by Kazekage Gaara; 24th-March-2007 at 16:22.

| LG OLED G1 65-Inch | Ryzen 5 5600x @ 4.75Ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming | Zotac RTX 3080 Ti Amp Extreme Holo 12GB GDDR6X | WD Black SN850 1TB | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 16 GB DDR4 3600 MHz | Lian Li Galahad 240 AIO | ASUS ROG Strix 850W Gold | Xbox One Wireless Controller | Nintendo Switch (Atmosphere) |

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Kazekage Gaara View Post
    Here you go....

The Ultimate Downgrader Guide

First, refer to that guide, and if you still got more questions, then ask away

Edit: Oh and by the way, since your PSP's firmware is at 2.60, you don't require the GTA Liberty City Stories UMD to downgrade You just gotta make sure which motherboard you have. If you have a TA-82 or TA-86 motherboard, the method to downgrade varies a little bit and you need to be cautious enough otherwise you might end up bricking your PSP . Just make sure to READ THAT GUIDE PROPERLY AND FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS PERFECTLY and you should be fine
    thanks, ill check that out.

Edit -- The method ive seen to check what motherboard i have says to look at the motherboard through the UMD drive:

if i dont see that number does that mean i have a TA-86? I'll keep looking to find the answer, but i figure i might get it faster if i ask here.

OH! and one more thing, would it be better to downgrade to 1.50 or install Dark AleX's custom firmware?
    Last edited by MondayHopscotch; 24th-March-2007 at 20:20.

Thanks

You have to downgrade to 1.5 in order to install DA's custom firmware.

So first downgrade to 1.5.
    And that'll let you upgrade to custom firmware.