Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: General PSP homebrew discussion.

Thanks
    EP Points

if you downgrade, the akku must be full charged !

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jizzel View Post
    Its just recommended to avoid bricks because of no power. Not needed. I've downgraded, upgraded several times. Never had the battery fully charged .

Thanks

What do you mean ?

| LG OLED G1 65-Inch | Ryzen 5 5600x @ 4.75Ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming | Zotac RTX 3080 Ti Amp Extreme Holo 12GB GDDR6X | WD Black SN850 1TB | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 16 GB DDR4 3600 MHz | Lian Li Galahad 240 AIO | ASUS ROG Strix 850W Gold | Xbox One Wireless Controller | Nintendo Switch (Atmosphere) |

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Kazekage Gaara View Post
    What do you mean ?
    He means that the battery has to be fully charged . That is recommended for doing the down/upgrading successfully.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by snkupo View Post
    You will be able to upgrade to any firmware (higher than 1.50) after downgrading to 1.50.
    Ok thanks! I will try to do it so. But to be sure first, I will go and see if there are any shops that could repair a bricked PSP. I think that also I should keep reading more before doing anything because in the psp-hack forums says that for my PSP version I should downloaad the 2.80 firmware and not the 2.71 (or something like that). But anyway, thank you!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Seraph Radiance View Post
    Ok thanks! I will try to do it so. But to be sure first, I will go and see if there are any shops that could repair a bricked PSP. I think that also I should keep reading more before doing anything because in the psp-hack forums says that for my PSP version I should downloaad the 2.80 firmware and not the 2.71 (or something like that). But anyway, thank you!!!
    there are no such shops that can fix a bricked psp, unless you find a place that installs a psp modchip and if you have a TA-82 the modchip is a no go

Thanks
    EP Points

Anyways, bricks will _never_ happen if you care to READ the tutorials

Thanks

I just did the 2.6 -> 2.8 -> 1.5 -> Dark Alex's custom firmware without a hitch today with the TA-082 motherboard. Now to endulge in the world of PSP homebrew!
    My list is very low ATM, had to format... lost many good games... *sniffles*

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jehuty View Post
    there are no such shops that can fix a bricked psp, unless you find a place that installs a psp modchip and if you have a TA-82 the modchip is a no go
    yep, I know that any "normal" shop is not going to repair it like that, but I think I know of a shop where there installs modchips and all that sort of things and I thought that maybe those guys could help with a screwed up PSP. So maybe I should ask them first, or someone who knows about that, before doing anything crazy.

Thanks
    EP Points

a bricked PSP can be repaired. i think they install the modship with a firmware and then they can flash the psp again. later the remove the psp modship and all is done. but this is not cheap.

Thanks

a bricked PSP can be repaired. i think they install the modship with a firmware and then they can flash the psp again. later the remove the psp modship and all is done. but this is not cheap.
    I hope it is cheaper than buying a new one... besides, as snkupo said: "bricks will _never_ happen if you care to READ the tutorials". So I think I will give it a try when I read more about it.

Thanks

Ok Im trying to downgrade my PSP from like... yesterday, and the readme file says to run HEN 280 and that it should flash a blue color on the screen and then reboot. I tried to open HEN 280 from the photo icon and it freezes or sometimes just turns black the screen and then after 5 secs it turns off by itself. Am I doing anything wrong. Btw, my PSP is FW 2.71 and have the TA-082 mother board. Also, Im using the 2.80 -> 1.50 Downgrade from this site (http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/view...?id=32989&p=1). Can anyone help me please? Thanks!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Seraph Radiance View Post
    Ok Im trying to downgrade my PSP from like... yesterday, and the readme file says to run HEN 280 and that it should flash a blue color on the screen and then reboot. I tried to open HEN 280 from the photo icon and it freezes or sometimes just turns black the screen and then after 5 secs it turns off by itself. Am I doing anything wrong. Btw, my PSP is FW 2.71 and have the TA-082 mother board. Also, Im using the 2.80 -> 1.50 Downgrade from this site (http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/view...?id=32989&p=1). Can anyone help me please? Thanks!
    It's normal for Hen-D to not work on the first try.
    Just keep on keepin on and it'll eventually work.

BTW anybody play DJMax Portable for the PSP?
    It's a really good rythym game.

Thanks

stupid but, did you download the TA-82 package?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jehuty View Post
    stupid but, did you download the TA-82 package?
    It's allright now. I successfuly downgraded it to 1.5. Thanks to snkupo and his EXTREMELY BIG HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!