Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1116171819202122 LastLast

Thread: General PSP homebrew discussion.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by TrueLugia121 View Post
    hhhhhmmm maybe i should't've said it was straightforward but oh well.

if this hasn't helped KTiger you can always search.
    I Actually got bored and searched a few hours later and found an awesome guide on how to get there, and I understand how to do it. Not to offend you or anything. I really appreciate your help

I don't like the idea of meddling with official sony firmware... so yeah ima used the guide I found. which by the way is this one.

Thanks
    EP Points

is there any way besides the "connection settings" thingy on the psp menu to reduce the lag you get on psp when using remote play?

Thanks

ereagh i just gotta know is it really safe to update from 3.80 M33-5 to 3.90 M33-2? just in case.

Thanks
    EP Points

ereagh i just gotta know is it really safe to update from 3.80 M33-5 to 3.90 M33-2? just in case.
    I did, just update to 3.90 M33-1 and run network update
    I am so ninja, I fart in your cereal while you are still eating it.

Hax'd:
    PS3 Slim OFW
    PS4 OFW
    Nintendo Wii U 32GB Black Premium

Thanks

ey i heard rumors that Sony thinks that Firmware 4.00 is the most hacker proof firmware they've ever released. you guys think this rumor just entices the hackers to hack this firmware? or would it really be the next step into stopping the homebrew scene and puts an end to the hackers finally (which in Sony's case is never happening)?

personally what i think is Sony just keeps on releasing this firmware to get hacked again don't you guys agree? i mean there really is no such thing as hacker proof anything is there? Sony's just spreading the message that they fully respect and support homebrew with the release of 4.00 don't you guys think? i mean they're just at the point where they'll either have to hire the hackers or not bother with PSP Protection altogether and just give themselves up.

Thanks
    EP Points

Sony is trying to prevent hackers from hacking the PSP because you can easily play copied PSP games on a hacked PSP. This they do not want because it results in lost sales and lost royalties.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Sony is trying to prevent hackers from hacking the PSP because you can easily play copied PSP games on a hacked PSP. This they do not want because it results in lost sales and lost royalties.
    yeah, don't you think, Josh, that Sony's already wasted enough time, money, resources and their pathetically scrambled brains on 3.90 already but? why bother wasting anymore on 4.00, Sony, when you guys know it's about to get hacked? maybe there might not be an answer to that question but this is just my theory.
    and sorry if i've sounded awkward there.

EDIT: and to make a point about Sony losing sales, i agree about the loyalties bit, but Sony didn't loose any sales at all according to another forums thread i visited about the same issue. the reason why Sony's PSP sales have blown the roof off is the ability to hack the console. it's no wonder alotta people around the globe keeps on buying the PSP. most people "might" agree when i say Sony is at full respect for homebrew and piracy. but then some people "might not". it all depends on their taste in gaming.
    Last edited by TrueLugia121; 16th-February-2008 at 02:28.

Thanks
    EP Points

Sony isnt losing money ever. ITs fueled by greed to stop homebrew b/c they wanna make a million on every copy sold is what ii comes down too. They act like 3 hummers, a mansion and a full penthouse ain't enough? Shit, I'd settle for just one hummer. It can be used, slightly damaged, and an old model H1 for all I care.

They should just let it be actually, they are making assloads from just selling the consoles. At the expense of 8 yr old chinese kids...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ktiger41 View Post
    Sony isnt losing money ever. ITs fueled by greed to stop homebrew b/c they wanna make a million on every copy sold is what ii comes down too. They act like 3 hummers, a mansion and a full penthouse ain't enough? Shit, I'd settle for just one hummer. It can be used, slightly damaged, and an old model H1 for all I care.

They should just let it be actually, they are making assloads from just selling the consoles. At the expense of 8 yr old chinese kids...
    you hit the nail right on the head there KTiger41. Sony actually needs to let homebrew be indeed.

Thanks
    EP Points

In fact all the consoles should <<;; especially Microsoft. Those greedy bastards earn enough without the Xbox console series, then they force us to pay for a subscription. Microsoft is the ultimate greed company! Say what you want but it's the fucking truth.

Hax'd:
    PS3 Slim OFW
    PS4 OFW

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Guys, this is not about selling PSP consoles, it's about selling software. Good games will make people buy the console, that's what Sony wants to do by preventing hackers from hacking the PSP, they want to sell consoles AND games. I'm sure the 3rd party developers would appreciate it cos homebrew is not the same that pirating games...

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    Guys, this is not about selling PSP consoles, it's about selling software. Good games will make people buy the console, that's what Sony wants to do by preventing hackers from hacking the PSP, they want to sell consoles AND games. I'm sure the 3rd party developers would appreciate it cos homebrew is not the same that pirating games...
    Exactly. If the games don't sale, then developers don't make the games. When developers don't make the games, you can't sell the console. It comes around full circle.

Quote Originally Posted by Rage View Post
    In fact all the consoles should <<;; especially Microsoft. Those greedy bastards earn enough without the Xbox console series, then they force us to pay for a subscription. Microsoft is the ultimate greed company! Say what you want but it's the fucking truth.
    They don't even let developers release free stuff outside of a demo. Epic tried to release free Gears of War maps, and Microsoft wouldn't let them.

Thanks
    EP Points

because again. Microsoft wants to suck out as much as money as they can from the most smallest things. I mean I had 1 month of gold for free, yay fun... but after you lose it it really shows how limited you are. YOu cant play online, you hardly get new stuff right away and most of all. The biggest most horrible disgusting greedy move Microsoft has ever done is.... You need Gold Subscription to send a message to a friend. a fucking message?! Can you believe that?!!! Someone should fucking sue them and forcing them to kill off Xbox Live subscriptions!!

Hax'd:
    PS3 Slim OFW
    PS4 OFW

Thanks

am i hearing this correctly Josh? if Sony doesn't sell games they don't sell the console? erm i don't mean to twist your undies or anything but they've already sold around about 1.4 million PSP Consoles world wide and about 2 billion units of software. well maybe thats what's in my mind but i'm not a financial dealer or anything. but, and i'm pretty sure i can get my testicles fried fer saying this , but alot of those people buy a PSP console because of homebrew.

i really didn't know this back when i bought my first PSP console way back when i was at school. i was officially supporting Sony's official firmware up until mid January when i spent some money getting my PSP Slim & Lite fitted with 3.71 M33-4. now i could only wish Dark-Alex and the M33 team get this rumored-to-be-released firmware 4.00 hacked.

oh btw Josh i like your point about Microsoft trying to smoke money outta Epic's maps, but i hear rumors going about that Microsoft and their XBOX console have nothing to do with the homebrew industry. or maybe that's just me.

Cookie i know you're an Administrator and i agree to the point you made above ban me if you want to if i'm trying to get a few of your points straighten up.

it's about selling software
    erm i belive the firmware has been given out either fer free via Wi-Fi downloads on pre-installed when you order a new PSP Console so i don't think they're actually selling firmware

Good games will make people buy the console, that's what Sony wants to do by preventing hackers from hacking the PSP.
    yeah. that IS true however i've heard on a news podcast that Sony's Playstation 3 Console outsold Nintendo's Wii. i'm guessing that's roughly the same number of PSP Consoles sold worldwide. yes it might be the case of Sony tryna stop hackers from bringing us homebrew and the ability to play PSOne titles on the PSP. but in my mind it's because of homebrew that that number of people bout a PSP Handheld. so Sony must either, if they're really about to release 4.00, get that firmware's security up to it's almighty highest or give up and higher the hackers because if there's more people buying PSP Consoles out there the more there's gonna be more people wanting to enjoy homebrew.

they want to sell consoles AND games.
    can i point out that because alot of people enjoying homebrew like i mentioned above, Sony's UMD Game sales haven't been up to the highest lately? mainly due to piracy and the ability to download PSP CSOs and play them on their memory stick. that's why they've been concentrating on putting too much emphasis on getting their security up and not enough on developing video games. if only they concentrated enough on video game development then the PSP Games lineup should be selling alot more better.
    Last edited by TrueLugia121; 17th-February-2008 at 16:10.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Cookie i know you're an Administrator and i agree to the point you made above ban me if you want to if i'm trying to get a few of your points straighten up.
    LOL none is going to ban you for disagreeing with a comment posted by me no worries cos you are entitled to your opinion and you are free to make it public by posting it here

erm i belive the firmware has been given out either fer free via Wi-Fi downloads on pre-installed when you order a new PSP Console so i don't think they're actually selling firmware
    When I said software I was talking about games, not FWs who'd pay for that?

can i point out that because alot of people enjoying homebrew like i mentioned above, Sony's UMD Game sales haven't been up to the highest lately? mainly due to piracy and the ability to download PSP CSOs and play them on their memory stick. that's why they've been concentrating on putting too much emphasis on getting their security up and not enough on developing video games. if only they concentrated enough on video game development then the PSP Games lineup should be selling alot more better.
    The people developing the FWs are not the same people making the games, so it's not that they are focusing in one of other thing, it's different developing groups working on different softwares, ones to protect their business and others to make you enjoy your acquired hardware.
    It's not that they don't want us to use homebrew (emulators for old consoles and homebrew apps and games) they want to sell more PSP (and PSX) games, so keeping that in mind, protecting their console from being easily hacked is a right step. And believe me, I'm all for homebrew, but that doesn't mean that I can't understand why they do what they do to protect themselves from piracy, even when they fail at it and what they design is not effective.