Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: General PSP homebrew discussion.

Thanks
    EP Points

I just use the network update now =3 no need to constantly take out my memory stick or usb plug my psp.
    I am so ninja, I fart in your cereal while you are still eating it.

Hax'd:
    PS3 Slim OFW
    PS4 OFW
    Nintendo Wii U 32GB Black Premium

Thanks

Okay, I'm a fuckwit. I've completely forgotten what I do with ISO/CSO files (as I've only been using PSX .PBP files lately) Anyone care to refresh my memory? Every time I put Tony Hawks Project 8 in the PSP=>Game folder it doesn't show.

O WAIIIT! I figured it out I was putting them in the ISO folder (after browsing a few forums), but realised it had to be in that folder alone, not in a folder within a folder. Y'see?

Case dismissed

Thanks

erm guys if i'm allowed to speak i just saw on that dark-alex.org site that 3.90 M-33 just got released. any ideas as to how that happened?

Thanks
    EP Points

he's just great like that. FW 3.90 was just released a little bit ago or something like that, he just got to if fast.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by TrueLugia121 View Post
    erm guys if i'm allowed to speak i just saw on that dark-alex.org site that 3.90 M-33 just got released. any ideas as to how that happened?
    It happens like in a vowel
    I Dark-Alex that PSP
    He Dark-AleX'd that PSP
    She Dark-AleX'd that PSP
    We Dark-AleX'd those PSPs
    I am so ninja, I fart in your cereal while you are still eating it.

Hax'd:
    PS3 Slim OFW
    PS4 OFW
    Nintendo Wii U 32GB Black Premium

Thanks
    EP Points

I'm still runing 3.52-M33. Time to upgrade!

Thanks

I'm still running 3.52M33 too. Can I run 1.50 homebrew if I upgrade?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by maca View Post
    I'm still running 3.52M33 too. Can I run 1.50 homebrew if I upgrade?
    I believe you just need to set your Kernal to 1.50 in the Recovery menu and all is set.

I cant be arsed upgrading tbh, I'm at 3.80-5 and, as I don't have a PS3, I can't see myself benefiting from it

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by SA-X View Post
    I believe you just need to set your Kernal to 1.50 in the Recovery menu and all is set.

I cant be arsed upgrading tbh, I'm at 3.80-5 and, as I don't have a PS3, I can't see myself benefiting from it
    I have a PS3, so remote play is important to me. I was just so busy with last semester and the holidays, and injuries in the family, that I never got to play my PSP much. There are also a few PSP games that I need to buy as well.

Thanks
    EP Points

Damn. Long time no see in this thread guys. lol. Anyway I read all 20 pages, yeah I had time. So it seems since my last post in the thread tosn has happened but mainly I needs some info on some things.

1.) I'm hearing some things about a kernel 2.0 is this a problem on a fat PSP. And are developers and homebrew makers strictly making 2.0 kernel stuff now or are they still catering to us guys with fat systems?

2.) I have a fat PSP with Dark Alex's 3.40 OE-A. if I upgrade to the latest 3.80 M33-5 update will I still retain all my features and compatiblity?

3.) Compatibility is a crucial issue for me. I wanna be able to take and do everything to the max on my PSP. That means:

3.1) PSP game compatibility
    3.2) PSone game compatibility
    3.3) Having the themes the official Sony FW came with (yall know the 12 color backgrounds
    3.4) not a big fan of different XMB's but would like to know if I can do that.
    3.5) Emulators, can I still run roms efficiently?
    3.6) Can I still sue wallapapers as backgrounds instead of themes?

4.) Can I still get online play or has sony sniffed that pout by now?

5.) Where can I find a screenshot application?

6.) read about no-UMD mode, is it truly safe on the 3.80 M33-5 FW.

In reference to points 3.1 and 3.2 above I read in this thread that newer versions of M33 have compatibility issues running certain games that 3.40 OE-A can run. This bothers me and I feel crippled if this is the case. Has this finally been fixed for sure?

Long post I know, but I've been away from EP for like a semester and 2 weeks. It's been an excruciating leave, but I want to get back on the bandwagon. Anyone care to bring me up to speed?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ktiger41 View Post
    6.) read about no-UMD mode, is it truly safe on the 3.80 M33-5 FW?
    Ktiger i'm also on 3.80 M33-5 and yeah stupid (not to insult you or anything sorry pal ) this custom firmware has 100% with PSP ISOs and CSOs. i'm running NBA Live 07 that i recently converted to CSO and it works crispy clear, although most CSO and ISO image PSP games don't necessarily work that well.

2.) I have a fat PSP with Dark Alex's 3.40 OE-A. if I upgrade to the latest 3.80 M33-5 update will I still retain all my features and compatibility

there's a brand new latest thati mentioned on another post before this one , Ktiger, and that's 3.90 M33.
    it'll work like a gem i'm tellin ya, even though i haven't decided yet on whether or not i should upgrade it to that. i've never heard of 3.40 OE-A back before and i never heard of homebrew either. but i can tell you that you'll retain those features lke 100% no-UMD compatibility and all that. really good i tell ya. i've only had it for lie short 6 days and yet it works crispy clear.

3.) Compatibility is a crucial issue for me. I wanna be able to take and do everything to the max on my PSP.

and as i've mentioned above you can. and that's a promise. i've never had one iota of a problem with 3.80 M33-5 ever since i got it and i think i'm gonna stick to it for about a month or so.

In reference to points 3.1 and 3.2 above I read in this thread that newer versions of M33 have compatibility issues running certain games that 3.40 OE-A can run. This bothers me and I feel crippled if this is the case. Has this finally been fixed for sure?

can't say fer sure sorry. like i said above i didn't know about 3.40 OE-A up until now so you might have to check that one up.
    Last edited by TrueLugia121; 2nd-February-2008 at 10:53.

Thanks
    EP Points

is there a way i can use my ps3 as a wireless access point so i can connect to the internet through my psp? i sure cant figure out how to do it.

i always thought there was a way, but i might just be losing my marbles.

Thanks
    EP Points

I don't think you can do that. You can remote play to your PS3 and then browse the internet using the PS3 browser, but I believe that's all you can do.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by MondayHopscotch View Post
    is there a way i can use my ps3 as a wireless access point so i can connect to the internet through my psp? i sure cant figure out how to do it.

i always thought there was a way, but i might just be losing my marbles.
    I think you'll have to use your base home wireless connection. I don't think the PS3 is capable of re routing the signal to your PSP. Then again, I don't have a PS3 to test it out.

-- NINJA EDIT --

Yo guys, I think I going to need a guide to show me how to upgrade from 3.40 OE-A to 3.80 ME33-5. anyone got a link?
    Last edited by Ktiger41; 3rd-February-2008 at 16:13.

Thanks

I think you'll have to use your base home wireless connection. I don't think the PS3 is capable of re routing the signal to your PSP. Then again, I don't have a PS3 to test it out.

-- NINJA EDIT --

Yo guys, I think I going to need a guide to show me how to upgrade from 3.40 OE-A to 3.80 ME33-5. anyone got a link?
    pretty straightforward really.

1. Download the 3.80 official firmware update from somewhere.
    2. 3.80 M33 from Dark-Alex.org
    3. connect your PSP via USB
    4. put the UPDATE Folder in your PSP/GAME Directory in your PSP.
    5. rename the official 3.80 firmware to 380.pbp and place it in the UPDATE folder in your PSP/GAME directory.
    6. do the update like you're updating official firmware and you'll get 3.60 M33

to update that to 3.80 M33-5

1. download that update from dark-alex.org
    2. put the update folder to PSP/Game
    3. run the update and voila. 3.80 M33-5 is yours to enjoy.

hhhhhmmm maybe i should't've said it was straightforward but oh well.
    if this hasn't helped KTiger you can always search.