Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: General PSP homebrew discussion.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by snkupo View Post
    You will have to use an application called POPSTATION (there are many GUIs for it too) and then convert the ISO of a game into another format readable by the emulator on PSP. The emulator was developed by Sony themselves but has been cracked by the scene. The emulator is included in Dark Alex firmware.
    AWESOME!!! So, to install this Dark Alex Firmware, which PSP firmware should I get ? Aka, I still have to buy my PSP and its gonna take me at least a month and am going to buy one from the local Grey Markets (Smuggled Stuff) here in my area but nothing to worry about. The guy am going to buy my PSP from is a really good guy and knows me very well Also, he'll let me choose from all the PSPs that he might have at that point in time and let me decide which one I'll get. Of course, he'll let me open the boxes and check out the PSPs personally, so that resolves the TA-82 problem for me as I'll be opening up the PSP's UMD drive and will look for those numbers on the mobo

Now, what I want to know is, which firmware PSP should I get so I can then later on convert it to Dark Alex'es firmware

Thanx in Advance

| LG OLED G1 65-Inch | Ryzen 5 5600x @ 4.75Ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming | Zotac RTX 3080 Ti Amp Extreme Holo 12GB GDDR6X | WD Black SN850 1TB | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 16 GB DDR4 3600 MHz | Lian Li Galahad 240 AIO | ASUS ROG Strix 850W Gold | Xbox One Wireless Controller | Nintendo Switch (Atmosphere) |

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by snkupo View Post
    For now, you're out of luck. Be patient and keep your hopes up for later.
    I forgot to mention that I have one of the newer PSP's that come with the new motherboard. It comes with 3.02 installed. So, I'm guessing I was screwed from the beginning? I was wondering also if anybody has a 2.71 or lower that they can trade me, it would be a big help.
    ^There was my ten cents 'cause my two cents is free.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE ANTI-CENA BATTALION!

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Kazekage Gaara View Post
    In other words, can I load up images or ISOs of PSone games that I ACTUALLY OWN ON ACTUAL DISCS on a PSP and play em ???
    You can indeed, as long as they're NTSC games. PAL stuff is kinda glitchy at the moment but it'll hopefully be sorted out in a future release.

As snkupo said, the program you need is Popstation, but it's command line based. The PSX2PSP program I mentioned is an easy to use frontend for it. You'll also need a copy of Hot Shots Golf from the PS3 store. If don't have a PS3 you'll have to acquire it through *ahem* alternative methods. You're on your own for that, I'm afraid. All I can tell you is that the release name is "Hot_Shots_Golf_2_USA_READNFO_PSX_For_PSP-DMU". There are alternatives floating around but I'm not entirely sure on their legality. I'll do some research and if they seem OK I'll most likely post them here.
    Last edited by Cosmic; 17th-January-2007 at 18:25.

Thanks

No problem. I am very well versed in those "alternative methods" that you talk about.

About the other question of mine, which is the latest PSP firmware that has been cracked or which PSP should I get with which firmware to be able to load up Dark Alex's firmware ? so that I don't need to wait like other people

| LG OLED G1 65-Inch | Ryzen 5 5600x @ 4.75Ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming | Zotac RTX 3080 Ti Amp Extreme Holo 12GB GDDR6X | WD Black SN850 1TB | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 16 GB DDR4 3600 MHz | Lian Li Galahad 240 AIO | ASUS ROG Strix 850W Gold | Xbox One Wireless Controller | Nintendo Switch (Atmosphere) |

Thanks

so that resolves the TA-82 problem for me as I'll be opening up the PSP's UMD drive and will look for those numbers on the mobo
    that is no longer a problem as TA-82 motherboards are fully downgradeable so you don't have to worry about that anymore

Thanks
    EP Points

About the other question of mine, which is the latest PSP firmware that has been cracked or which PSP should I get with which firmware to be able to load up Dark Alex's firmware ? so that I don't need to wait like other people
    If I remember correctly, the most recent firmware that you can successfully downgrade is 2.71.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jehuty View Post
    that is no longer a problem as TA-82 motherboards are fully downgradeable so you don't have to worry about that anymore
    Wow...thats great news Damn man, am gonna go crazy with all this great news on PSP homebrew

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic View Post
    If I remember correctly, the most recent firmware that you can successfully downgrade is 2.71.
    Hmm....so now that I don't need to worry about those TA-82 mobo's anymore, all I need to do is to make sure is that I get a PSP with firmware 2.71 or lower to be able to go homebrew asap Although I know the latest firmware will, nevertheless, be hacked, etc, etc.

Thanx for all the help guys....REPPAGE TIME
    Last edited by Kazekage Gaara; 17th-January-2007 at 18:54.

Thanks
    EP Points

Glad to help, and good luck with your venture into the homebrew PSP world : The system has really gone from good to absolutely great in short time.

Thanks

My question is how can you crack the new TA-80 motherboards when Sony is putting Firmware 3.02 in the new PSP's? Thankfully, a friend works at a game store and will see if he can give me a lower firmware PSP for my higher one. BTW, correct me if I'm wrong but, is 2.71 the highest firmware you can go if you wish to downgrade? I want to install the Dark Alex 3.03OE A firmware. Do I need to downgrade from 2.71 to 1.50 or can I install the Dark Alex firmware from my standard 2.71 firmware? I want to make sure before I go tomorrow.
    ^There was my ten cents 'cause my two cents is free.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE ANTI-CENA BATTALION!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic View Post
    2.80 is the highest downgrade-able firmware now.

On aside not, do any of you guys use XFlash to customize your PSP?
    My PSP feels more like my own now that it has custom icons, font, gameboot, etc.

Thanks

So, I read all the posts here and it has rekindled my interests in PSP homebrewing. I just need to know if there would be a problem going from firmware 2.60 to Dark_Alex's fantastic 3.02OEB if I have the dreaded TA-082 motherboard, which I do. If so, what is the full process so that I don't slip up and cause my PSP to be a part of my house's siding.

I've already bricked one PSP trying to change firmware (tried to downgrade to 1.5 on TA-082 Motherboard without knowing I had one) and would really not like to do it once more.

Thanks
    My list is very low ATM, had to format... lost many good games... *sniffles*

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bokken View Post
    So, I read all the posts here and it has rekindled my interests in PSP homebrewing. I just need to know if there would be a problem going from firmware 2.60 to Dark_Alex's fantastic 3.02OEB if I have the dreaded TA-082 motherboard, which I do. If so, what is the full process so that I don't slip up and cause my PSP to be a part of my house's siding.

I've already bricked one PSP trying to change firmware (tried to downgrade to 1.5 on TA-082 Motherboard without knowing I had one) and would really not like to do it once more.

Thanks
    http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/about32989.html
    There you go.
    That forum also has useful info on other homebrew stuff.
    Just make sure you pick the right one and read the readme it comes with. Good Luck with the downgrade.
    Last edited by fhqwgad; 18th-January-2007 at 07:16.

Thanks

Ok, Im a little new on this downgrading for the PSP and all that. I have a 2.71 firmware with the TA-082 (IC1003) motherboard and I was waiting for it that it could be downgradable. I saw yesterday on psp-hacks site that it now could actually be drowngraded to v1.50. So my question is.... If I can successfuly (I hope) downgrade it to 1.50, does it allow me to upgrade it to any firmware like the new 3.02OE custom? Or is it going to brick if I do so? Any help would be truly appreciated!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

As far as I know, once you use the right downgrader according to your mobo/firmware, you can upgrade to any firmware.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Seraph Radiance View Post
    Ok, Im a little new on this downgrading for the PSP and all that. I have a 2.71 firmware with the TA-082 (IC1003) motherboard and I was waiting for it that it could be downgradable. I saw yesterday on psp-hacks site that it now could actually be drowngraded to v1.50. So my question is.... If I can successfuly (I hope) downgrade it to 1.50, does it allow me to upgrade it to any firmware like the new 3.02OE custom? Or is it going to brick if I do so? Any help would be truly appreciated!
    You will be able to upgrade to any firmware (higher than 1.50) after downgrading to 1.50.