Thread: weird problem with FF8 - disc 2

Thanks

Default weird problem with FF8 - disc 2

straight to the point: i was playing ff8, and it was actually fun. until i get to a certain part of the game that you have to make balamb garden fly, or else it's gonna be exploded by galbadian missiles. well, the garden was already flying beautifully when cid asked squall to go "check on the others".

the thing is... there is a cg scene outside, when the group watch the garden flying over the ground, and birds all around, stuff like that; but when i get to control the characters once again, they simply can't enter the garden.. it's like.. the door refuses to open. and this is like the end of the story for these brave heroes. a door didn't let them save the world.

i generally use epsxe 1.60, but i already tried epsxe 1.52. besides, it doesn't seem like a problem with the emulator (a door that doesn't open is not much like a graphyc failure). has anyone passed through this sad experience before? somebody must do something, or squall, rinoa and zell will be trapped outside balamb garden forever.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

I've heard of this problem before, but unfortunately I can't recall if it was fixable or not SegNin?

Anyways, you could try to pass that point with a different emulator like PSXeven (http://batard.psxfanatics.com/). It will let you use your epsxe save states.
    As a general recommendation, use epsxe 1.52 for square games.

Thanks

Try using pSX 1.10. I've never heard about this problem before but perhaps this emulator can help as it seems to be able to do several things that other emulators can't.
    Haldrie's World
    (My official web site.)

My YouTube Channel

Inside of a Final Fantasy NES cartridge...
    Thanks
    EP Points

This is a known rare glitch that happens with FF8 in ePSXe.

I remember someone asking for help here with that same problem
    But it would seem that thread was lost with the recent forum rollback, and all I remember is that he got his friend to use the debugger to get him past that scene.

But he didn't say how his friend did it.

I did find this old thread that recommended switching to CVGS to get past that scene:
    http://www.epforums.org/questions-re...Fantasy+garden

Maybe switching to PSXeven or pSXfin, like Cookie Monster & Haldrie suggested, will work too.

Get pSXfin 1.10 from here:
    http://psxemulator.gazaxian.com/

Go to ePSXe's memcards folder and copy epsxe000.mcr or epsxe001.mcr (whichever one has your last FF8 save) to pSXfin's cards folder.

Then open pSXfin, and go to File > Comfiguration > Memory Cards tab > click the square button > and choose the .mcr file.

You should now be able to continue from your last memcard save.
    Last edited by SegNin; 16th-January-2007 at 07:21.

Thanks

whoa! worked perfectly fine with psxfin 1.10. besides, it seems like a very good emulator (scenarios look better than with epsxe.. at least here).

thank you very much, problem solved. i'm already using epsxe 1.52, as recommended.