Thread: BOR issues

Thanks

Default BOR issues

Once again, here I am with more problems. I downloaded a BOR mod and burned it, yadda yadda, and it works fine up until the point when i actually PLAY the game, at which point half the game screen decides that the top of the screen is the middle of my TV. This simply will not do, so if anyone has any advice, please say so.

Thanks, see ya

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by TheRedComet View Post
    Once again, here I am with more problems. I downloaded a BOR mod and burned it, yadda yadda, and it works fine up until the point when i actually PLAY the game, at which point half the game screen decides that the top of the screen is the middle of my TV. This simply will not do, so if anyone has any advice, please say so.

Thanks, see ya
    Does your TV support the video signal the game is made for? Maybe the game is PAL and you have a TV that does not support it?

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Have you tested other BOR mods or just the one, not all mods are complete and some do not work correctly with certain ports (Dreamcast Port included)

http://www.dchelp.net/index.php?id=bor
    Last edited by Zorlon; 15th-January-2007 at 09:30.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Inside of a Final Fantasy NES cartridge...
    Thanks
    EP Points

You can find more mods, and the PC port of Beats of Rage here:
    http://www.borgeneration.com/

Thanks

Default Yet more issues.

Well, I got it to work, and all it took was resetting once and trying again.

But now the problem lies with the fact that it doesn't read some of the games. Last time I checked they made all the BOR games self-booting, and the MvC2 game I got and burned won't read even if I use the Utopia disk. It's not the latest version though, so maybe that has somethin' to do with it... Any ideas?

Thanks
    EP Points

Utopia disc's not needed unless the game's non-selfboot. All games can be selfbooted, but might require a larger sized CDR (90 minute)

Thanks

Yeah, I was pretty sure they were all selfboot but I still just get taken to the menu screen. Any technical issues you can think of? I used the Nero version, if that tells you anything

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Nero version ????

Nero 6 plus has issues with some Dreamcast CD images, Nero 5.5.x is the best all round version of Nero to use.

Discjuggler is the best free option you can use for burning dreamcast CD images, if it runs ok on your PC, personly never had it fail on me.

P.S. could of been a bad cd image to start with.

With BOR you can make your own selfbooting CD images though aswell

SBInducer files main site has a good tutorial there for SBInducer if you need it
    SBInducer install pack
    BOR main files
    Find your own BOR mod files and add them the way you are instructed to in the BOR readme from the inducer version
    Last edited by Zorlon; 25th-January-2007 at 10:42.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

I was using 6.6, but I'm gonna give it a shot on 5.5... you don't happen to know how to "Un-Nero" a file incase it doesn't work, do you?

Inside of a Final Fantasy NES cartridge...
    Thanks
    EP Points

Maybe this could work...

Mount the .nrg to Daemon Tools then rip the mounted image as a dual-session image using Alcohol or DiscJuggler.

Here's a guide to using Daemon Tools:
    http://www.epforums.org/cd-image-mou...438/index.html

And we had a guide for DiscJuggler, but I think we lost it in the roll-back.