Page 7 of 204 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121757107 ... LastLast

Thread: Recently Watched Movies

Thanks

I saw the director's cut of Kingdom of Heaven. It's so much better than the theatrical release; there's all sorts of relevant and emotional material that was cut out.

I cannot begin to describe the horrors of High School Musical, which I was forced to watch. Only by going into a stupor was I able to avoid killing myself.
    "If my doctor told me I had six minutes to live, I wouldn't brood. I'd type a little faster."
    -Isaac Asimov

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by strongbad View Post
    Jet Li's Unleashed, trumps all Jackie Chan movies.
    That movie was KICK ASS. Tony Ja's movies aren't bad. I liked Ong Bak.

Quote Originally Posted by NosRedna View Post
    I saw the director's cut of Kingdom of Heaven. It's so much better than the theatrical release; there's all sorts of relevant and emotional material that was cut out.

I cannot begin to describe the horrors of High School Musical, which I was forced to watch. Only by going into a stupor was I able to avoid killing myself.
    I actually didn't think High School Musical wasn't that bad. I had the option the change the channel but I was at someones house and didn't want to appear rude.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Lucxus View Post
    I shaved my pubic hair fully off a couple weeks back. Not something I want to experience again. I mean, the first day or two were alright, but when it started to grow back it was bullshit.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by NosRedna View Post

I didn't have the chance to see the original release to compare them, but yeah, Scott is one of my favs directors and watching that cut was a very enjoyable experience.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    I didn't have the chance to see the original release to compare them
    The theatrical release cut out tons of stuff - the biggest thing missing is the entire plot about Sibylla's kid. I don't really understand why it was cut. Time issues, maybe?
    "If my doctor told me I had six minutes to live, I wouldn't brood. I'd type a little faster."
    -Isaac Asimov

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Finally, I went to watch Ghost Rider yesterday night.

First let me say that watching the spirit of vengeance on the big screen is a sight for sore eyes, he and his paraphernalia are very well recreated. The Ghost Rider is not a comic for the masses, although the character reached high quotas of popularity in the 90s, a movie like this would have been almost unthinkable 10-12 years ago.
    That's why it's a pleasure to watch it even with the dowsides, mainly a histrionic Cage, not convincing at all, no matter how much he likes the character. ANY other unknown actor, even the young Blaze at the beginning, would have done it much better.
    The result would have been more satisfying without lame jokes, less nonsensical fire and with a darker atmosphere tho. Personally, I don't think they should have make a terror movie, but the jokes are almost all not funny and out of place.

At any rate, it's spectacular and highly recommended for Marvel fans

Thanks

Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb.

This movie was decent, but it doesn't deserve the #19 movie of all time spot on the IMDB.com website......But hey, they have the Lord of the Rings movies rated pretty high, so what could you expect?
    "Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy." -Frank Sinatra

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kosmo Yagkoto View Post
    Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb.

This movie was decent, but it doesn't deserve the #19 movie of all time spot on the IMDB.com website......But hey, they have the Lord of the Rings movies rated pretty high, so what could you expect?
    "Gentlemen, stop fighting! This is the war room!"

I just saw Star Wait, a documentary on the fans who waited in line for weeks for Attack of the Clones. It was very enjoyable, and I felt like less of a geek afterwards.
    -Isaac Asimov

Thanks

Ghost Rider... should've been better

Tenacious The Pick Of Destiny...awesome movie
    Stranger Than Fiction... pretty good movie
    Ichi The Killer... japanese gore movie...freekin awesome

Mikey_ Guest

Saw Dead Mary late last night. It had some scary moments, it's just, the whole Dead Mary thing is too similar to the Candy Man legend. Still, decent movie. I didn't expect too much out of it originally.

Mikey_ Guest

I just saw Happy Feet. Great movie. Robin Williams is pretty good in it, and those small baby penguins were an overdose of cuteness. Almost two hours also. That's like, unheard of in the animated/kids movies lately.

Thanks

American Beauty. Go see it. Like now.
    "Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy." -Frank Sinatra

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kosmo Yagkoto View Post
    American Beauty. Go see it. Like now.
    I told you to watch that like 6 months ago bitch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprung View Post
    You guy are welcome anytime We have bowling and Steak & Shake. Bring beer. I like beer.

I'm in ur head, raping ur cerebral cortex
    Thanks

I just watched Tomcats, good movie, funny at times.

Thanks

I saw American Yakuza today. I liked it a lot, but the ending was kinda lacking.
    -Isaac Asimov

Thanks

ZODI muthafusking AC!

They movie made me wanna kill someone, and get away with it, inteeligne futher fucker, great movie, scared the shit outta me, I was lll dreaming I wanna solve the real life killer's last 2 uncracked codes! GO SEE IT IT'S FRIGGIN GREAT!

Quote Originally Posted by The Joker
    I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you, stranger!
    The Demon who makes Trophies of Men