Page 58 of 204 FirstFirst ... 848535455565758596061626368108158 ... LastLast

Thread: Recently Watched Movies

It's not where you are, but where you've been that matters
    Thanks

The Faculty, a movie I liked when I was younger. It was ok I guess.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Van Helsing & London Assignment. Awesome .

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.

Thanks
    EP Points

The Last Exorcism. Though it was really good! And holy fucking shit, that ending. Totally didn't see it coming.

Edit, because I have some additional thoughts. There will be possible spoilers, but I'll try not to write anything too specific.

Spoiler warning:

Anyway, I liked the fact that they kept the whole thing -whether the chick's really posessed or not- pretty ambiguous until the very end. You're pretty much forced to keep guessing and questioning things until the very end, and I think it's pretty awesome when a movie can maintain such an atmosphere of creepiness and uncertainty. Especially when you start thinking about minor things that happened earlier in the movie and seemed insignificant, but made sense by the end.

As for the ending - as I've said, I did not see it coming. When the main character finds out that the chick is pregnant, I thought I figured out where this movie was going. Then came the 'blowing job' scene and for a second time, I pretty much went "ah, okay, so that's the twist ending". I thought I had the movie figured out, but then the real ending happened and I was genuinely shocked and surprised. I mean, holy shit.

Bottom line, I thought it was a cleverly done film, although I wouldn't recommend it to people who thought Paranormal Activity was boring. It has some gore, but relies more on atmosphere and storytelling than visuals.
    Last edited by Gare; 31st-December-2010 at 22:42.

Jackhammer is offline Administrator
    Stroke The Goat
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,269 Times in 270 Posts
    EP Points

Full Metal Jacket.

Thanks

The Last Airbender. A well meaning but woefully uninformed relative gave it as a present, so as a lesson in research I invited her to watch it with me. I then gave her a list I wrote up of all the oddities and inexplicable changes in it.
    On a happier note, The Seven Samurai and Death Note.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Re-Cycle

It's some funky stuff. I need to watch Forest of Death but the only copy I found had Russian dubs right over the Chinese .

Thanks
    EP Points

Paranormal Activity 2. I liked it, but it's not as good as the first one. The ending was cool, though, because it explained stuff that wasn't really explained in the first one. For example,
    Spoiler warning:
    why the chick from the first movie was being posessed/haunted, and also what happened after she killed her boyfriend. In other words, it's made clear what the demon's goal was in both films. It's really cliché, though. Then again, it's a fucking demon, what else could it want other than the soul of your firstborn child?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    The Last Exorcism. Though it was really good! And holy fucking shit, that ending. Totally didn't see it coming.

Edit, because I have some additional thoughts. There will be possible spoilers, but I'll try not to write anything too specific.

Spoiler warning:

Anyway, I liked the fact that they kept the whole thing -whether the chick's really posessed or not- pretty ambiguous until the very end. You're pretty much forced to keep guessing and questioning things until the very end, and I think it's pretty awesome when a movie can maintain such an atmosphere of creepiness and uncertainty. Especially when you start thinking about minor things that happened earlier in the movie and seemed insignificant, but made sense by the end.

As for the ending - as I've said, I did not see it coming. When the main character finds out that the chick is pregnant, I thought I figured out where this movie was going. Then came the 'blowing job' scene and for a second time, I pretty much went "ah, okay, so that's the twist ending". I thought I had the movie figured out, but then the real ending happened and I was genuinely shocked and surprised. I mean, holy shit.

Bottom line, I thought it was a cleverly done film, although I wouldn't recommend it to people who thought Paranormal Activity was boring. It has some gore, but relies more on atmosphere and storytelling than visuals.
    I had a hunch when I saw the gentle, fat little lady at the church. Those are always fucking evil and super strong bitches.

Thanks
    EP Points

Indeed.

Also, Hot Fuzz wants its ending back. FOR THE GREATER GOOD.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    Indeed.

Also, Hot Fuzz wants its ending back. FOR THE GREATER GOOD.
    Hilarious movie.

Thanks

I finely got to see Iron Man 2, I thought it sucked. Everything was there but some things were left dull. I feel they tried to introduce to many new characters in one movie HAMMER, War Machine, Nick Fury(Great actor wrong roll) Black widow. Still the action was good and I love to see Marvel characters on the big screen.

Thanks
    EP Points

Black Swan: Great flick.
    And soon the Darkness: Meh. Typical stuff.
    Scott Pilgrim vs The World: Freakin' awesome!
    House (1986): Oh, so much cheese.
    Baby Boy: Probably my favorite of all 'ghetto' movies, next to Fresh.

Thanks

The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring. I thought it was good, but I don't think it lived up to the reviews it got. Maybe I was just expecting too much.

Thanks
    EP Points

Shutter Island. Pretty awesome flick. Excellent ending, too, though really depressing.

Thanks
    EP Points

Black Swan - Someone explain to me why this movie's supposed to be so good. I was actually really looking forward to seeing it after the great things I've heard, and while it wasn't bad, it was just... I dunno, not very interesting at all.

Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - The fight scenes were awesome, everything else sucked. I didn't let out a single chuckle during the entire movie, and it's supposed to be a comedy. It doesn't help that every time I see Michael Cera's face, I want to punch it, and that a slice of cheese has better acting skills than him.