Page 50 of 204 FirstFirst ... 40454647484950515253545560100150 ... LastLast

Thread: Recently Watched Movies

Thanks
    EP Points

I just finished watching Sweeney Todd. Pretty good, really, but I always did kind of like Tim Burton. Super-stylish, with nice performances and great music. I've never been especially keen on musicals, but I don't exactly dislike them either, and a good movie is a good movie.

It was so dark, though, even for Tim Burton, and even considering that its premise is so innately dark to begin with. Not a bad thing, mind. But I think I need to go and watch something happier now to cheer myself up~

I also watched Ged Senki, the latest Studio Ghibli film. I had been putting it off because I loved the Earthsea books when I was younger, and because Howl's Moving Castle, another Ghibli adaptation of a precious childhood memory of mine, was pretty disappointing to me. It...wasn't so bad, though. Not one of Ghibli's best, but entertaining enough, and a decent debut for Miyazaki Jr.

Oh, and it really wasn't a good adaptation. XD But I kind of expected that after Howl's Moving Castle, so it didn't end up disappointing me as much. I just tried to view it as something completely different to its source material. And enjoyed it quite a bit for what it was.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Elin View Post
    I just finished watching Sweeney Todd. Pretty good, really, but I always did kind of like Tim Burton. Super-stylish, with nice performances and great music. I've never been especially keen on musicals, but I don't exactly dislike them either, and a good movie is a good movie.

It was so dark, though, even for Tim Burton, and even considering that its premise is so innately dark to begin with. Not a bad thing, mind. But I think I need to go and watch something happier now to cheer myself up~
    Yep, another thing in common
    I watched it too and again and again... This is so brilliantly performed, I'm out of words! I love Johnny and Tim, when they work together the film or whatever is destined to succeed. And Sweeney wasn't an exeption.
    The gothic-like love story, ahhh The song Friends is still in my music player, it's so touching... Wonderful!

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Maya_Amano View Post
    Yep, another thing in common
    I watched it too and again and again... This is so brilliantly performed, I'm out of words! I love Johnny and Tim, when they work together the film or whatever is destined to succeed. And Sweeney wasn't an exeption.
    The gothic-like love story, ahhh The song Friends is still in my music player, it's so touching... Wonderful!
    Ahaha. Vagrant Story, Persona, and now this? ^_~

Spoiler warning:
    It was a lovely film, though, and I really do think Johnny Depp is a wonderful actor. I actually bought into the characters quite a bit emotionally, even though most everyone was more or less a villain. ^_~; By the end, I was actually almost rooting for a pair of people who murdered others and turned them into pies. And I think part of me really wanted a happy ending, even though I knew it could never be.

Anyway, yes, really nice. And I was so surprised to read that in the original version, Ms. Lovett was played by Angela Lansbury, the sweet, kind little lady from Bedknobs and Broomsticks and Beauty and the Beast. I...can't exactly see it. XD

Jackhammer is offline Administrator
    Stroke The Goat
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,270 Times in 270 Posts
    EP Points

Just watched the new Rambo film...Lots of blood and gore as expected, and quite graphic in some places...

First Blood is still my favourite of this franchise...

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I've been avoiding that movie like the plaque. Dunno why, 'cause I liked the other movies in the series just fine. I guess I'm sort of against the movie on principle. Stallone really needs to cut it out with the sequels to his old films.

Jackhammer is offline Administrator
    Stroke The Goat
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,270 Times in 270 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberxion View Post
    I've been avoiding that movie like the plaque. Dunno why, 'cause I liked the other movies in the series just fine. I guess I'm sort of against the movie on principle. Stallone really needs to cut it out with the sequels to his old films.
    But they are his pension fund.

As far as Rambo and Rocky go, the new Rambo is worth watching, the new Rocky was even worse than Rocky V imo...

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jackhammer View Post
    But they are his pension fund.

As far as Rambo and Rocky go, the new Rambo is worth watching, the new Rocky was even worse than Rocky V imo...
    I wonder what's next. Demolition Man 2?

Thanks
    EP Points

Watched National Treasure: Book Of Secrets, and Hitman.

Books of Secrets wasn't as good as the first National Treasure movie, but it still impressed me. And Hitman, still have yet to see a good game movie come out, but this one was decent.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Ed In Bed View Post
    Watched National Treasure: Book Of Secrets, and Hitman.

Books of Secrets wasn't as good as the first National Treasure movie, but it still impressed me. And Hitman, still have yet to see a good game movie come out, but this one was decent.
    I thought Book of Secrets was awesome.
    As good or maybe even better than the first. It had to be good, after all...it's the first time Nicholas Cage has ever done a sequel.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Sprung View Post
    I thought Book of Secrets was awesome.
    As good or maybe even better than the first. It had to be good, after all...it's the first time Nicholas Cage has ever done a sequel.
    I'd say as good, but... I dunno. It could have used a tad bit more action or edge. When they get in the mountain and find you-know-what, they immediately rushed out. I was disappointed by that. Would have enjoyed a bit more exploration.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Evans View Post
    I'd say as good, but... I dunno. It could have used a tad bit more action or edge. When they get in the mountain and find you-know-what, they immediately rushed out. I was disappointed by that. Would have enjoyed a bit more exploration.
    Thats the reason why this one wasn't as good as the first. The first one had more exploration and little more action. The only cool scene that I actually enjoyed was the
    Spoiler warning:
    car chase scene. And the exploration in the City Of Gold could have been loner.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I just watched Press Start for the fourth time since I bought it.

It's a low-budget parody fan-film that approaches videogames a bit differently than your average game-inspired movie. If you have twelve bucks and aren't adverse to low-budget fan-films, this one comes highly recommended.

Thanks
    EP Points

I just watched the new Rambo last night. Great movie. Definitely one that I will probably go back and watch.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    I just watched the new Rambo last night. Great movie. Definitely one that I will probably go back and watch.
    I watched it again on Friday night, drunk. Even better than the first time.

A must see.

Thanks

The last movie I saw was definitely a Rez HD replay, it was great.