Page 131 of 204 FirstFirst ... 3181121126127128129130131132133134135136141181 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,965 of 3048

Thread: Recently Watched Movies

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Just watched Man of Steel. Wasn't bad but I didn't like some parts. Spidey, mentioned something of this, many flight scenes are too blurry and out of focus, the fights were kinda dirty and filmed way too close to the action making it hard to understand what was going on. Also, Lois, why do you have to appear in every single fight scene? are you ubiquitous or something?.

As I said, enjoyable but I still don't know why DC/Warner insist in making all their superhero movies so serious... at this rate the Justice League movie to come is going to be like the greatest funeral ever

Quote Originally Posted by _Gambit
    Except for the seemingly total disregard Superman had for peds while plowing through restaurants and gas stations.
    It's a family thing, Jor-El doesn't really care about flying dragons either
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 2nd-July-2013 at 01:50. Reason: -,

Thanks

Had a Batman marathon, Batman Begins, The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises
    Emuparadise #1
    Playstation 2

I'll keep on trying, until my dying day.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    As, I said, enjoyable but I still don't know why DC/Warner insist in making all their superhero movies so serious... at this rate the Justice League movie to come is going to be like the greatest funeral ever
    You know, someone just enlightened me to something. You know at the end, where child Clark is playing in the yard with the dog? WHO WAS HE PRETENDING TO BE? After all, he was the first super hero.

Thanks
    EP Points

I went and saw Byzantium last night. I had no idea what this movie was about, other than the director was Neil Jordan (who has made some great movies in the past). I hadn't seen any trailers or any promo material, I just saw on Eberts website that it was awarded 3.5/4 stars, so I figured what the hell, let's go see it.
    Spoiler warning:
    It's a Vampire movie.

Needless to say I was really surprised and it was god damn good too. None of that trashy teenie-bopper shit here - this movie is gruesome, and very well done. 4.5/5

Thanks
    EP Points

Seen Man of Steel yesterday, I have to say it's more down to earth compared to all the other Superman movies.
    I am so ninja, I fart in your cereal while you are still eating it.

Hax'd:
    PS3 Slim OFW
    PS4 OFW
    Nintendo Wii U 32GB Black Premium

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by FlavaFlave View Post
    I went and saw Byzantium last night. I had no idea what this movie was about, other than the director was Neil Jordan (who has made some great movies in the past). I hadn't seen any trailers or any promo material, I just saw on Eberts website that it was awarded 3.5/4 stars, so I figured what the hell, let's go see it.
    Spoiler warning:
    It's a Vampire movie.

Needless to say I was really surprised and it was god damn good too. None of that trashy teenie-bopper shit here - this movie is gruesome, and very well done. 4.5/5
    If they don't sparkle, I'll have none of it.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealSpiders View Post
    If they don't sparkle, I'll have none of it.
    It's not that good either.

Thanks
    EP Points

I saw That's My Boy with Adam Sandler and some other SNL dude. 1/5
    It did have a couple of amusing parts, mainly the scenes involving Vanilla Ice, and it also helps that it's an R rated Sandler movie, so he gets in some gross jokes, but the movie is mostly worthless. It's a total pass....

Thanks

Saw Smokin' Aces yesterday, staring Ryan Reynolds. Great movie, really well done and definitely worth watching. Has a great focus on diverse characters and takes a very brutal approach to the life of a contract killer, certainly doesn't pull any punches. There was apparently a sequel, but I've been told it wasn't that good.

Thanks
    EP Points

Pacific Rim

Eeehhh, not too good but not too bad. Too much yapping, fight scenes should've been more longer.

Thanks
    EP Points

The Station Agent (2003)
    I've seen this movie more than a few times, and to me it just keeps getting better. It's a character driven drama movie, so it isn't for everyone, but I personally loved it. 4.5/5

Thanks
    EP Points

So yeah, 4 days later (you guys really need to watch some movies, geez).

I saw Pacific Rim - enjoyed it - It's kinda corny, but the battles are awesome, and it's the closest you'll get to a live action Anime flick probably any time soon. 3.5/5
    Jarhead (2005) - Excellent film. By the director of American Beauty (on of my all time favorites, and Skyfall). Definitely a film that has gotten better over time. 5/5
    Kinsey (2004) - Awesome film about Dr. Alfred Kinsey, who taught at Indiana University, and basically modernized how the world thought/felt about sex. Liam Neeson is always good. 5/5
    I think that about catches me up for now!

Thanks
    EP Points

I watched Charlie Chaplin's classic "The Great Dictator" on a local TV channel. I almost died of laughter!

Thanks
    EP Points

Kill Bill, Vol. 1 -- Watched this for the first time ever just the other day. Mindless, bloody & gory fun, par for the course for Mr. Tarantino. Recommend, but don't expect anything deeply cerebral.

Looper -- The trailer, as always, is lying to you, don't expect JGL and Bruce Willis to team up and kick ass, in fact, they spend most of their time kicking each other's. The protagonist and antagonist are the same guy, but it's no
    Spoiler warning:
    Fight Club
    in that regard; again, nothing deeply cerebral, but worth a watch for the unique idea.
    Last edited by Takion Sun; 19th-July-2013 at 21:24. Reason: Awh, shit, gave a huge spoiler for another movie. My bad.

Mega Man Legends 3 Fan Project!
    We're back, baby. I'd love if someone could help me read this.

Thanks
    EP Points

^Not sure what trailers you saw for Looper, but the trailer clearly states they are the same person, since that's like, the whole point of the movie.... Maybe pay closer attention to trailers from now on??

Caught Club Dread tonight - it's no Super Troopers, but it's still pretty funny. Bill Paxton is classic in the movie, and it's a pretty good gut punch to the horror movie stereotypes. 3/5