Page 125 of 204 FirstFirst ... 2575115120121122123124125126127128129130135175 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,875 of 3048

Thread: Recently Watched Movies

Thanks
    EP Points

Hobbit - meh
    Man on the moon - hrm
    Trading Places - yay

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Gangster Squad.

Expected it to be pretty terrible, but it was ok really.

Thanks
    EP Points

Death becomes her.
    48 hours.
    Bull Durham.
    Dirty rotten scoundrels.

Thanks
    EP Points

Just finished up the 2nd X-files movie. I was going to wait until I finished the series (halfway through season 7) but said the hell with it. Saw it not long after it came out but was pretty sure I was drunk and stoned and don't remember a bloody thing except that dudes head near the end. Anyhow I liked it. Obviously not a huge budget movie or anything and it was definitely more like a long episode. It was a little more "normal" as in no aliens or monsters. Their ages are really starting to show too. Scully still got it going on though Not bad not bad. 3/5

Also it seems there's a tentative plan for a 3rd, could be a few years but I'm sure they'll trot one out every now and again until they're really too old to do them. But then again you never know. Scully and Mulder could have a kid or something who grows up with crazy stories of his parents and joins the FBI or something and keep things going when they're too old to or even dead to play the parts. Or a reboot which given the status of movies these days is entirely within the realm of possibility. And pisses me off to no end too
    Last edited by Zaladane; 25th-April-2013 at 20:36.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zaladane View Post
    Just finished up the 2nd X-files movie. I was going to wait until I finished the series (halfway through season 7) but said the hell with it. Saw it not long after it came out but was pretty sure I was drunk and stoned and don't remember a bloody thing except that dudes head near the end. Anyhow I liked it. Obviously not a huge budget movie or anything and it was definitely more like a long episode. It was a little more "normal" as in no aliens or monsters. Their ages are really starting to show too. Scully still got it going on though Not bad not bad. 3/5

Also it seems there's a tentative plan for a 3rd, could be a few years but I'm sure they'll trot one out every now and again until they're really too old to do them. But then again you never know. Scully and Mulder could have a kid or something who grows up with crazy stories of his parents and joins the FBI or something and keep things going when they're too old to or even dead to play the parts. Or a reboot which given the status of movies these days is entirely within the realm of possibility. And pisses me off to no end too
    I didn't even know there was a second X-Files movie, and that it was released in 2008 just blows my mind. I don't remember seeing it anywhere - no trailers, not at the video store, etc.

Anyway, I recently watched Jacob's Ladder and Boogie Nights. Both excellent films.

Thanks
    EP Points

finally saw V for vendetta last night and it was pretty good (that was one of the seldom times i watch tv). i was going to check out the new evil dead a few minutes ago but it seems the only video of it floating around the internet currently is a video camera recording. same recording, spammed everywhere, saw 90 links on a site i like watching movies at and all were that same exact recording so i'll wait for the dvd since noone else seems to have a decent quality version yet.

with evil dead (real loosely based on the original if i understand the plot right ) out for now, i guess i'll check out something else.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by FlavaFlave View Post
    I didn't even know there was a second X-Files movie, and that it was released in 2008 just blows my mind. I don't remember seeing it anywhere - no trailers, not at the video store, etc.

Anyway, I recently watched Jacob's Ladder and Boogie Nights. Both excellent films.
    I agree, fantastic films, if you liked Boogie Nights you should check out the director Paul Thomas Anderson's other stuff.

I watched Stand by me recently, it's a fantastic film and it completely deserves all the praise it gets.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Tassadar View Post
    I agree, fantastic films, if you liked Boogie Nights you should check out the director Paul Thomas Anderson's other stuff.

I watched Stand by me recently, it's a fantastic film and it completely deserves all the praise it gets.
    Stand By Me is a great movie as well.

I've seen Boogie Nights about 100 times over the years, and I absolutely love all of PT Andersons other movies, with the exception of The Master.... I was kind of disappointed in it. It had some good ideas, and fantastic performances, but ultimately fell pretty flat. Boogie is probably my fav of his.... you can't get a much better ensemble cast than what that movie offers, not to mention there are soooooo many little things going on in it that you almost always catch something new. Magnolia is a lot like that too - I always find new stuff during a repeat viewing.

Thanks
    EP Points

I don't re-watch half as many films as I should. I loved boogie nights, everything from the soundtrack to the cast was great, the film was incredibly entertaining. The Master as a film to me felt like a bit of a disappointment to me too, I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would even though it had a great cast but I might like it again if I re-watch it. Also There will be Blood is still my favourite PTA film.

Thanks
    EP Points

I don't re-watch half as many films as I should. I loved boogie nights, everything from the soundtrack to the cast was great, the film was incredibly entertaining. The Master as a film to me felt like a bit of a disappointment to me too, I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would even though it had a great cast but I might like it again if I re-watch it. Also There will be Blood is still my favourite PTA film.
    I really want to like The Master, but I can't bring myself to watch it again - at least not for a few years anyway. I can't say enough good things about TWBB - Day Lewis really makes that movie. I really enjoyed Punchdrunk Love too - Adam Sandler was phenomenal in that role, and the movie was just so surreal. Have you ever seen Hard Eight/Sidney? I've only seen it once, a long time ago, but I remember it actually being really good, especially for his first movie. It had John C Reilly in it and FLoyd Gondoli from Boogie (can't think of his real name right now).

Thanks
    EP Points

Yes, Punchdrunk love was brilliant and Sandler can actually act, unlike Anniston who was the same as usual. I have seen Hard Eight and you're thinking of that old actor aren't you, he is a fantastic actor. Maybe I'll see The Master in a few years and like it more.

Thanks
    EP Points

Do you have any film recommendations Flavaflave?

Thanks
    EP Points

Do you have any film recommendations Flavaflave?
    What kind of movies are you after? Since you like PT Anderson stuff, I'll assume you like movies that either really make you think, have layers, or really good character development. Some of the stuff I can recommend that isn't exactly mainstream (i.e. Braveheart, Alien) would be Old Boy, Disconnect (just came out a week ago), Royal Tenenbaums, Rushmore, Moonrise Kingdom (in fact, pretty much anything by Wes Anderson), Seven Psychopaths, Moon, Another Earth, Arbitrage and High Fidelity. Let me know if any of these spark your fancy.

Thanks
    EP Points

Old Boy, Disconnect, Royal Tenebaums, Rushmore, Moonrise Kingdom, Seven Psychopaths, Moon, Another Earth, Arbitrate, High Fidelity, Maryrs and Confessions/Kokuhaku. I've seen about half to three quarters of those films and enjoyed a lot of them I will give Disconnect, Arbitrate, High Fidelity & Another Earth a shot some time now. They're the ones I haven't seen. Thanks.

Thanks
    EP Points

Just got back from Iron Man 3. Thoroughly enjoyable