Page 129 of 204 FirstFirst ... 2979119124125126127128129130131132133134139179 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,935 of 3048

Thread: Recently Watched Movies

Pickles is offline dagnabbit! These dad-gum kids and their new-fangled gizzy-moes!
    Thanks

Just back from man of steel. Loved it, every second of it. All of you go watch it right now.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by CL4P-TP View Post
    Just back from man of steel. Loved it, every second of it. All of you go watch it right now.
    Must be nice to be about a half day ahead of some of us - It's noonish here and I'm stuck at work - can't go see it til this evening

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by CL4P-TP View Post
    But, but it's still a Superman movie :/

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    But, but it's still a Superman movie :/

Bet its not as good as superman IV

I'm set to watch it sometime this month

Thanks

I felt like watching something from the 90's, so I watched Hackers from 1995 I think
    Emuparadise #1
    Playstation 2

I'll keep on trying, until my dying day.

Thanks
    EP Points

Just finished the new Superman.

Dunno what to say. It wasn't bad. First 40 minutes were kinda bleh. They copied to much from Batman Begins for that and bounced around too much. A couple of things made absolutely no sense whatsoever. It got to be a little too much towards the end Too much like Avengers there with the city getting half destroyed The fight scenes were good and so were the effects. A little cheesy here and there. Overall it was better than most recent comic book movies. The actors did a good job and had some good people in it. Didn't like Amy Adams though and expected Russel Crowe to say "I am Gladiator" near the beginning But he's a douchebag anyways and never really liked or thought much of him either.

3.5/5
    Last edited by Zaladane; 19th-June-2013 at 17:44.

Thanks
    EP Points

I watched In the Mouth of Madness last night. 2.5/5 - decent effort, but ultimately so convoluted that I didn't even try to make sense of it at the end.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Before Midnight

8.5/10

Hearing good things about A Hijacking, gonna give it a go in the next few days.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    Before Midnight

8.5/10

Hearing good things about A Hijacking, gonna give it a go in the next few days.
    I haven't seen Before Midnight yet, but I really liked the other two films - Before Sunrise and Before Sunset. It's no surprise that you gave the new one a good review
    A Few Good Men was on late last night, and I got wrapped up in it, even thought I've seen it many many times. It's still a good movie and holds up well over the years. 4.5/5

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Yeah it did not disappoint. Solid trilogy.

Thanks
    EP Points

Saw World War Z last night because I'm apparently one of those assholes who has to see every zombie movie or whatever. It was alright, but nothing spectacular.

It fell for a lot of the standard zombie tropes and kind of faked itself out plot-wise. Also nothing to do with the books as I can recall. However, visually it was alright, the way they handled the horde physics was a treat. Reminiscent of the original Starship Troopers.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Yeah I'm still undecided on that movie.

Thanks
    EP Points

Went with my sisters to watch Monsters University. I was a great one!

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealSpiders View Post
    Saw World War Z last night because I'm apparently one of those assholes who has to see every zombie movie or whatever. It was alright, but nothing spectacular.

It fell for a lot of the standard zombie tropes and kind of faked itself out plot-wise. Also nothing to do with the books as I can recall. However, visually it was alright, the way they handled the horde physics was a treat. Reminiscent of the original Starship Troopers.
    I assume you're talking about the scene where all the bugs crawled and clawed eachother to breach the compound. If that's the best this movie has to offer, then I"m definitely not sold on it. Besides, I have no problem with Brad Pitt per se, but this movie has been in development hell for quite a while, and I'm a firm believer that we don't need any more Zombie flicks for quite some time. Zombieland did a lot of things right, and in an already saturated market, that was the tip of the iceberg.
    Quote Originally Posted by sagittarius View Post
    Went with my sisters to watch Monsters University. I was a great one!
    While I don't doubt the movie was good, did we really need a sequel/prequel to Monsters Inc?? IMO Pixar has been slowly going downhill after the release of Wall-E, and they are better than just churning out sequels. Brave wasn't anything special, Cars 2 was totally unnecessary, and now they lay on Monsters University. If they're gonna milk a franchise, Incredibles is the one they need to tap - there's a lot of potential with the superhero family, but they won't revisit it for whatever reason.

And they need to lay off Toy Story - I heard rumblings of a Toy Story 4 - leave it alone, please. It's done.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by FlavaFlave View Post
    While I don't doubt the movie was good, did we really need a sequel/prequel to Monsters Inc?? IMO Pixar has been slowly going downhill after the release of Wall-E, and they are better than just churning out sequels. Brave wasn't anything special, Cars 2 was totally unnecessary, and now they lay on Monsters University. If they're gonna milk a franchise, Incredibles is the one they need to tap - there's a lot of potential with the superhero family, but they won't revisit it for whatever reason.

And they need to lay off Toy Story - I heard rumblings of a Toy Story 4 - leave it alone, please. It's done.
    We are just old ***s now, that's all. Though I haven't like any of this shit since I was like...10.