Page 155 of 204 FirstFirst ... 55105145150151152153154155156157158159160165 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,325 of 3048

Thread: Recently Watched Movies

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Avengers Age of Ultron (2D )

Couldn't wait anymore and just went to watch it yesterday. Epic movie, eveyone should go watch it.
    Epic indeed, and perhaps way too big sometimes. It's impressive the number of characters and the number of cameos from previous Marvel movies Whedon included and worked with (while still constructing for the future:first appearance of Klaw, Black Panther's enemy)). It seemed impossible but he did, once again, a great job. I can see why he needs a loooong rest after this The franchise is going to miss him :/

I remember talking with Zally about the Infinite Gems already shown in the past.. things seem to be more clear now

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Jupiter Ascending (2015).

Spoiler alert: I shall complain about a few things (I can't be bothered writing up a detailed and comprehensive list. I'll do this and try to forget about the movie).

You have been warned.

Spoiler warning:
    The whole reincarnated mother marrying the son was one of the worst ideas I've ever seen in a movie. Why would anyone think of putting that in a movie Fucking weird.

I saw Elephant Man piloting a spaceship. WTF?

Isn't it convenient that the aliens (or humans, whatever...fuck this movie) can wipe memories and fix damaged shit. BUT THEY CAN'T DELETE IMAGE FILES ON SMARTPHONES. FAIL.

Sean Bean, shame on you. You should've been beheaded in this instead of GoT.

Nice sfx but too much crazy stuff going on. Like space rollerblade fights and shit.

I feel like a Jackie Chan meme.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Saw Selma last week. Was pretty great. Planning to watch another called Timbuktu. Just working through the Oscar's list

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Torpedo Run (1958).
    The Day of the Siege September Eleven 1683 (2012).
    10,000 Years Later (2015).
    Infini (2015).

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

I just got back a little white ago from seeing the new Mad Max Fury Road movie. It wasn't as good as the old Mad Max movies, but it wasn't terrible either.

Thanks

if your into horro try american marry, thats some crazy for ya

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Superman

Meh is all I can say. Meh to the plot, meh to Lex, meh to the origin. The only thing that got any real reaction was the whole time ending and just how stupid it was. I hate that ending. I hated it in the Donner cut of Superman 2 and I hate it in this movie as well.

Superman 2: The Richard Donner Cut

The "original" ending was stupid, but the Donner Cut ending was just as bad. Worse even, because that's not how anything works at all. At least in the original cut, it could be seen as a call back to when Superman could just pull a new power out of his ass on a whim.

Also, Richard Donner sounds like the most bitter old man. I know the back story and all, but come on. It's was about 30 years when the Donner Cut was made, get over it already.

Superman 3

The only thing that keeps this from being the single worst movie I have ever seen is Supes being a massive jackhole, then splitting into two and trying to murder himself.

Superman 4

The much maligned movie in the franchise is, to my surprise, almost better than 3 in every way outside of the whole trying to murder himself bit. The disc had a half hour of deleted scenes, many of which I felt would have made the movie better, as the film is too short. Or rather, it feels that way when the action actually begins. Too much is wasted on some woman trying to get into Clark's pants, while the actual superheroing takes a back seat.

The reason why I feel this is better than 3 is mainly because it has actual supervillainy, unlike 3 where it was just a rich guy wanting more money, bad comedy and then somehow a computer turning a lady into a cyborg for some reason. Supes has an equal in Nuclear Man, he's pushed and made to be seen as weak without needing Kryptonite for once. It also revels, for a few moments, in the old school superhero books of yore, where you really could have Superman take care of the whole worlds nuclear weapons and actually have a go at world peace... and in the deleted scenes, the logical conclusion of such a thing, where the super powers just buy more and almost nuke one another anyway, because while the weapons may be the threat, the real issue is humanity and its fears.
    Last edited by Aeolus Aeneas; 30th-May-2015 at 02:17.

Thanks
    EP Points

I just watched Kingsman a few days ago and it was totally worth it.
    Samuel L. Jackson was hilarious.
    9.5/10

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Superman Returns

Better than any of the Christopher Reeve films, even though Christopher Reeve himself was a better actor than... whatever his name is that played Supes. A shame that a worldwide total of over 400 million dollars wasn't enough to justify a sequel, because I would have liked to see what they could have done with New Krypton.

Exploding Sun

The sun did not actually explode, therefore lies and deceit.

Thanks
    EP Points

Arrow

Cobain: Montage Of Heck.

There's a lot to digest here, and the production values are really high. The doc was very thoughtfully put together, very artistic, and fitting for the subject. I have a few minor complaints, but overall: +1.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeolus Aeneas View Post
    Superman

Meh is all I can say. Meh to the plot, meh to Lex, meh to the origin. The only thing that got any real reaction was the whole time ending and just how stupid it was. I hate that ending. I hated it in the Donner cut of Superman 2 and I hate it in this movie as well.

Superman 2: The Richard Donner Cut

The "original" ending was stupid, but the Donner Cut ending was just as bad. Worse even, because that's not how anything works at all. At least in the original cut, it could be seen as a call back to when Superman could just pull a new power out of his ass on a whim.

Also, Richard Donner sounds like the most bitter old man. I know the back story and all, but come on. It's was about 30 years when the Donner Cut was made, get over it already.

Superman 3

The only thing that keeps this from being the single worst movie I have ever seen is Supes being a massive jackhole, then splitting into two and trying to murder himself.

Superman 4

The much maligned movie in the franchise is, to my surprise, almost better than 3 in every way outside of the whole trying to murder himself bit. The disc had a half hour of deleted scenes, many of which I felt would have made the movie better, as the film is too short. Or rather, it feels that way when the action actually begins. Too much is wasted on some woman trying to get into Clark's pants, while the actual superheroing takes a back seat.

The reason why I feel this is better than 3 is mainly because it has actual supervillainy, unlike 3 where it was just a rich guy wanting more money, bad comedy and then somehow a computer turning a lady into a cyborg for some reason. Supes has an equal in Nuclear Man, he's pushed and made to be seen as weak without needing Kryptonite for once. It also revels, for a few moments, in the old school superhero books of yore, where you really could have Superman take care of the whole worlds nuclear weapons and actually have a go at world peace... and in the deleted scenes, the logical conclusion of such a thing, where the super powers just buy more and almost nuke one another anyway, because while the weapons may be the threat, the real issue is humanity and its fears.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeolus Aeneas View Post
    Superman Returns

Better than any of the Christopher Reeve films, even though Christopher Reeve himself was a better actor than... whatever his name is that played Supes. A shame that a worldwide total of over 400 million dollars wasn't enough to justify a sequel, because I would have liked to see what they could have done with New Krypton.

Exploding Sun

The sun did not actually explode, therefore lies and deceit.
    Yes. Another alien? Cool. Ok, but you must reside on a different part of the planet, cause 'Superman: The Movie' is by FAR the best of the Christopher Reeve films .

\S/: The Movie

When I watch it, it has a certain magic to it that makes me rethink my opinion of 'Man Of Steel' as the best. But it wins only by nostalgia. The only Supes movie that might be able to top it is BvS, but we'll have to wait and see. It's sort of MOS II, but it's really more like first "The World's Finest" movie. I was like 2 when the first Superman was released, so I will always view it through a certain lens, based on that fact alone. But objectively, I still think Man Of Steel is the best.

\S/ II:

Good, but I don't love it nearly as much as the original. An acceptable sequel though. The loss of Donner hurt the film though. "The Donner Cut" can't make up for the fact that he never got to properly finish it, as history cannot be revised/time travel is not possible in this "realm". So, we'll never know how good it might have been if the Salkinds hadn't axed him.

\S/ III:

Basically same opinion of it as yours. I'll add that Richard Pryor (as great of a comedian and actor as he was) did not belong in a Supes film. The loss of Donner is WAY more strongly felt.

\S/ IV:

It's clear that Dick Lester (while a great director of Beatles movies) wasn't right for this franchise.

\S/ Returns:

Highly underrated Superman film. Spot on casting from Brandon Routh as Supes/Clark, to Kevin Spacey as Lex. This movie is a proper finish as a spiritual finale to what Donner started. It wasn't until I witnessed Henry Cavill's performance in MOS, that I realized that Brandon Routh wouldn't have been right for the Zach Snyder Supes series. That's actually props to B. Routh as well as Henry C. though, as I had wanted to see more of Routh as Superman until I saw Man Of Steel. Brandon Routh didn't just have big shoes to fill as far as pulling off the duality of Clark/Superman...but also Chris Reeve. I think he did both perfectly, and I really don't think any other actor could have done a better job at finishing off "The Donner Trilogy". Props to Bryan Singer, who unfairly was often slammed for his work on Superman Returns, for being what I think is a very esoteric work of superhero cinema.
    Last edited by MadZiontist; 6th-June-2015 at 10:20. Reason: meant that objectively Man Of Steel is the best \S/ film

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Scorcher

A film in which people with family issues whine constantly despite the fact that a mass extinction event is underway. They whine while explaining it, whine after it, whine on the way to try and fix it, then other people whine in the background. Then there's more whining when the only character who seems to understand the whole "all life on Earth is going to be baked alive if we don't fix this" concept is vilified by the movie for lying to ensure that the person in charge of trying to save the world doesn't get sidetracked by emotion and potentially let 99.9% of all life die out.

It also somehow got, and wasted, John Rhys-Davies. There should be legal charges brought against these people!

Ring of Fire

I honestly cannot tell if this is the work of somebody who really wants to mock environmentalism but don't know a thing about science, written by overly zealous environmentalists who have a bone to pick and don't know a thing about science, or by really stupid people who don't know a thing about science but want to sound smart, all while using the tried and true cheap tactic of evil big companies to push this crap. The characters are unlikable, it resorts to the most basic of emotional manipulation for drama and in place of actual character development, it's a smear piece either way toward environmentalists (marking them all as either extremists to the point where they can see nothing but a company as pure evil or just so incompetent that they're stupid) and again, whoever wrote this knows nothing at all about science, much less does it have actors who can pronounce basic words like nuclear.

Killer Klowns from Outer Space

Not as good a title as Nazis at the Center of the Earth, but a much better film. This film is just... I mean... it's difficult to convey in words what this film is. It's something you gotta see for yourself, it's just that...

Soylent Green

One of those movies everybody knows the SHOCKING TWIST to, but have never seen. Now I have seen it, and it just further makes me question every movie that involves the over population of Earth doesn't have ay actual attempts at population control. It's a decent film and all, but its vision of the future is hilarious, like somebody having a Computer Space cabinet in the year 2032 and it still being considered a proper toy.
    Last edited by Aeolus Aeneas; 11th-June-2015 at 22:36.

Thanks
    EP Points

Kumiko the Treasure Hunter-I was compelled to watch it because of the trailer and the connection to Fargo. I'm conflicted about the movie to be honest. Kumiko is a lonely,miserable office girl in Tokyo. She finds a vcr tape of Fargo. She watches it obsessively to figure out where the money is located. She goes to Minnesota to find it. She becomes consumed with finding this money. I'm not going to spoil the rest of it,but I don't know how to feel about this movie.

Thanks
    EP Points

I went to see "Jurassic World" today, was a pretty good movie.

Thanks
    EP Points

Age of Ultron. More like Age of BORETRON!

Only kidding. Really enjoyed it but it definitely wasn't as good as the first one and it felt very cliched.

Thanks

Just watched District 9 today. Read an online review that suggested it would be a thoughtful morality tale about how people treat each other, using aliens as a metaphor. It was that for about 15 minutes, then wavered into "humans = bad" territory before just becoming a full blown action flick half way through. Unlikable main character, poorly defined villains, and aliens who don't speak our language and are not given subtitles mute any impact the story had.

Honestly, it was disappointing.
    "Traveler"
    Case: Bitfenix Prodigy
    CPU: Devil's Canyon i5 @ 4.0GHz
    RAM: 2x8GB G.Skill Sniper @ 2400MHz
    GPU: EVGA GTX 660ti
    Mobo: ASRock Z97E-ITX
    Drive: Trend Micro 128GB SSD