Page 138 of 204 FirstFirst ... 3888128133134135136137138139140141142143148188 ... LastLast
Results 2,056 to 2,070 of 3048

Thread: Recently Watched Movies

Thanks
    EP Points

Summer Wars

It was 'meh'. Didn't bother finishing it...

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Drageuth View Post
    RAM JAM!!

That was actually a freakin' great movie. Much better than I expected, anyways. Kind of gives a different perspective on what can happen when you follow your dreams.
    Quote Originally Posted by FlavaFlave View Post
    Yeah, it's definitely one of my favorites. I pretty much wrote it off when it was released, even though I love the director (Pi, Requiem for a Dream), but this movie didn't seem to fit his style.
    Turns out it didn't matter because the movie and the performances were just spot on, and you're right about it giving a different perspective.... parts of it were downright depressing.

Brilliant film although I interpreted the love of the 80's more about nostalgia and yearning for younger years as his dream had passed him by. This was pretty depressing but it was definintely much different than what I initially expected when I saw it blind, thinking it might have been a standard fight film.

Thanks
    EP Points

Watched a lot of stuff in the last 2 months so won't bother as most were older things that were rewatched like Lethal Weapon and so on.

Interview with a Vampire - watched it right after finishing the book. God it was awful. Well not completely, it has its moments but like all novel to film adaptations things were changed and too many things glossed over or even plainly left out. 2/5

Thanks

The Ouija Experiment (2011)

... SO BAD :/
    Bad cast, bad plot, bad effects, bad everything. IMDB give this movie a 3.7 but it's too much imo, I will give it a 1.5 and just because I lol'd so hard in some scenes.
    Waste of time

"Most people don't believe something can happen until it already has,
    that's not stupidity or weakness, that's just human nature"

Thanks
    EP Points

Fullmetal Alchemist: Conqueror of Shamballa

Oh god, so much nostalgia after it premiered back 7 years ago in WOWOW!

Thanks

Contracted (2013)

PLOT: A young lesbian is drugged and raped by a stranger at a party and contracts, what she thinks is, a sexually-transmitted disease - but is actually something much worse
    Intresting movie, a bit "stronger" than usual for the common film watcher.

Thanks
    EP Points

Watched Ali (2001)

Not impressed in the least. The movie dragged and dragged..... even the boxing scenes were slow and uneventful.

There is a better movie to be made here, and this isn't it. If you haven't seen this movie by now then chances are you have no desire to see it, so just keep away.

Thanks

"Escape Plan" (2013)

PLOT: When a structural-security authority finds himself set up and incarcerated in the world's most secret and secure prison, he has to use his skills to escape with help from the inside.
    Sylvester Stallone and Arnold Schwarzenegger strikes again hahaha

Thanks

"The Butler" (2013)

PLOT: As Cecil Gaines serves eight presidents during his tenure as a butler at the White House, the civil rights movement, Vietnam, and other major events affect this man's life, family, and American society.
    Good movie if you are in the "political-drama" genere films.

Thanks
    EP Points

I recently watched The Hobbit: The desolation of Smaug, really enjoyed it as well as the first part. I'm looking forward to the 3rd and final part when it finally comes out.

Thanks
    EP Points

Pacific Rim my boyfriend got it for Christmas and he brought it with him. It wasn't bad, I liked it

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by FlavaFlave View Post
    Watched Ali (2001)

Not impressed in the least. The movie dragged and dragged..... even the boxing scenes were slow and uneventful.

There is a better movie to be made here, and this isn't it. If you haven't seen this movie by now then chances are you have no desire to see it, so just keep away.
    I saw this way back when Blockbuster was still around here and not too long after it was released. I only remember the part where he's watching TV in the middle of the night and talking about termites.

Thanks

"7E" (2013)

PLOT: A young man struggles with unexplained events inside of a New York apartment where tenants are not who they appear to be.
    Not THAT bad, IMDB maybe was a bit mean with the rate points... I guess this one can reach a 5 o 6 maybe.

Thanks
    EP Points

I watched Dallas Buyers Club (2013) last night. *** 1/2
    Very good movie, and I'd say there's a very good chance that McConaughey and Jared Leto will get Oscars for their performances in this movie.

Thanks
    EP Points

I'm double posting because A: I'm an asshole and B: because I know Tassadar has seen something and hasn't posted yet

First off, watched Rush (2013) - *** 1/2
    Inferno, you will LOVE this movie. It's about one of Formula One's greatest rivalries - Niki Lauda vs. James Hunt. The best part about this movie is that it's hard to tell what is CGI and what is real during the racing sequences. I know they went through painstaking details to re-create these races, but this movie looks fantastic, not to mention any story about real people pushing the boundaries like these two did is just amazing in and of itself.

Secondly, I've re-watched Ender's Game for the second time. I refused to comment on this movie the first time I saw it, and now that I've seen it again I think I can accurately comment on it.

So, Ender's Game (2013)
    I'm going to give this movie multiple ratings, only because I think it's fair to the person that views it. In fact, It's getting 3 ratings by me, based on how I feel people will interpret the movie. Call in snobbish, or call it stupid, I don't care, but first off this is a movie that probably shouldn't have been made in the first place. So, with that said (and that fact that probably no one cares), here we go:
    If you've not read the book - ** 1/2 - It's passable Sci-Fi with decent ideas and great visuals. Ultimately, it's forgettable though.
    If you've read the book and are really anal about how books transition into movies - * 1/2 - I'll give it credit for decent casting and good representation of the Battle Room
    If you've read the book and are willing to accept the movie for what it is - ***
    Allow me to explain - I love the book. I don't read much, and this is one of the few books I've read over the years multiple times, so I find it really hard to give this movie a fair rating knowing the source material. What I can say is that since I know the book so well, the movie plays like a cliff-notes version of the book, but yet I can fill in all the blanks because I know the story.
    There are many omissions, as expected from an adaptation, but at times I almost feel like the producers/director of this movie barely read the source material. Example - Bonzo Madrid - Ender's antagonist in battle school - the book spent 2 pages talking about how his name was pronounced "Bone - So", and that he was a talll, slender, muscular Spaniard who commanded his team with authority and presence.
    In the movie, Bonzo is called Bonzo (with the Z) and is a short 5"2 rat faced moron. Someone missed their source material.
    Anyway, the movie is obviously a truncated version of the book - to be expected - but I find it hard for any audience to really grasp what's going on without prior knowledge of the book. I feel like this movie was made for the fans, and no one else.
    Oh, and don't get me started on "the game"..... they totally fucked that part up in the movie.

TL : DR
    Be mindful of the source material before you watch this movie.
    Last edited by FlavaFlave; 19th-January-2014 at 19:28.