EP Points

For compatibility lists and info on how to patch your NDS/GBA games, check

http://m3wiki.com/index.php?title=Main_Page

I'm in ur head, raping ur cerebral cortex
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    For compatibility lists and info on how to patch your NDS/GBA games, check

http://m3wiki.com/index.php?title=Main_Page
    For the settings it shows for each game, those are the settings you use in the Game Manager program that comes with your M3 adapter. You should probably update your adapter's firmware and game manager software when it arrives, you can find all updates here:
    http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/ You want updagcsd.e31b.rar and GM_v31.rar.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by banned View Post
    For the settings it shows for each game, those are the settings you use in the Game Manager program that comes with your M3 adapter. You should probably update your adapter's firmware and game manager software when it arrives, you can find all updates here:
    http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/ You want updagcsd.e31b.rar and GM_v31.rar.
    So, is that all I need to do to get it working properly? I already checked that the games I want to try first work perfectly with it.

When I get the M3 MiniSD adapter and the passcard 3 do I unzip the files you told me to get onto the MiniSD card so it's read by the adapter?

On the seventh dawn of the seventh day a twice-blessed man will roam the fields. Doomed to shadows with his brethren, or saviour to all who walk the ground.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Updating the M3 firmware and patching the ROMs according to the settings given in the m3 wiki is all you have to do.
    Also you'll have to create some folders in your minisd card. This is what I have:
    - GAMESAVE (gba saves)
    - GBA (gba games)
    - GBASAVE (gba rts saves)
    - MEDIA (for videos, pics..)
    - NDS (nds games)
    - NDSSAVE (nds saves)

Thanks

What is the difference between your GAMESAVE and GBASAVE folders?

On the seventh dawn of the seventh day a twice-blessed man will roam the fields. Doomed to shadows with his brethren, or saviour to all who walk the ground.

Thanks
    EP Points

The M3 is one of the flashcarts that can handle gba games with the real time save feature (Pokemons etc) and I read in a tutorial that the saves for those games need to go in a folder labeled like that, but to be honest I still haven't tried any of those games.

Thanks

What about DS games that are like that like then? For example Pokemon Diamond when it comes out.

Thanks
    EP Points

I'm not sure, I guess they will update the game manager to patch the game properly so it can run, that if they can make the game run at all, I can only speculate, time will tell :/
    I'd link you to that tutorial I mentioned but it's in spanish.

Thanks

Lol, just looking on the applications compatibility list and it lists MSN messenger on there, imagine talking to my friends on messenger using my DS.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by P. Wolvesbane View Post
    Lol, just looking on the applications compatibility list and it lists MSN messenger on there, imagine talking to my friends on messenger using my DS.
    Yeah this is possible. Of course you need to use a homebrew application, not the official MSN messenger.

Thanks

So can you tell me what I need to use the M3 Game Manager for and how do you use it?

Thanks

So can you tell me what I need to use the M3 Game Manager for and how do you use it?
    The Game Manager is used for putting your games onto your card. You open it up, locate your card in the left hand column, and select either GBA or NDS and locate your roms and patch them using the appropriate settings (for GBA, you don't need to check any boxes, for NDS, see the M3wiki for the correct settings for each game).

If you wish to play NES roms, don't use the built in emulator as it completely sucks.

Instead, use nesDS WIP 1(by emu_kidid)
    http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=25181 (just drag and drop the nesDS.ds.gba file onto your card(no need to patch homebrew) along with some NES roms in .nes format and rename the nesDS.ds.gba file to nesDS.nds. Start it with the A button and once you locate your rom folder, you should see a list of your roms to choose from)

For SNES, I recommend using SNEmulDS v0.3 (works the same way as nesDS WIP 1)
    http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=44820

Sega Megadrive/genesis emulation isn't that good yet, for regular Game Boy games, you can just patch them through the game manager by selecting "write GBA", for GBC though, you'll need Goomba Color to patch the roms.

Thanks

Is it necessary to update the Passcard with updagcsd.e31b everytime I turn it on?

Thanks

Is it necessary to update the Passcard with updagcsd.e31b everytime I turn it on?
    it's really only updating the adapter's firmware, once you've done this, it's safe to take it off of the card, you only need to update once.

Thanks

Okay sounds good, just need to get home from work and then i'll try it out properly this time as I tried to play Children of Mana without any settings added (by manually copying it to the NDS folder) instead of using M3 Game Manager, it did not work as it brought up the load bar and froze once it was done while turning the top screen on.

Edit: Got the games to work, all I had to do was bring them onto the SD card without placing the games into any folders.
    Last edited by P. Wolvesbane; 25th-January-2007 at 09:16.