Thread: Post your compositions!

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Post your compositions!

It looks like we lost the old thread as a result of the forums going offline, so I figured I'd start a new one.

This is really just something I've been playing around with this afternoon. I came up with the guitar part yesterday and added a bass line and a basic drumbeat when I transcribed it into Guitar Pro. I'm still deciding what to do with it, so it's a bit repetitive at the moment... it strikes me as backing for something so maybe some guitar harmonies over the top will help. Anyway, see what you think. Constructive criticism is welcome.

http://www.tindeck.com/audio/my/3msf4

Thanks

Love the harmonized parts and the opening bassline. It sounded like black metal for the first few seconds then it headed into hard rock/heavy metal territory; a little disappointed at that. Anyway, it's a bit repetitive as you said.. A short lead would sound good over it, and another riff might touch it up a bit.

Thanks
    EP Points

http://www.box.net/public/25ncmop4f0

Stuff I did Early - mid Last year. Not much, just a few short things in FL Studio, one with a guitar track. A few people think the first two tracks would be suited for some sort of Castlevania game.
    http://www.epforums.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=29796&dateline=143454  3972

Thanks
    EP Points

Post GTP files.
    I have a lots ov my own-composed brutal-death in GTP
    Should i post it?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Urn View Post
    Post GTP files.
    I have a lots ov my own-composed brutal-death in GTP
    Should i post it?
    For sure.

Also, cosmic, I loved yours, the repetitiveness wouldn't matter if you had a strong lead over it, something like a solo would sound over it, but slower and drawn out.
    Last edited by Ahkei; 16th-January-2007 at 13:25.
    http://www.epforums.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=29796&dateline=143454  3972

Thanks
    EP Points

Thanks
    EP Points

Thanks for the input guys. Darth and Urn, I'll have a listen to your music later today.

Thanks
    EP Points

I have an idea: why not "post your music" instead of "compositions" so covers can be included?. the fact is that I play mostly covers and/or I'm ashamed of my own songs (and I'm paranoid about them,I don't want to hear one of my songs on mtv performed by someone else! ),and I would like to post some covers I made.

cosmic: a lead guitar or something doing what would be the vocals melody would improve it,it's not bad at all,but as you said,it sounds like backing.
    another idea: do you have real instruments?,if so,try recording it with them. midi/synth can be useful for drums if you don't have the real thing,but it's limiting for guitar and bass

darth: the "intro" track is a 100% castlevania-ish song!,cool!. you know what it's missing in my opinion?,some drums,a continuous beat like "boom boom boom boom" will make it perfect as the background for some action-packed vampire-themed game.

urn: the "chang,chararangchang chararararang" guitars in the first one remind me of evanescence a bit,(that's a good thing,not an insult ).
    nothing