Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Google Earth:Where are you now?!?!?!

Thanks
    EP Points

I'm a francophone, so yes, I do.

As for what you wrote, I kinda figured it, but checked with a translator.

If you want to keep talking, I'm in the Hangout.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Nitramuse, just run the search, and voila. Middle of nowhere, and the huge dry lakebed just to the north (the pale area that barely peeks in on the north edge of the pic) is Groom Lake.

Though you did inspire me to also take a peek at Norfolk Naval Yard, too. Looks like a couple ships are hauling out. A pity I couldn't spot Los Alamos, but...

Thanks

You know they don;t make current images right? they just make satelite pics of whenever they took them. Those ship might been there a month ago but they are not there now.
    No...

Thanks
    EP Points

This one is at least a year old. We've got 2 more condos in my backyard. (at the circle.)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Terill
    You know they don;t make current images right? they just make satelite pics of whenever they took them. Those ship might been there a month ago but they are not there now.
    Hmmm...
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr
    I can't speak for the first, but I'm certain the second is several years out of date, for a couple reasons. First, there is no school and massive residential development complex across the street, which was being built two years ago. Second, a splash of red in front of my house at a closer zoom is a LeBaron (the only red car we've owned and parked outside the house). My younger sister turned that car's engine into slag three or four years ago.
    Nope, I thought all along that it was live footage, and Google had spysats monitoring every square cm of the planet. Don't mind my tenses much; I'm usually a bit odd with them (I also have an odd view of time, but...).

And if anyone can spot the USS Pueblo in Pyongyang, I'd be much obliged. It's supposed to be moored in Pyongyang. Pity; I was hoping to spring a "US Destroyer in North Korea" pic on everyone, but I'll settle for this.
    Last edited by Mistral; 19th-January-2006 at 04:26.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr
    Hmmm...

Nope, I thought all along that it was live footage, and Google had spysats monitoring every square cm of the planet. Don't mind my tenses much; I'm usually a bit odd with them (I also have an odd view of time, but...).
    Just making sure....and It hard to think of time correctly once you get into light-speed time dilations (wow second time I've mentioned that today).
    No...

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Terill
    Just making sure....and It hard to think of time correctly once you get into light-speed time dilations (wow second time I've mentioned that today).
    Nah, I just have a funny sense of history. It's a bit more real, no? Given the right situation, I could talk about Byron building the Difference Engine or Bill the Bastard moving to match Harold and the Saxons at Hastings. Granted, it'd be a bit tougher to come up with a sitch for that, but...