Thread: Computer randomly freezing

Thanks

Default Computer randomly freezing

I have a query with regards to my computer randomly locking up, I hope someone can shine some light onto what the problem could be.

When it locks up it does so completely, no mouse movement, the lights on the keyboard dont change (caps/num/scroll lock) when you press respective buttons, everything freezes as though its a snapshot of the computer at the point of locking up. The only way out is to hit the reset button.

It happens fairly randomly, although strangely moreso if I leave the computer running alone, for BT, P2P etc.

I suspected it could be the computer overheating, altough Ive cleaned any excess dust out and the fans appear to be operational.

Its annoying because it hinders me downloading any big files as the computer will lock up, and the files then corrupt. Ive formatted the computer several times of late, and it still occurs, so I'm assuming its a hardware problem?

I know its all a bit vague, but if someone could tell me what is likely to be the problem I can action it! I dont mind spending money on fixing the damned thing, but I dont want to throw good money after bad

If there are any details that are relevant I will supply them.

Thanks.
    Touch my twat.

Thanks

I had a similar problem like this. It started when watching video files my comp would freeze but then it just happened randomly. What I did was uninstall my video card drivers, uninstalled all codecs and players. Then reinstalled an old set of video drivers and it worked like a charm. I am not sure if this would help you but just throwing it out there as a suggestion.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tits McGhee
    I have a query with regards to my computer randomly locking up, I hope someone can shine some light onto what the problem could be.

When it locks up it does so completely, no mouse movement, the lights on the keyboard dont change (caps/num/scroll lock) when you press respective buttons, everything freezes as though its a snapshot of the computer at the point of locking up. The only way out is to hit the reset button.

It happens fairly randomly, although strangely moreso if I leave the computer running alone, for BT, P2P etc.

I suspected it could be the computer overheating, altough Ive cleaned any excess dust out and the fans appear to be operational.

Its annoying because it hinders me downloading any big files as the computer will lock up, and the files then corrupt. Ive formatted the computer several times of late, and it still occurs, so I'm assuming its a hardware problem?

I know its all a bit vague, but if someone could tell me what is likely to be the problem I can action it! I dont mind spending money on fixing the damned thing, but I dont want to throw good money after bad

If there are any details that are relevant I will supply them.

Thanks.
    Like you said, it is probably an overheating issue. Either that or a dying component such as a graphics card or processor but first it would be best to download the Everest trial to view your temps.