Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: You know you're a geek when...

Thanks

*Winged 2.0 looks at Soeru's Sigx powered sig.

Thanks
    EP Points

You know you are a geek (trekkie) when you just crapped your pants seeing 34 episodes you don't have posted on USENET.

Yeah. I crapped.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You know you're a geek when:

You consider "scroll down" "Link please" or "google time" sex talk

You catch an STD and say "OMG scan with AVG!"

When someone says "booting computer" you don't think about kicking it

You don't hit smack or destroy computer equipment to get it to work

You make jokes about computer terms regularly

You have been known to pick up chicks by offering to fix their computers or tutor them.

Y0u (4n und3r574nd 7h15 p4r7 0f my p057, 0r 83|0n6 70 4n 1337 0n|y m355463 804rd (7h3y 3x157 50m3wh3r3 1 kn0w 17)

You refer to your friends using their online Nicks or handles.

You fail a test/have something bad happen and say "Where's the reset button"

No clocks in your house are flashing 12:00

You can describe every single spec on your computer without looking it up

You carry 50 lbs+ of CPU equipment everywhere (laptops, cell phones, mp3 player, cd player, various wires and plugs, chips, software, etc)

Thanks

You judge a person solely on the technical gagdetry they carry and how they do so, and almost all of your judgments are correct.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Weapon
    You know you're a geek when:

You consider "scroll down" "Link please" or "google time" sex talk

You catch an STD and say "OMG scan with AVG!"

When someone says "booting computer" you don't think about kicking it

You don't hit smack or destroy computer equipment to get it to work

You make jokes about computer terms regularly

You have been known to pick up chicks by offering to fix their computers or tutor them.

Y0u (4n und3r574nd 7h15 p4r7 0f my p057, 0r 83|0n6 70 4n 1337 0n|y m355463 804rd (7h3y 3x157 50m3wh3r3 1 kn0w 17)

You refer to your friends using their online Nicks or handles.

You fail a test/have something bad happen and say "Where's the reset button"

No clocks in your house are flashing 12:00

You can describe every single spec on your computer without looking it up

You carry 50 lbs+ of CPU equipment everywhere (laptops, cell phones, mp3 player, cd player, various wires and plugs, chips, software, etc)
    I am happy to say that *most* of those describe me.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Soeru
    I am proud to say that I am now cleansed of my past geekiness. No more video games, anime, PC hardware magazines, etc. for me. My habits have been replaced with much lovelier things such as hard drugs, alcohol, and Satanic worship.
    Yoooooouuuuu can neeeevvveeeeerr eeeeescaaaaaaappppeeee your geeeeeeeekkineeeeeeeeessssssss!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Winged 2.0
    *Winged 2.0 looks at Soeru's Sigx powered sig.
    Argh. Begone, ye! I removed the comp specs... whew, the nerdiness was burning my skin.

I now feel ashamed that I know so much about computers...

Quote Originally Posted by Hijuda
    Yoooooouuuuu can neeeevvveeeeerr eeeeescaaaaaaappppeeee your geeeeeeeekkineeeeeeeeessssssss!
    Behold! I have cremated my pocket protector as a sacrifice to the Beast! Die!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

When asked for your address you state your IP or email address

Your desktop is buried under a pile of Icons (and the wallpaper is of one or more of the following types: Video game, something you drew yourself, an anime)

You have at least 3 full sci-fi TV series on your HD (and/or several subseries of said series such as the numerous Star Treks) *looks in Sprung's direction*

You have played a 12 hour+ video game in one sitting without taking a break (eating, bathroom, sleep, school, etc just sitting and gaming)

Few people know your real name, even people you've known for years (due to repeated use of online names IRL)

You have more than 50 programs on your computer (or more than one OS)

You have more pirated than legit software on your comp

You have engaged in technical discussion of a video game or "geeky" TV series (includes plot, programming, engine, etc)

You don't have any reflective surfaces in your apartment (or live in your parents house). This is mostly so you don't have to witness your own geekyness or notice that "computer nerd" facial hair (looks like approx 4 days since last shave).

You can't recall the last time you've seen the sun

Your firewall isn't made by M$ (and you also spell Microsoft with a dollar sign replacing the S)

You have built a scale replica of some sort of Spaceship or character(Video game, TV, or novel)

You have masturbated to a video game or video game character (also applies to geeky TV series or hentai based on said game or character)

You refer to sleeping as "shutting down"

You have hit on more people online than offline (or have dated someone you met online)

You have engaged in internet sex with girlfriend/random female (or a male who you thought was female)

You have posted more than once in this thread or have noticed that you are similar to most of what you said (I'm soooo guilty)
    Last edited by Raype; 17th-January-2006 at 05:45.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Winged 2.0
    Hm, I wonder how much rep I would get if I donated 11,206 points.

Also, pfft, that isn't a real processor.
    None. You receive no more rep when giving points. In fact, I tried with 100k to Cyberxion. This guy is rich at the moment, but I totally have a reserved place in paradise for that kind act.

Thanks

You know you're a geek when you argue the merits of FreeBSD vs Linux...

Could this possibly be inspired by http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-103455.html ?

Thanks
    EP Points

You're a geek if whenever you hear a footstep you crouch.

Thanks

you kno ur a geek when you ask another guy if the right thing to do is ask her out

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by austinsanity
    you kno ur a geek when you ask another guy if the right thing to do is ask her out
    I don't get it.....

asking another guy for dating advice/an opinion makes you a geek? I do it sometimes (or often remark "go for it" to a geeky friend or "S/he's a bad idea" if s/he is the last person s/he should date.)....of course I'm a geek and so are my friends. But I don't quite see how that makes a person a geek the way that say having 5 or more E mail addresses would.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Weapon
    I don't get it.....

asking another guy for dating advice/an opinion makes you a geek? I do it sometimes (or often remark "go for it" to a geeky friend or "S/he's a bad idea" if s/he is the last person s/he should date.)....of course I'm a geek and so are my friends. But I don't quite see how that makes a person a geek the way that say having 5 or more E mail addresses would.
    Believe it or not but I know some non-geeky people who have more than five email addresses. They are just bored and can't find something that they like doing I guess.

Not to say that I don't have at least 5 of them... 6, now that I think of it.

Thanks
    EP Points

You knw you're a geek when:

You make a bling mobo chain
    You'd rather talk to a chick by IRC/IM than on the phone.
    If you see something move in the corner of your eye your mouse ahnd twitches and you jerl your head in that direction.
    You say "Mouse hand".
    Whenever you lose somehting you keep thinking you can easily search for it and find it. (It feels weird, and depressing at the same time that you can't actually do that IRL)

Also, I've never actually said it out loud (except once to see if it would sound stupid), but always in my mind when something funny happens, I instantly think "LOL"....
    Last edited by Ahkei; 17th-January-2006 at 13:46.
    http://www.epforums.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=29796&dateline=143454  3972