Thread: Xenogears with no sound in animations

Thanks

Default Xenogears with no sound in animations

hey guys i downloaded xenogears from this site (CD1), but when i load that image on epsxe there's no sound in the animations. I burned the image on a cd to play in the playstation, but the sound doesnt appears either. Dear god whats the problem???? I also downloaded grandia (from another site) and the same problem occur! What can i do to solve this problem.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

http://forums.emuparadise.org/showthread.php?t=31774

also include information on the burn (speed, program, etc.). Any info on the method used to play the game on a PSX may also be useful.

for ePSXe, make sure all 4 options are checked under Config->Sound.
    Last edited by Raype; 16th-January-2006 at 17:58.

Thanks

the grandia problem that i mentioned is solved. Its only to mark all 4 options on the sound menu like u said . But for xenogears i think that the problem is on the image. My hardware: Atlhon Xp 1,67Ghz, Geforce 4mx 440 64MB, 256 MB of RAM, windows xp. i'm using epsxe 1.6.0, sound plugin: epsxe spu core 1.5.2, i haven't tried other images of the same game, or using other emulators.

The image came in the .iso format (i think), i burned in alcohol in a cd-rw. Later i made with clone cd a image (with .ccd file and .cue flie) of the game in the cd-rw. Then i finaly burned (that image from the cd-rw) in Clone Cd in 2x. I do this when the images don't come with a .ccd file, its useful because i can choose the exact speed of the burning.

Thanks

Do you still have the original ISO image?

If so, try mounting it using Daemon Tools and see what you get.
    Also, try using Eternal SPU.
    My Trade List (Updated: Jan 24, 2007). Now Taking Requests.

This is teh Intarwebz...We care not for Copyrights!

Thanks
    EP Points

I have XenoGears on my PC and it doesn't have CDDA sound, so mounting it unfortunately probably won't help in this case. Not to mention the fact that it was in .iso format initially.

Try these with ePSXe
    P.E.Op.S. DSound PSX SPU or Eternal SPU v1.41 for your sound plugin.

I'd also recommend one of Pete's OGL/D3D PSX GPUs for your video plugin with XenoGears if your not already using one of them BTW. Won't help your sound, but should make the graphics look better.

You don't need the last box checked for most games in Config->Sound and the ones that need an SPU IRQ fix enabled I recommend you just use the option within the sound plugin's config itself, since both sound plugins I mentioned have their own option to handle that and XenoGears doesn't need it. I don't think it will really hurt though having it on.

I don't know why you wouldn't get sound on the real console though. You didn't get it from the rips section or something, did you?

Thanks

Well, he said he wasn't sure.
    I have it as well, but I've never had half of the problems some of these guys have run into.

He got the same results on a actual PS1?
    cough~rip~cough.....

I should prolly get that looked at...
    My Trade List (Updated: Jan 24, 2007). Now Taking Requests.

This is teh Intarwebz...We care not for Copyrights!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

It doesn't look like this site has a XenoGears rip

So he must have downloaded here Since his post isn't high enough to access UL services and I haven't noticed any rips. I don't see anything on the tracker that looks like a rip. If there was, we woulld have noticed more Xenogears problem threads, since the files are old and have been downloaded a lot.

I found This which may help.

EDIT- or maybe there are errors with the site's copy after all
    Last edited by Raype; 17th-January-2006 at 02:16.

Thanks

Xenogears has the same problems as a lot of games. Like Tekken for example... With your CDR Mooby plug-in... Turn up the CDDA sound from .00 to .100 this worked for me at least.

Thanks

well, this is the third topic with the same problem, and i think that the problem is on the iso after all. There's no sound in the fmv's in the emulator and no sound in the playstation itself!

but after all, I borrowed a xenogears cd from a friend and totally works here. Thanks for trying to help me guys.