Thread: Netplay won't work! aaaargh help!

Rabiddog22 Guest

Angry Netplay won't work! aaaargh help!

My father in Tenn. and me here in ga. are trieng to get a game going....

We both have ROCKNESX and the same game, (not identical ROMS) But every time it says to check if he is connected or not, or to check if the IP is correct, but I know it is because we talked on the phone to troubleshoot. I called him he called me, nothing.

I tried to turn off some of my IP security stuff, but i am not well versed in PC to PC dialing.

He uses dial-up I use cable, could this be a issue?

is there a program to test call him? I remeber windows used to have a "phone dialer" to connect with other computers...

Please help!

PS I'm not sure if he has directx 8.1 (requirement) but the emu runs fine on his computer, would this effect netplay?

Shadowdud Guest

Red face

:nosmile: its probobly the ROM. As far as i know its like state saves, if the rom name and the size isnt the same it wont work.
    You might try making the names the same and check to see if the size it the same. If that doesnt work i have no idea.:nosmile:

Rabiddog22 Guest

So the ROMS have to be identical?

But with NESROCKX you connect BEFORE you start the game, unlike FCEULTRA and a few others. So wouldn't it be a internet problem or a IP address problem? wrong port? aaargh! LoL

Shadowdud Guest

well sometimes times it thinks they are different games altogether if they are not identical:nosmile:

Rabiddog22 Guest

He has direct x 8.1 now and my identical rom, still no go.

i just sent him fceultra to see if that works, because you connect to a specific port....

if that does not work it HAS to be a connection problem of some type?!?!

Rabiddog22 Guest

Well, fceultra worked great, but there is no buffer to sync our connection speeds, like nesROCk has. I say this because he claims he has laggy controls but i see him moving on screen fine and fast (im hosting the game).

So, I assume it worked because we connected to a certain port, anyway to do that with NESROCKX?

aargh lol so close, and yet soooo far.

BTW how can i set the buffer on FCEultra? or is there another emu that does netplay good and connects to a certain port?