Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is this a good video card?

Thanks

Default Is this a good video card?

Hey everyone. Soon, I plan on buying a new video card. I wanna know if the one I have in mind is good card considering the price. It's an All-in-Wonder� 2006 Edition 256MB AGP card.

http://shop.ati.com/product.asp?sku=2685566

Considering its only $199.99; I thought it sounded good. What do you guys think?

Thanks
    EP Points

From what I can tell it's a TV tuner + video card combo. Considering the price, it doesn't seem that bad, though it's been a while I've been looking into prices. You won't really be able to play the newest new PC games with that, but it has decent speed.

Thanks
    EP Points

Yea, that wont help games any. Keep on looking for a real video card Too lazy to look right now

Thanks
    EP Points

Look closely on that page.
    Graphics Technology
    Radeon� 9600 Graphics processor unit (GPU)
    You don't want to pay 200 bucks for that.

Is 200$ your price limit and are you just wanting something for gaming or do you want a TV tuner also?

Thanks

I think it's not worth purchasing... Look for some Nvidia cards.
    There is no FPS There is no MGS

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Das98
    Look closely on that page.

You don't want to pay 200 bucks for that.

Is 200$ your price limit and are you just wanting something for gaming or do you want a TV tuner also?
    Yeah that's just about my limit. And I was orginally getting just a tuner until my older video card started dying. So I looked for the combos. And, remember, I'm coming from a Radeon 9200. So, I'm thinking this is gonna be a big step. I'm not looking to play much games. I can play Far Cry on high perfectly, Call of Duty 1 and 2 on high perfectly, Need For Speed Most Wanted on Medium, Sims 2 on Medium, Doom 3 (is a pain to get up there but I don't play much), and a few others. I mean, if I can play that well on a 9200, I was looking for an increase on those games. Maybe play a few others that require a little more power.

Thanks
    EP Points

Even if you don't plan on purchasing from newegg they're site can still give you a good idea on price ranges and they allow you to specify some things that will help you narrow down your search. You want an AGP 4X/8X interface with a TV tuner, so fill out those fields with any other specifics you have and look for something in your price range. Don't worry about the whole AGP 4X thing, it should be easy to spot them with newegg's layout and you won't find many in your price range anyway.
    http://www.newegg.com/ProductSort/Su...SubCategory=48

The chart Vivi posted should help you with performance some, but don't depend on that entirely. http://forums.emuparadise.org/showthread.php?t=42377

I'll try to find a personal recommendation for you soon and I'm sure others will too.

Edit: OMG, newegg apparently doesn't have a very good selection for TV turners from what I can see. This would at least be better than the first card you mentioned IMO, with the cost and all.http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814102352

You should probably look into a PCI slot TV tuner card and a separate video card though before you buy though.
    Last edited by Das98; 14th-January-2006 at 20:03.

Thanks

Well, I went out and bought the ATI All-In-Wonder earlier since I couldn't find anything good in my price range. I love it. I can't understand why you guys said it wouldn't play newer games. I just played NFS MW on high perfectly and Doom 3 perfectly, and BF2 high perfectly. Thanks alot for your help guys. Rep to all.

Thanks

Hmm... I don't have much experience with ATI, but I personally use the Nvidia 6600GT for my gaming needs. It's power is pretty decent, and at the time I bought it, it was $170 US, now it's < $130, so get that or go for the 6800 vanilla or GT. One can be unlocked and overclocked nicely, but I don't know which one.

Thanks

im kinda late with this reply. Anywho, i highly recommend using the Omega Drivers for your ATI video card Jaws. It has allowed me to run quite a few games perfectly. I can run FEAR with a large majority of its features turned on, even with my Uber shitty CPU. Seriously, give em a try, polo recommended it so it cant be bad

http://www.omegadrivers.net/

(remember, overclocking is your friend , sometimes...)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jaws
    Well, I went out and bought the ATI All-In-Wonder earlier since I couldn't find anything good in my price range. I love it. I can't understand why you guys said it wouldn't play newer games. I just played NFS MW on high perfectly and Doom 3 perfectly, and BF2 high perfectly. Thanks alot for your help guys. Rep to all.
    thats cuz u didnt try quake 4 its not a bad deal for the combo but for games you coulda gotten a x850pro for 200usd online

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate X
    thats cuz u didnt try quake 4 its not a bad deal for the combo but for games you coulda gotten a x850pro for 200usd online
    I thought Quake 4 was stupid, so I wont be trying that game.

I don't play that much games, and whatever I had, worked flawlessly. I just don't know if I wanna use those drivers as my TV Tuner is working perfectly with MCE2005 and I don't wanna mess around with it.

Thanks
    EP Points

I thought Quake 4 was stupid, so I wont be trying that game.

I don't play that much games, and whatever I had, worked flawlessly. I just don't know if I wanna use those drivers as my TV Tuner is working perfectly with MCE2005 and I don't wanna mess around with it.
    Just remember what that "Vista to XP" episode was like.

Curiosity: aren't you using two sets of drivers? One for the tuner, and the other for the card itself?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Evans
    Just remember what that "Vista to XP" episode was like.

Curiosity: aren't you using two sets of drivers? One for the tuner, and the other for the card itself?
    Good point. But it took me forever. And I'm not risking it. New card. Not gonna overclock it.

Thanks
    EP Points

Good point. But it took me forever. And I'm not risking it. New card. Not gonna overclock it.
    I can imagine. Nevermind me, then.