Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: internet dating can be very bad

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Man
    If you're implying that I think of internet 'dating' as a date where you go to yahoo.com and play checkers and then go back to the chatroom and have hot cyber sex, then you are wrong.
    damn, well its sad to say im never having a date again :'(

And dingy hit it on the head, like always
    I mean i talk to Dingy on MSN whenever we are both online, but if we aint then i msg her when something important happens to me or there is big news or when i really need to talk to someone, but we send letters and what no to each other, i mean she lives in india and i live in aus but i still class her as my sister, its just a feeling you get and you cant explain it, hard to explain but she knows what i mean.

Edit: I like Smileis

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jase
    damn, well its sad to say im never having a date again :'(

And dingy hit it on the head, like always
    I mean i talk to Dingy on MSN whenever we are both online, but if we aint then i msg her when something important happens to me or there is big news or when i really need to talk to someone, but we send letters and what no to each other, i mean she lives in india and i live in aus but i still class her as my sister, its just a feeling you get and you cant explain it, hard to explain but she knows what i mean.

Edit: I like Smileis
    but you aren't 'dating' her in any way right? at least it doesn't seem like you are dating, just online friends which is perfectly ok. it's good to be able to chat with people in ways that you normally wouldn't be able to in real life.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dingy
    Actually, you, Mr. Man misunderstood what my original statement was. "I don't think there's anything so desperate to be condemned about internet dating, which doesn't necessarily imply that you meet someone only on an online dating site. It's far too general a statement to make" Let me clarify: I meant, there's nothing wrong with internet dating, imo and I also meant that meeting and talking to someone solely online is not the only way to conduct a relationship termed as 'internet dating', thus, I wasn't assuming any of your thoughts, merely making an accurate inference of them from your previous post(s).
    I still don't see what's bad about meeting someone online and then dating them, if one has spent adequate time online (and offline) with them and know them well enough to begin a relationship which transcends the conventional relationships based on needing to have someone to screw, then what's bad about it, pray tell.
    And even if something goes drastically wrong, hell, each to his own, learn from your mistakes, pick up the pieces and walk on. Even if that means trying to look at your mother in the face without feeling sick by your online sexual encounters with her.

And I'm a she.
    I know my response was a bit unclear (because I did not directly respond to you):

Meeting someone online, and ONLY seeing them online and 'dating' them over the net is laughable.

Meeting someone online and dating them in reality, while not being something I would recommend, is ok if that's the absolute best you can do.

PS Terril: I have a hunch that you met your girl/boyfriend on a dating site and took my views personally. Nice attitude, way to show exactly why you could never get a real date.

Thanks
    EP Points

I know my response was a bit unclear (because I did not directly respond to you):

Meeting someone online, and ONLY seeing them online and 'dating' them over the net is laughable.

Meeting someone online and dating them in reality, while not being something I would recommend, is ok if that's the absolute best you can do.

PS Terril: I have a hunch that you met your girl/boyfriend on a dating site and took my views personally. Nice attitude, way to show exactly why you could never get a real date.
    Listen. My "Absolute best I could do" turned out to the be the best thing that has ever happened to me. She is a loving wife, walked right in and became the best mother my 2 girls from my previous marriage have ever known, and I got the son I always wanted. We've been married for almost 6 years now.

Absolute best? Damn right.

Thanks

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooookay.
    Spreading Fear and Uncertainty since 2004!

*Apparently the above doesn't fit in a custom user title. Bollocks.
    Copyright Paladin_Hammer 2007: "Deus ex Imperator". "Dio Dal Genica".
    NWO 4 Life!

Funniest Thread EVER

Thanks

Lol, I've never dated anyone online in my life. I don't like chat rooms...just forums. Considering I have only dated 4 girls in my life, all of them I met, dated and did everything else with in real life (except phone calls).
    No...

Thanks

I think it's quite futile stating more examples of how online dating isn't the most disastrous thing to do since nuking Japan, so I'm not going to add any further points to this, except that I'm happy for you, Jase and Sprung.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Dingy
    I think it's quite futile stating more examples of how online dating isn't the most disastrous thing to do since nuking Japan, so I'm not going to add any further points to this, except that I'm happy for you, Jase and Sprung.
    Thank you, Dingy

Thanks

and then she said

Quote Originally Posted by ashely
    ashley herndon: ever since i saw ur pics on myspace
    ashley herndon: im like man i want a piece of that
    heh heh internet pimpin for the 2k6 baby(in a black accent)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 3viL P1rat3s
    and then she said

heh heh internet pimpin for the 2k6 baby(in a black accent)
    "black accent" What da Fuck is dat sposed to mean crackah!!! I outta slap yo ass. Lol jking But seriously get it strait. It would be an ebonic accent. Black is to vague. I know cause I am.

EDIT: Black, not vague
    No...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Terill
    "black accent" What da Fuck is dat sposed to mean crackah!!! I outta slap yo ass. Lol jking But seriously get it strait. It would be an ebonic accent. Black is to vague. I know cause I am.

EDIT: Black, not vague

Im close to being a brotha.. ima hispanic heheh

omg i just notice instead of saying i am a i say ima is that ebonics?? what the hell i just freaked my self out!

Thanks

Well it depends what context you use "ima" in. you could say "ima [noun]" but you would say "im gonna [verb]" "ima" is olny used next to nouns. Ebonics 101
    No...

Thanks
    EP Points

but you aren't 'dating' her in any way right? at least it doesn't seem like you are dating, just online friends which is perfectly ok. it's good to be able to chat with people in ways that you normally wouldn't be able to in real life.
    I would NEVER date Dingy, she like family. I have a loving GF in Kristyn thats in another state in which im moving to, and yes we class each other as goin out, when a girl thats throwing a goin away party for her close friend rings you just because she cant get you out of her mind, or like at lunch time when she msgs me ON MY PHONE, and says she just wants to lay down next to me on the sofa or the fact you cant go a day without knowing what she is doin, its basicly like we are goin out, we very much love each other, i can tell how she is feeling just by how she types on MSN and its the same when im on the phone with her. If this is deemed "Wrong" in your point of view, then i dont wanna be right, and its not that i cant get a date, shit i went to lunch with a pretty girl just the other day, its just that this feels right and out of ALL the girls i know Missy is the only one i cant get out of my head, her smile kills me everytime, or the fact shes scared of the weridest things, or the fact that she wont talk to strange people, so i gotta ring them lol. Look everyone has different views, you will never make me feel like im doin the wrong thing, or that im some sort of loser for doin this, the simple fact is its my heart, no one elses and i just gotta do what makes it feel right, If meeting a girl over the net makes it right, then im happy with that.
    Sometimes, i look at how well Sprung has it and i think damn, one day i hope i can have a loving family like him, not OMG WHAT A DOUCHE COS HE MET HIS WIFE ON THE INTERNETS!!

Thanks
    EP Points

He didn't call him a douche, but he sure made himself look like one by approaching the situation in the worst possible fashion, the condescending one.

Thanks

You tell him Jase! And thank you for making your stance clear on incest