Thread: Questions before I buy a new comp

Thanks

Default Questions before I buy a new comp

I'm think I'm goin to buy a cyberpower comp of cyberpowersystem.com because I'm to lazy to build one myself. If anyone knows whether this site is respectable or not let me know plz. So far they seem trustworthy and have a review by a magazine that also has reviewed alienware.

Also, I would like to know if anyone has experience with corsair ram. It looks pretty cheap, but I don't want to buy it if its just gonna fail on me later.
    Life's always funny till it happens to you.

Thanks

never tried them personally, ive tried this and it was pretty good (got to semi-build my own system):

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...c.asp?CatId=31

Was sent on time and fully intact with all documents and software.

Thanks
    EP Points

Stop being lazy Just build it, then you know whats going into it. If you can A) Use a Screwdriver and B)Plug Stuff In, then you can build a PC...

If not, start with a base system of your choice and upgrade instead of paying crazy prices on top of a prebuilt machine

Thanks

Yeah cyberpower is respectable I bought both my desktop and laptop off of them and they've worked beautifully for me. Only problem I had was when I ordered my laptop it took forever to get because the model I ordered was discontinued almost right after I ordered it. As to the corsair ram I have no experience with it but from what I've heard it's good.
    People, in general, are stupid.

The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.
    George S. Patton

Thanks

Corsair's XMS Line is very good ram, usually sporting great CAS values. Funny story, I had my Corsair XMS PC3200 (DDR400) mistakenly overclocked to 566 and my computer was still stable enough to push 2 weeks up-time. Their value ram, though I've never used it is extremely popular at newegg.com and consistantly gets rave reviews. If you are looking to overclock I would go with Corsair's XMS or some other high-end ram like Giel, Mushkin, Crucial (though somewhat overpriced), G.Skill or OCZ. Corsair XMS is on par with the best. For day-to-day and office use their value ram will work fine.

Thanks

If they don’t want to build the PC, they probably don’t wanna overclock it. :P That's still very interesting about the RAM, however! *reps*

All the same, with prebuilt PCs…make sure they don’t overload it with crap you don’t need. I know someone with a Gateway that was so horribly bloated from the factory, it pratically had to be given a clean XP before it was usable. Dunno if that’s the case here, but it might not be a bad idea. Even Alienware has that weird GUI junk, so the more “extreme” vendors aren’t always innocent.

~~