Thread: As of Mame v0.103u2 with the including of the newer Neo Geo roms

Thanks

Default As of Mame v0.103u2 with the including of the newer Neo Geo roms

As of Mame v0.103u2 with the including of the newer Neo Geo roms, i.e; kof2003, mslug5, samsho5, samsh5sp, and svcchaos. Is this the end of Newer Neo Geo games made on the MVS arcade system being locked out of offical emulation support?
    Last edited by pjay; 11th-January-2006 at 19:10. Reason: needed to change a couple of things

Thanks
    EP Points

I f***ing hope so Now if they could just get the CPS3 system to work...

Thanks
    EP Points

You go figure out the CPS3 encoding, and theyll gladly pay you big cash. The CPS3 has a suicide battery as it is o-o. CPS2 can be pheonixed thanks to the roms (thats why they were unencrypted anyway)...

And there are no new NeoGeo games coming out (officially, homebrew is different) anyway, so yea.

Thanks

Default as long as all the neo geo game emulation lockout comes to an end

As long as all the neo geo game emulation lockout comes to an end, and we can finally get the real rom sets I'm happy. I truly wish that CPS 3 would be emulated finally but it's doubtful.

Thanks

CPS3 emulation must be hard . Also, there aren't many games on CPS3 system to "attract" a coder/programmer to make an emulator for it.

Oh and yea...Neo Geo MVS is dead. They aren't making any new games for it. They have upgraded to the Atomiswave platform and are making new games on/for it. Recently, SNK announced that they are making Metal Slug 6 on the Atomiswave platform.

| LG OLED G1 65-Inch | Ryzen 5 5600x @ 4.75Ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming | Zotac RTX 3080 Ti Amp Extreme Holo 12GB GDDR6X | WD Black SN850 1TB | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 16 GB DDR4 3600 MHz | Lian Li Galahad 240 AIO | ASUS ROG Strix 850W Gold | Xbox One Wireless Controller | Nintendo Switch (Atmosphere) |

Thanks
    EP Points

I guess CPS3 emulation is not as hard as breaking the encryption.
    All your NeoGeo roms are belong to us!

Thanks

the only CPS III game that you cant get on any other system (i think) is WARZARD... and i wanna play that

Thanks
    EP Points

The thing is, no one WANTS to break the encryption, only you fools who want to pirate it. Breaking the encryption means that the arcade market gets flooded with bootlegs, which are, quite frankly, shit. Id rather it not get broken and buy the CPS3 and games then have it broken and have to worry about the flood of bootlegs like the neogeo

Thanks

Umm. CPS3 needs to be cracked for preservation purposes. Just like the CPS2 was cracked because otherwise old arcade units would become worthless when some battery on the mobo died, the CPS3 needs to be cracked for the same reason. The probability of emulation is just a nice side-benefit.

As to the Neo Geo stuff, I'm glad that the newer games are now usable. As this is the last batch of games to cross the three-year mark (as far as I know, no Neo Geo games have been made after 2003) this will probably be the last batch of Neo Geo games to be officially emulated, unless homebrew people start to get to work or something.

Hopefully Atomiswave will be emulated soon as well, since it's just an aracde dreamcast with less memory than Naomi since it's tuned for hi-res 2d games.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Borman
    Breaking the encryption means that the arcade market gets flooded with bootlegs, which are, quite frankly, shit.
    That's the price to pay.

Thanks
    EP Points

There are people that replace batteries and all that, its good enough for now. Let the CPS3 totally die off before we go about cracking it.

I hope Atomiswave isnt emulated soon, it will only hurt an already dying arcade scene. The Atomiswave varies a bit in more ways then just memory and stuff, but it definatly does 2d well