Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: And another Mega Man series is born

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey
    not sure what MM games are included in that ps2 collection, but you should check out mega man x4 and 5. those were prolly the best X games ever.
    The Megaman Anniversary Collection had Megaman 1-8 on it, and the Megaman X Collection (should be in stores now) has Megaman X 1-6 on it.

Thanks

i dont see the fascination with megaman past maybe the 2nd or 3rd game in the series.

it's literally the same game with different levels and enemies, what, 17 times now?

Thanks

I agree with Cheezy. Is there much need for a new Megaman series? I believe it was most of you people who were complaining about the series being milked.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

If it aint broke, dont fix it. Or in Capcom's case, try and fix it, but dont really try all that hard. Or something.

Y'know, I'd usually have an issue with a game repeating the same formula over and over again, but when a series is as entertaining as the Megaman series is, I suppose I can forgive it. These games (with a few exceptions here and there) are just good, fun platformers. Sometimes that goes a long way.

Thanks

Well I am downloading X Collection not been too much of a fan of any Megaman but heck I will check it out.

crusher is offline ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A START
    Thanks
    EP Points

I completely agree with Cyber. And I would never even dream of complaining that Mega Man is being milked. The gameplay is just so damn fun.

Thanks

Crusher: Then why is there an official artwork with the normal X? I don't get it...
    I'm just a lurker these days, I feel like an 80 year old gramps, watching his grand children play outside *sigh*

Thanks
    EP Points

There are actually two pieces of artwork showing "X". But one is showing a female and one a male character, both dressed in armor that resembles X's. That's because the two main characters in this game can transform thanks to something called "live metal".

Thanks

Why on earth can't they wear proper pants?
    ø„¸¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º° ¨¨°º¤ø„¸ EDWARD CULLEN IS THE KING OF VAMPYRES! HE IS BETTER THAN BILL COMPTON, LESTAT DE LIONCOURT, VLAD THE IMPALER, & DICK CHENEY ¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°� �¤ø„¸

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberxion
    If it aint broke, dont fix it. Or in Capcom's case, try and fix it, but dont really try all that hard. Or something.

Y'know, I'd usually have an issue with a game repeating the same formula over and over again, but when a series is as entertaining as the Megaman series is, I suppose I can forgive it. These games (with a few exceptions here and there) are just good, fun platformers. Sometimes that goes a long way.
    I agree with Cyber... Elf...? OMG, liek LAWL, etc!!

Anywho... Like I said before, it's the new spin-offs that really breathe some life into the series, even though the sequels are quite enjoyable as well...

At least they don't suck, which is good... And I realize I just repeated everything that's already been said, only in a different way...?

Meh...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by crusher
    There are actually two pieces of artwork showing "X". But one is showing a female and one a male character, both dressed in armor that resembles X's. That's because the two main characters in this game can transform thanks to something called "live metal".
    oohh...right....When's the release date?
    I'm just a lurker these days, I feel like an 80 year old gramps, watching his grand children play outside *sigh*

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Nitramuse
    oohh...right....When's the release date?
    Spring release. They are doing the exact same thing they've done with all the Zero games. Announce the game in January/February and then release it in April or something.

EU/US release date most likely is September/October this year. Just as with the Zero games.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CheezyMadman
    i dont see the fascination with megaman past maybe the 2nd or 3rd game in the series.

it's literally the same game with different levels and enemies, what, 17 times now?
    The thing with Rockman games is that you either a hardcore fan, you don't really care for them, or u think that they suck. Me being a hardcore fan, I would like to say that I love the Rockman games because of their appeal, awesome stories and characters, and their just plain fun! And thank you so much Crusher for that synopsis of the Rockman Zero series. Haven't really played that much of that series, but now I plan to. Rockman ZX looks weird, but promising. BTW, so much wish I had a PSP for Rockman Rockman and Irregular Hunter X.

Note: X8 is awesome. Don't know why some ppl don't like it. Plus, X4 was spectacular. Haven't really played X5 or X6, but X4 is a gem (of course not including the cutscenes).

Thanks
    EP Points

Glad you enjoyed reading all that. Sorry that I didn't write about the last two Zero games. The important thing was that I covered the back story to the Z series, as most of that isn't told in the games at all.

I'm gonna get Rockman Rockman on day one. I'm so excited about that game. IRX will have to wait though. And yeah, X8 is great. Just avoid X7 at all cost...

Thanks

I can't avoid it...It's Megaman....I don't care if the game sux I have it, an original copy. And also X8...I want the Megaman X Collectors thingy!!! /me goes and live in america.