Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: And another Mega Man series is born

crusher is offline ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A START
    Thanks
    EP Points

Default And another Mega Man series is born

Note: This has not been confirmed yet so it could be a hoax. Very unlikely though.

Anyway what I found out is that this this title reads something like "Rockman Zekusu". Zekusu could mean "Zechs", "Zex" or "Six" (as in the 6th MM series so far [MM, MMX, MMZ, MML, MMBN, MMS?]. And for the first time ever the main characters this time around are humans. In my opinion, this partly implies that it's a sequel to the MM storyline and is no connected to MMBN. So that probably means the Zero series is over and Zero's fate has been decided for the time being.

The two main characters that you can choose to play are called Van and Ale. Their clothes are made of something called "Live Metal" that enables them to transform and absorb abilities. The live metal was excavated from some ruins.

"A new legend will begin!"

Oh and as said on the scan, this is for DS. So what do you guys think? I'm very excited as I really love the Zero series. I'm pretty sure that Inti Creates is behind this game as the visuals looks very much like MMZ.

So much Mega Man goodness. Mega Man Powered Up, Maverick Hunter X, MMX Collection and now this. ZOMG!

EDIT: Someone just pointed out that the title is Rockman ZX and not Zex. Makes sense.
    Last edited by crusher; 11th-January-2006 at 15:05.

Mikey_ Guest

looks pretty cool. hopefully it gets released in the U.S sometime soon

Thanks

Seems cool! The only Mega Man I've played were NES, SNES and now I have Mega Man Collection on PS2. So there is a good amount I've missed out on.

Thanks

Thos pictures alone aren't exactly making me want to jump up and dance merrily. Though I love the MM games so it can't be anything bad (well it could but lets hope not)

Foolish Weak Humans!!
    Feel The Wrath Of the Overlord!!
    -Laharl-

Mikey_ Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Tosca
    Seems cool! The only Mega Man I've played were NES, SNES and now I have Mega Man Collection on PS2. So there is a good amount I've missed out on.
    not sure what MM games are included in that ps2 collection, but you should check out mega man x4 and 5. those were prolly the best X games ever.

Thanks

Agrees with Mikey wholeheartedly The X series was the best until it landed on Ps2 XD

Foolish Weak Humans!!
    Feel The Wrath Of the Overlord!!
    -Laharl-

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey
    not sure what MM games are included in that ps2 collection, but you should check out mega man x4 and 5. those were prolly the best X games ever.
    Point taken

soo.. does this mean an <strong>upload</strong> ensues?

Mikey_ Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ThugMaloy
    Agrees with Mikey wholeheartedly The X series was the best until it landed on Ps2 XD
    indeed. i played x8 and it was gross. like, unenjoyable. for me anyway.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey
    indeed. i played x8 and it was gross. like, unenjoyable. for me anyway.
    X8 is pretty good. Easily on par with X5. However, please avoid X7...

Thanks

Let's hope these are as good as the GBA Zero series, the best Mega Man games since the SNES.

Thanks
    EP Points

If Inti Creates is behind this one, believe me, it will be just as good as the Zero series.

Thanks

so what the hell happened to zero? Last time i played a MM game, he was having dreams about being created/molested by Dr. Wily. This is of course after being blow to bits and reassembled in MMX1-3

Thanks

I hope that this game will be better than the megaman x games

Thanks

i liked the X series . It was just horribly abused.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by malice2501
    so what the hell happened to zero? Last time i played a MM game, he was having dreams about being created/molested by Dr. Wily. This is of course after being blow to bits and reassembled in MMX1-3
    Past X series and pre Zero series
    Zero and X continued fighting the never ending war against Sigma. They could never completely destroy him though as he is a virus. But about 100 years after the latest X game humans invented something called Cyber Elves: small personality programs with the ability to enhance and rewrite code. The Mother Elf, which I believe was the very first Cyber Elf, was the key to winning the war. X used the Mother Elf to erase the Sigma virus code and thus, he was defeated. The Maverick Wars was over.

Also worth to mention that sometime under this time period X finally established his "Elysium", a place where humans and reploids can live in peace; the nation of Neo-Arcadia

But not everyone was happy even though the wars was over. Dr. Weil, a human scientist in Neo-Arcadia, who most likely suffered much during the war hated the reploids with passion because of this. He wanted to destroy them all.
    By putting a curse on the Mother Elf, Weil triggered the next war: the Elf Wars. Now known as the Dark Elf, the Mother Elf was under Weil's command. The war continued under many years, wiping out most of the human and reploid population.

The war continues and X and Zero defeats Weil's most feared reploid Omega in battle. After this battle Zero, afraid of his own powers, locked himself away in some kind of machine that will "purify" him. X tried to stop him but the process had already and Zero was put in a 100 years long sleep.

The war finally ended when X sealed the Dark Elf inside his own body. They couldn't defeat it so they had to seal away it inside something and X was the only option, apparently. Weil and Omega was brought to justice, but Neo-Arcadia doesn't believe in death penalty. So Omega was sent to outer space, sealed away in the gigantic space ship "the Forbidden Ark". Weil got a different punishment. His mind was put inside a mechanical body that automatically regenerated itself when damaged. He was than banished from Neo-Arcadia, to live in the wasteland forever.

---

Man I can't be arsed to write more... not for now at least. I didn't even reach the "what happened to Zero" part... Oh well, if anyone is interested I'll write the rest later. You just have to stand my shitty english..
    Last edited by crusher; 11th-January-2006 at 15:21.