Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Penalties for Animal Abuse

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dingy
    Humans do what is convenient to them. "I am against killing, of all kinds, human, anima..is that chicken I smell? Yum." We're morally inconsistent and simply b/c we're at the apex of (known) civilization and life forms, we do what the bloody hell we feel like. And that's why, humans can afford to be hypocrites, other animals can't.
    No evidence exists that other animals aren't the same. In fact I'd say one would have a difficult time trying to argue otherwise.

Thanks

I honestly do think that rehabilitation is exactly like killing someone. Not the act, but the intention. Getting rid of who you think doesn't deserve the pleasures of social life.
    I have to apologize for that gross error. I don't think rehabilitation is like killing. I think sending someone to exile is like killing.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaenn
    No evidence exists that other animals aren't the same. In fact I'd say one would have a difficult time trying to argue otherwise.
    That's a lot of what I meant. Sadly, there is an underlying principle of 'the might is right' in life.

Thanks

That's a lot of what I meant. Sadly, there is an underlying principle of 'the might is right' in life.
    Why do you say that other animals can't afford to then?

Thanks

Why do you say that other animals can't afford to then?
    I was referring to the present structure of life with human beings being at the apex of currently known life forms.

Thanks

thats cuz we're the top preditors on this planet

Thanks

i thought the top of the pyramid is smaller than the rest....
    eek! clowns!!!!Arggh!Those sharp bloody teeth!!!

Thanks
    EP Points

Only 23 left.

Thanks

Haven't seen/signed this yet.. Will now though.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate X
    thats cuz we're the top preditors on this planet
    I like the sound of that. Predator.
    I noticed you spelled it wrong.
    As long as you got the power and the pad, you'll get the womens.

Listen to the Mission

Thanks

While I eat meat, I am also against animal cruelty. There's a BIG difference between quickly killing an animal for some useful purpose (such as food or to make clothing) and needlessly torturing some animal because you find it fun...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by madcrow
    While I eat meat, I am also against animal cruelty. There's a BIG difference between quickly killing an animal for some useful purpose (such as food or to make clothing) and needlessly torturing some animal because you find it fun...
    There is nothing quick about raising an animal from birth until its ready to be slaughtered. So then you have to ask yourself if its treatment has been humane during that period of time...

Thanks

There is nothing quick about raising an animal from birth until its ready to be slaughtered. So then you have to ask yourself if its treatment has been humane during that period of time...
    Meh. See, this is what I was trying to say, humans do what the heck is convenient to them and thus, the treatment wouldn't really matter, the intention behind the treatment is what's more important. I mean if you're going to chop something's head off and then stuff some muck up it's ass and then roast it, you might as well be nice to it.

Thanks

Meh. See, this is what I was trying to say, humans do what the heck is convenient to them and thus, the treatment wouldn't really matter, the intention behind the treatment is what's more important. I mean if you're going to chop something's head off and then stuff some muck up it's ass and then roast it, you might as well be nice to it.
    I think it makes all the difference. Not condoning killing the animals period but...You don't think there is a world of difference between killing someone, or torturing them for a long time and killing them afterwards?

Besides last time I checked you weren't vegan...so you're just as guilty as the rest of us "convenient" humans.

Thanks

I think it makes all the difference. Not condoning killing the animals period but...You don't think there is a world of difference between killing someone, or torturing them for a long time and killing them afterwards?
    No, I don't think there's a difference. The intention's the same. The method may be different.
    I fail to see how you can suggest that treating someone nicely before killing them is better than killing them off straight away. Does the old crazy witch deserve a nobel prize for making Gretel fat before she wanted to eat her?
    I know not the best to quote a fairy tale.

I said 'human beings'. Last time I checked, I was one. So yes, I'm guilty.; ]

Thanks

No, I don't think there's a difference. The intention's the same. The method may be different.
    I fail to see how you can suggest that treating someone nicely before killing them is better than killing them off straight away. Does the old crazy witch deserve a nobel prize for making Gretel fat before she wanted to eat her?
    I know not the best to quote a fairy tale.
    It wasn't about being nice before they're slaughtered. It's about not torturing them. I think most people would agree that death is better treatment than torture.

Note that I said I didn't condone the killing period, but torture is worse than killing - that's all.