Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Controller Converters

Thanks

Default Controller Converters

Can anyone tell me where I can buy a converter for my xbox or ps2 controllers so I can use them on my pc? (sorry if this is posted in the wrong place)

Thanks
    EP Points

I would believe one can purchase those at a local computer hardware store. You could also try sites such as newegg.

Thanks

I got my ps, ps2 joypad converter from here http://www.netpcdirect.co.uk/accessories.php which Is called a
    S Joy PlayStation to PC Joypad Converter If you scroll down the page a bit you will find It. I thought It might be useful for somebody on here who Is looking for one on here from the UK.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by need4speed
    I got my ps, ps2 joypad converter from here http://www.netpcdirect.co.uk/accessories.php which Is called a
    S Joy PlayStation to PC Joypad Converter If you scroll down the page a bit you will find It. I thought It might be useful for somebody on here who Is looking for one on here from the UK.
    Yeah that looks good and I'm from the UK so I will probably buy that one, cheers for the info

Thanks

No problem

Thanks

www.liksang.com has a nice selection.

Thanks

If you want one right away, and cheap go to Radio Shack and ask for a PSX to USB, it's an accessory they carry in all their stores now. It works with a PSX or a PS2 Dual Shock controller, and it's worked in every emulator i've tried, I didn't even need to install the driver disk it came with. I got mine for 12.99, but Hawaii has inflation, it's normal price is 9.99. You can view it on radio shack's online site.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tosca
    If you want one right away, and cheap go to Radio Shack and ask for a PSX to USB, it's an accessory they carry in all their stores now. It works with a PSX or a PS2 Dual Shock controller, and it's worked in every emulator i've tried, I didn't even need to install the driver disk it came with. I got mine for 12.99, but Hawaii has inflation, it's normal price is 9.99. You can view it on radio shack's online site.
    i have the same one and it works like a champ

Thanks

yea I was actually not sure at first.. I thought the ones on lik-sang.com looked like a better idea, plus I don't usually look to Radio Shack for anything game or computer related but it turned out to be a smart move, it's works perfect.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tosca
    yea I was actually not sure at first.. I thought the ones on lik-sang.com looked like a better idea, plus I don't usually look to Radio Shack for anything game or computer related but it turned out to be a smart move, it's works perfect.
    WOW, thank's for the info, I had no clue that Radio-Shack sale those kinda item, plus I was really looking for a PSX to PC controller link, I really hate those PC controller made by logic-tek and Microsoft, becasue they end of breaking fast and I keep on buying new one after another, I'll check it out tommorrow, btw thank's, t.henry for posting this topic.

EDIT:
    I did a quick search and found it.
    GREAT PRICE: $10.99

For serious PSX gamers.
    This PSX-to-USB Game Adapter allows you to use your PlayStation game controller on your USB-equipped PC. The built-in vibration driver lets you feel the intensity of the action through the special effects of the game.

Meets USB 1.1 requirements
    No batteries required
    Compatible with Direct-X

Built-in vibration feedback driver lets you feel special effects in the game
    Use your Playstation or Playstation2 Ccontroller on your PC through your USB
    No batteries required

What's in the box

Cable

You'll also need

IBM PC 586 or Pentium compatible PC
    Windows 98, 98SE, ME, 2000,XP
    USB port or Hub
    DirectX-7.0a or later
    Game

Yo!!!! that look's so pretty swift.
    Last edited by Jaraiya; 5th-January-2006 at 04:17.
    Japanese Zombie Hero-Dir En Grey

Thanks

woah! seriously? radio shack carries something a bit obscure like that? seems a very uncommon item for them to actually stock. I need to go pick one of those up soon, getting sick of this sidewinder, not having analog sticks makes some games hard.

Does it work for all games and all emulators with all buttons usable? Say you play need for speed underground for the PC on it would you get rumble effect and able to use all 10 buttons? (do the analog click buttons make 11 and 12?)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RoseDragon83L
    woah! seriously? radio shack carries something a bit obscure like that? seems a very uncommon item for them to actually stock. I need to go pick one of those up soon, getting sick of this sidewinder, not having analog sticks makes some games hard.

Does it work for all games and all emulators with all buttons usable? Say you play need for speed underground for the PC on it would you get rumble effect and able to use all 10 buttons? (do the analog click buttons make 11 and 12?)
    Yea it would work for that just fine, the analog sticks count as their own buttons. Rumble too. Honestly I don't think you'd be disappointed. And even -if- you were ..10 bucks dude. Can't really go too wrong.

and cue phone call from Radio Shack with job offer ..NOW!

maxnoop Guest

Is there any lag on fighting games with the radioshack one? I got a soyo one from fry's and it had a like half a second lag with every button.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by maxnoop View Post
    Is there any lag on fighting games with the radioshack one? I got a soyo one from fry's and it had a like half a second lag with every button.
    You joined just to post in a thread that's a year old?
    http://www.epforums.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=29796&dateline=143454  3972

maxnoop Guest

You know....if you look closely, my join date is from May 2005. Besides, I don't see a problem with it if I'm asking for someone's opinion on the matter.