Thread: help with linux

Thanks

Default help with linux

ok. i got linux completely installed on a 10gig partition on my hdd. im using ubunto 5.04. im at the login screen. it never asked me for a user name during setup, so how do i log into linux? ive never used it before.
    I don't care if your world is ending today/ Because I wasn't invited to it anyway/ You said I tasted famous, so I drew you a heart/ But now I'm not an artist I'm a fucking work of art/ I got an F and a C and I got a K too/ And the only thing that's missing is a bitch like U

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by saithe
    ok. i got linux completely installed on a 10gig partition on my hdd. im using ubunto 5.04. im at the login screen. it never asked me for a user name during setup, so how do i log into linux? ive never used it before.
    Well, I am using Ubuntu as we speak, (Great distro) But the install is supposed to prompt you for account information, maybe you got the install wrong ?

Thanks

it asked me something, like setting up anotehr account, besides the admin acct. i clicked no, and went on. then it asked a name, i but my name in. that name shows up in the lower right hand corner, with the time and date.
    I don't care if your world is ending today/ Because I wasn't invited to it anyway/ You said I tasted famous, so I drew you a heart/ But now I'm not an artist I'm a fucking work of art/ I got an F and a C and I got a K too/ And the only thing that's missing is a bitch like U

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by saithe
    it asked me something, like setting up anotehr account, besides the admin acct. i clicked no, and went on. then it asked a name, i but my name in. that name shows up in the lower right hand corner, with the time and date.
    You are supposed to click yes, You never want to be logged on as Root full time pointless when you have a terminal.