Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PSP Problem.

Thanks

I have tried all the USB ports and it still doesn't work. There has to be a faulty driver or something because it works on my bro's laptop just fine.
    U.U things like this make me worry........

-=-=-=Looking for these games=-=-=-
    -=-=-=-= PSX GAMES =-=-=-=-
    Granstream Saga
    Ghost in the shell

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Josh
    956MB sounds right for a 1GB card. The problem is that it is only seeing 828MB now. My 1 GB card shows up as 949 MB, but it isn't a Sony stick. Since each brand makes them differntly the difference from 949 to 956 is proportionaly small, <1%.
    That does sound about right. What doesn't sound right is my 160GB hard drive readin at 149GB. Go figure.

Thanks
    EP Points

Well 160,000,000,000 bytes is 156,250,000 KB which is 152,587.89MB which turns out to be 149.01 GB. Sounds right to me. When they advertise harddrives or any type of storage they advertise it as 1KB=1000bytes, 1MB=1000KB, 1GB=1000MB. That would mean that 160,000,000,000 bytes would be 160GB. The way a computer reads it is 1KB=1024 bytes, 1MB=1024KB, 1GB=1024MB. 1024=2^10 When divided out the number is always smaller then if you divided it by 1000. There is a lawsuit against this to try and make manufacturers advertise actual numbers. A similar lawsuit was used on computer moniters. That is why you now see them advertised as something like 17" moniter 16" viewable.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jaws
    That does sound about right. What doesn't sound right is my 160GB hard drive readin at 149GB. Go figure.
    Exactly the same happened to me when I bought a 200gb hard drive, it really had 180gb and I could do with the extra 20gb as I'm running out

Thanks

I know about the size being a little bit smaller is a natural thing but chopping off 128Mb of data is i bit to much , the original size was 956Mb when i got it but when i do a fresh reformat on it theres 834Mb and it does actualy say what exactly is the max capacity on it (956Mb) so 128Mb has magicaly disapeared.

And besides i'm not to worried about the max space i just want to be able to connect it to my computer like i used to.

Granstream Saga
    Ghost in the shell

Thanks

Well guys i tried putting it in my bro's laptop and looked at what driver it was using and it was USBSTOR then i looked on mine and it was in the same place and it was the same version.

After that i tried putting in a mp3 player and it found it as a mass storage device just like psp so now i'm completely confused , what the hell is going on?! Y.Y

Granstream Saga
    Ghost in the shell

Thanks

Default 949mb's is what I got on my sandisk 1gb stick aswell

949mb's is what I got on my sandisk 1gb stick aswell

Thanks

I got the 128Mb back , apparently the last time i reformatted the stick it went wrong i guess. Now the problem is the connecting it to the computer which is essential for my lifestyle. Y.Y

I'm so confuzuled why it doesn't work on my pc but it does on my bro's.... Y.Y

Granstream Saga
    Ghost in the shell

Thanks

Err, I’m not exactly sure how to explain why it is, but try a different USB slot? Windows sees the same thing plugged into different ones as different devices, if I’m not mistaken. If that doesn’t work there are ways of getting the device manager to show previously connected hardware, but that can be kinda funky. Might help, though.

~~

Thanks

I tried all the usb slots and it didn't work , but i tried a different cable and that worked for some strange reason , i'm using one for my digi cam instead. =/

So i guess it's ok now , untill it stops recognising the digi cam lead then i have to find another one out.....

Anyways thank you all for your help.

Granstream Saga
    Ghost in the shell

Thanks

Well they're just ordinary USB cables, so you should be able to pick them up fairly cheap. We've got them at my work for like..$9AU, so don't expect to pay more than that.
    Anyway! Glad you solved your problem ^_^

Emissary of Light, Cure Black~! Emissary of Light, Cure White~!

We are Pretty Cure!
    Servant of the Dark Power...
    Return to the darkess from which you came!

Thanks

Sounds like a driver issue to me. Check the device manager to see if it gives any errors.
    If a ! or a ? shows up, delete the device and restart windows. Then plug in the PSP again, see if it gets recognized correctly.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."

Thanks

Sooo….the same cable that doesn’t work on your computer works for the laptop, however a different cable works for yours (or both). Weird. o.o

~~

Thanks

USB 1.1, or 2.0, anyone?
    I'm just a lurker these days, I feel like an 80 year old gramps, watching his grand children play outside *sigh*