Thread: Problem with opening the files on the PSX emulaters

Thanks

Default Problem with opening the files on the PSX emulaters

Yea, I'm really not all that good with computer language stuff and not really clear on how to fix the problem. I keep getting this error when I try extracting any of the files or folders. The error is:

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\cvgs141.zip: the archive is either in unknown format or damaged

Now I kind of think that this isn�t damaged... so my question is 1 of two. What do I do to get this to work? And where do I get this download to make this so it�s not an unknown file?

Thanks
    EP Points

get winzip
    nothing

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Sounds like you just need to redownload. Try checking google for CVGS or something, or retry the links that got you the currupted ZIP file of CVGS. If you have Windows XP (that path looks like it's from XP) then you already have WinZIP.

If you want a good PSX emulator, just get ePSXe

Thanks

emurayden other best emulator, no need plugins a play more japanese games
    epsxe crash with many jap games

Thanks

wow... that other one the ePSXe... i have no clue on how to run it >.< can you help me out with that one at all and direct me to a DL for legends of mana?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You will need a BIOS for the region you want the game for. NTSC/U/North American ISOs (which are the most common. This BIOS also runs PAL games fine.) need the SCPH 1001 file which can be downloaded from the BIOS section of EP.

http://www.emuparadise.org/biosfiles/bios.html

or here:

http://forums.emuparadise.org/local_...ion=jump&id=11

just download it and decompress it to the BIOS subfolder in ePSXe (should be C drive\program files\ePSXe or something if you use the defaults)

You will also need a graphics plugin that is compatable with the emulator (Recommend the Pete's plugins set for this)

http://www.ngemu.com/psx/plugins.php

You can also find some plugins by Pete here:

http://www.pbernert.com/index.htm

You will also find some sound plugins at NGemu as well. I don't recommend using the default core plugin which comes with the emu for most ISO's, so try the Eternal or PEOPS plugins. To use plugins, Download them to the PLUGINS subfolder of ePSXe and uncompress them. Then just go to Config->Wizard Guide to set up the BIOS, Sound Plugins, Graphics plugins, and other features of the emu.

Also you will find ISOs in the downloads section of EP, upload services, and on the Bittorrent tracker if you don't have a copy. If you do, then you can just run it off the cd by using File->Run CD-ROM while the game is in the CD drive.