Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Transfering Files to DVD

Thanks

Default Transfering Files to DVD

Usually, when I want to save an anime episode or something, I'll get a blank CD, right-click on the file I want to save, and select "send to CD.." It sends the file ( in this case, an episode) to the CD, and then I select "copy this file to CD" and it does so. From then on, I can insert the CD into the computer and bring up the file and watch it via media player or whatever whenever I like. Well, recently, I've been wanting to copy entire series instead of just a single episode or two, so I bought myself a pack of blank DVDs, since they can hold much more space. However, I'm having a problem. When I try to right-click on an episode to send to the DVD, I get a "windows is having a problem sending file to dvd" or something to that effect. Basically, it won't let me do it. What can I do so it will let me copy all these files to the DVD? I know I'm not going over the 4.7 gb it claims it can hold, so that can't be the problem. And if I burn it (I don't know how to burn multiple episodes on to a single DVD, anyway) it would only be able to hold 3 or 4 episodes, anyway, since it says it's also "120 min".. which would be a waste of the DVD. I can fit that many episodes on a single blank CD instead.
    Anyway.. does anyone know what the problem is and how I can fix it? The whole reason for me doing this is that I'm running out of space on the computer. Yet at the same time, I don't really want to get rid of most of my anime to clear up space. Thus, copying them to DVDs would be easiest, since I'd still have the episodes yet would be able to delete them from the computer afterwards.

Thanks
    EP Points

Hah. I learned that too, when nero kept giving me errors with DVDs.

Use a burning program would be the easiest solution.
    http://www.epforums.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=29796&dateline=143454  3972

Thanks

But it seems like burning episodes to a DVD would only be able to hold roughly 4 episodes, while just copying them to the DVD could hold roughly 25 episodes. Besides that, I don't know how to burn multiple episodes to a DVD, or how to make them viewable via DVD player.

Thanks
    EP Points

No. Just burn tham as a data DVD, not video DVD files.
    http://www.epforums.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=29796&dateline=143454  3972

Thanks

Hm.. it doesn't look like I know how to do that, either. I opened up Alcohol 120%, and selected "Burning Wizard" but none of the files were recognized. It'd take a long time to do 1-25, one at a time, anyway.

Thanks
    EP Points

I don't think alcohol deals with custom CD burning, only ISOs and shit.

Try Nero or somethiung.

Thanks
    EP Points

Yep, if you dont want to play it in a real DVD player, burn it as a Data DVD. Use Nero as Darth said.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Or you can just buy a dvd player that plays DivX files and convert all your shit to DivX. Or not. It's too much fucking trouble.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberxion
    Or you can just buy a dvd player that plays DivX files and convert all your shit to DivX. Or not. It's too much fucking trouble.

lol right, wayy too much trouble.

Thanks

I wouldn't use windows dvd burning crap, You should just burn with Roxio or some crap, but leave the disc open so you can put more files on it.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by zelion
    I wouldn't use windows dvd burning crap, You should just burn with Roxio or some crap, but leave the disc open so you can put more files on it.
    Roxio...
    [insert a thousand LOL here]

I recommend Nero too, they have a great trial, and I can send you a legit copy of Nero Express if you want.

Thanks
    EP Points

Almost all DVD Burners come with some kind of burning software for Data disks. Check your computer for that. What kind of computer do you have, and did it come with the DVD burner or did you put that in later?

The 120 minutes refers only to video disks which play in DVD players. It's like saying you can only put about 20 mp3s on a CD because the CD says 80 minutes. With a data disk and the files compressed more you can fit much more on a disk when burned as a data disk.

Thanks

So whats a good program to use to burn movies to DVD in video format? I want to burn pulp fiction to DVD and be able to play it in my non-pc dvd player. Nero seems to be kinda lame at this.

Thanks

malice:

Use DVD Decrypter if you don't like Nero.

Thanks

I recommended Nero