Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Rejoice all! America stays safe!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Nuking Israel would invite reprisals from Israel's own nuclear arsenal; no need to involve any other nation. Pakistan and India have also been coexisting despite their...past history, as well. I do recall the president's comments that Israel should have been carved out of Germany, too, and that the Holocaust never happened, but I didn't know about the power-grab. I wouldn't mind, though, if he took it from the mullahs and stuck it back into the democratic government where it belongs, but somehow, given the way you're saying it, it doesn't sound like it'll be democratic for long after, either.

Besides, Pakistan is just as much a threat as Iran, if not more so thanks to the questionable loyalties of its army, which is tasked with protection of its arsenal. For that matter, it already has nukes. Iran is, comparatively speaking, a stable nation, not quite prosperous, but not on the bottom tier thanks to its own oil industry. The only difference is that Pakistan's leadership has been loud and vocal in pronouncing their friendship to America, and shooting your allies (like Saudi Arabia, another nominal ally of America) sets a rather bad precedent, and makes your other allies a bit jumpy.

Thanks

Power-grab I'd say is false. I get news back from Iran heaps (cause I'm Iranian and stuff), and Ahmedinejad is deeply religious. He was also a member of the Revolutionary Guard, soldiers who fought to bring the Islamic Revolution to fruition, so a power-grab from the symbol of Islamic authority isn't going to happen, I'd say.
    It is in the best interest of the Islamic power of Iran not to use the nuclear weapons they develop. I would say that they are being developed chiefly as a deterrent, to stop attacks in the future. An attack on Iran would destabilise the country, which is made up of approximately 75-80% of the population being under the age of 25. These kids are all held up by the extreme ease with which you can find hard drugs in Iran. 10% of the population of Iran is addicted, after all (which is really fucked up, when you think about it. 6.2 million people...)
    Example: Being found with Ice in Iran, first offense: Fine
    Being found with alcohol in Iran, first offense: 6 months imprisonment, 20 lashes.
    Hardly anyone gets lashed, but yeah. Authority is kept in power by the fact that young people are kept under the heel of drugs.