Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rejoice all! America stays safe!

Thanks

Default Rejoice all! America stays safe!

Whoot! GW get's to violate us for even longer! HOORAY! (huge amounts of sarcasm here folks)

Read it:
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/security_...kxBHNlYwN0bQ--

Thanks
    Blog Entries

sunuvabitch...

fuckign tards cant plan ahead and resolve it all -before- it expires, nooo, they have to extend the stupid thing. they dont care anyway, theryre senators, theyre probably exempt from the partiot act intrusions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chibi-Suke
    You really aren't kidding about your title... wow.
    There isn't an acronym to describe how badly I want you to not be here.

Thanks

I think its a good thing. I mean who cares if they invade our privacy the people doing it are thousands of miles away. if it helps prevent another terrorist attack then im all for it. But if they are using there spying to stop my drug dealin activites then i call for a coup de ta(?) just kiddin goverment offcials reading this

Thanks

I don't mind the Patriot Act. What are the chances I get caught doing something illegal? Slim to none I tell ya.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by [ForeverZero]
    I don't mind the Patriot Act. What are the chances I get caught doing something illegal? Slim to none I tell ya.
    Not like anyone gives a damn about emulation, or even warez. Hell, they'd probably have a hard time getting off their asses to sue you for pirating a couple hundred gigs of music and bootlegged movies (don't forget tabs!)

Thanks

It's true that it won't effect most of us law abiding folk here at EP. I truly detest it as a begining of more to come. Thats how they do, they are like whores. They push a little, see how far it goes in, and keep on pushing until we finally scream. While the "little" intrusions made by the patriot act may not seem like a big deal, if it becomes part of the accepted norm, then they will keep taking steps until there is nothing left to push for. Today, our international calls. Tomorrow, the EP forum. (im dead serious about that) We have to draw the goddamn line somewhere folks. Where is your line in the sand?

Quote Originally Posted by El Drug D3aler
    I mean who cares if they invade our privacy the people doing it are thousands of miles away.
    Thats exactly my point. The terrorists are thousands of miles away, why do they need to listen to our goddamn calls?
    Last edited by malice2501; 22nd-December-2005 at 05:11.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stupid piece of news
    "This is a common-sense solution that gives the Senate more time to craft a consensus bill that will promote our security while preserving our freedom,"
    What? Preserving? What is wrong with some people? America has never been colonized by ANYONE or ANYTHING for that matter in it's short history. It has waged wars and led coalitions and done what not, what freedom is this they talk about which is at stake, I fail to understand.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Dingy
    What? Preserving? What is wrong with some people? America has never been colonized by ANYONE or ANYTHING for that matter in it's short history. It has waged wars and led coalitions and done what not, what freedom is this they talk about which is at stake, I fail to understand.
    *Thinks this is a bad time to point out America is a colonial nation - as in it was founded via colonization*
    But the freedom they're preserving is sort of a catch-all phrase. It's kinda like saying, "I'm for the people." What kind of person is not for the people? [/carlin]

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr
    *Thinks this is a bad time to point out America is a colonial nation - as in it was founded via colonization*
    But the freedom they're preserving is sort of a catch-all phrase. It's kinda like saying, "I'm for the people." What kind of person is not for the people? [/carlin]
    Exactly my point, Zephyr. (Nice to see you replying though, it's been a while). After the United States of America has been formed, it has never been colonized. I'm not saying a nation has to be colonized to understand the value of freedom, but a nation can't compromise on it's peoples' freedom and then claim to stand for it. That's unacceptable, not that it's going to make a damn difference by some Indian saying this, but it is my opinion.
    What freedom is being preserved? The freedom to bend another's liberty to one's own convenience?
    When one talks of 'protecting civil liberties', it means protecting those which exist, not moderating which one's should be suppressed and which one's celebrated. When the basic right to freedom of expression and privacy are violated, there's something wrong in the whole expression of this ilk of liberty. I absolutely am tearing my hair out wondering why the attitude of 'it doesn't concern me, why should I care?' is unchanged by such a development.
    There is still an Al Qaeda out there. There is still an Osama bin Laden out there, who has publicly stated that the conditions that caused 9/11 have still not changed. If it is the liberal society it claims to be, then there should be the allowance of free and unhindered information flow, and in this would also be included the right to question and interrogation by an appropriate authority.

Thanks

America does deserve the worst anyway. Too many mcdonalds and homophobes =D

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by malice2501
    Thats exactly my point. The terrorists are thousands of miles away, why do they need to listen to our goddamn calls?
    There are terrorist sleeper cells HERE in america. You never know who could be part of one and planning something. Thats the reason they are spying on everyone.

Thanks

Extending the Patriot Act to preserve freedom... Irony, anyone?
    ø„¸¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º° ¨¨°º¤ø„¸ EDWARD CULLEN IS THE KING OF VAMPYRES! HE IS BETTER THAN BILL COMPTON, LESTAT DE LIONCOURT, VLAD THE IMPALER, & DICK CHENEY ¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°� �¤ø„¸

Thanks

Nope. I dont see it

Thanks

Try clearing that haze of smoke. You might get acquainted with something called "vision". Among other things...

On topic: Ha.
    Last edited by Werwolf; 22nd-December-2005 at 16:45.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by El Drug D3aler
    There are terrorist sleeper cells HERE in america. You never know who could be part of one and planning something. Thats the reason they are spying on everyone.
    Hehe, terrorist sleeper cells? Thats some funny shit. If INS does it's goddamn job, then we will never get any "cells". But let's play this through.

**FBI engages wire tap**
    "Sup biotch"
    "Sup"
    "Nothing, chilling. We still on for the superbowl?"
    "Damn right"
    "See you then, bye"
    "C ya"
    **FBI get's a major hard-on**

The patriot act gives the govt the power to moniter the private calls of damn near anyone it pleases without a warrant. How in the hell is this helping to catch terrorists? If someone is a suspect as part of a "cell", then a warrant can be faxed to them within 2 minutes, literally. What the patriot act does is eliminate the need to provide a reason to listen in on anyone. So now they can listen in to your calls and say that you chat on the internet with arabs, therefore you must be in a "cell". NVM that, they don't even need to say that much, they could just not like your face. Then they will take you to Cuba and hold your ass in a cell till they are tired of looking at you. WHOOT! LET FREEDOM RING!!!

Different topic: Everyone is scared of terrorism. WHY??? About 3k people died in the WTC attack (RIP).

In 04, 16,694 people died from Drunk Driving in the US. Thats 39% of the total 42,636 deaths in America.
    http://www.madd.org/stats/1298

So every year, about 39,000 more people die in car crashes, 39% of which are preventable, and they tap our goddamn phones to try and keep us safe. Yeah...
    Last edited by malice2501; 22nd-December-2005 at 19:02.