Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eavesdropping

Thanks

Default Eavesdropping

Who thinks Bush should be be impeached and thrown in jail for backing eavesdropping on Telephone calls and emails?

Foolish Weak Humans!!
    Feel The Wrath Of the Overlord!!
    -Laharl-

Thanks
    EP Points

The Patriot Act allows for this, correct? If it catches terrorists before they can pull another 9/11, I'd be happy to let Georgie listen to my calls to 1-900-SEX-DOLL. Maybe he can go halfsies with me...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sprung
    The Patriot Act allows for this, correct? If it catches terrorists before they can pull another 9/11, I'd be happy to let Georgie listen to my calls to 1-900-SEX-DOLL. Maybe he can go halfsies with me...
    Sex Doll? tut tut, Sprung, I'm certain you can do better than that

Well I think he should be sent to some far far planet where he and his cronies can have dirty orgies all day long and not disturb the mental and visual peace of the inhabitants of this planet, but o well, that's my opinion.

I wish he would listen to my convos, I make sure I say "My name is Osama Bin Laden. I am currently locked up inside a little condom storage box inside George W. Bush's loo. Since he or anyone else in the house never comes to this box, I am trapped and have no way out." every time on the phone, and I hope with all my life that someone from the CIA is listening in, I am going to start talking about my plans to bomb certain areas too.

O shee. I forget this is the innernets, maybe half my job is probably already done

Thanks
    EP Points

He was like, listening in on me and my mate one time, so we started baggin' him out and shit.

We all had a beer later on, then I went home.

Yeah...It was good.
    http://www.epforums.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=29796&dateline=143454  3972

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Darth
    He was like, listening in on me and my mate one time, so we started baggin' him out and shit.

We all had a beer later on, then I went home.

Yeah...It was good.
    WoW. I'm sure Mr. Bush envies your exciting life

Thanks

You think the shadow government follow laws .... Yeah Right....
    The only people that follow laws are congress.Congress and other government offical are so fuck up and split up only and days. Back then the president's use to know everything now the president's are just puppet's on strings thats nothing new. The reason Bush address the nation about eavedropping on people is to some what make people think the government is not holding back information and gain people trust, Like that going to help. Everyone already knows that the government was going to eavedrop on suspect tie with terrorism or people from Middle East.

Thanks
    EP Points

I don't mind at all with easedropping. If it can help prevent an attack I'm all for it. Which is better? The 1 in a million chance some guy is listening to you talk on the phone to your girlfriend OR someone goes and blows your house up because their phone activity where they relayed information couldn't be monitered?

Thanks

The Senate recently voted to block Patriot Act's renewal from proceeding further down the bureacracy:
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20051216/...atriot_vote_dc
    Filibust0r'd
    Last edited by KnightofNachos; 18th-December-2005 at 21:54.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Sprung
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Sprung again.
    Damn.

Honestly, I don't care about them listening to phone calls as long as it doesn't become an excuse to invade everyone's privacy.

Thanks
    EP Points

You know, after all the civil liberties errosion that was promissed would not happen by old Georgy in the name of defending the country against terrorism (remember, being scepticle of this threat would be un-patriotic!) I think I will actually laugh if terrorists blow some shit up in America.

I think it would somewhat prove the point that taking away your civilians rights and privacy doesn't really help.

of course if you don't get any terrorist attacks it will obviously be because someone/some algorythm went through every civilians phone calls and emails. /sarcasm

(\__/)_/)
    (O.o ).^)
    (> < ) <)

Now we know how viral bunny signatures really spread.

Thanks

Well at least he's admitting it rather than trying to cover it up with falsehood. I guess the ends justify the means, but it's still taking a dump on freedom of privacy.

Besides, I'm sure terrorists have much safer, hidden ways to communicate with each other rather than plain emails and phone calls. I highly doubt you'll ever see someone at a public phone in downtown Manhattan calling up Bin Laden and say: "Yo, so we're blowing up that building in 2 hours right?".

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Soeru
    Well at least he's admitting it rather than trying to cover it up with falsehood.
    Not without being found out first. I don't call waiting till somebody discovers and reports a crime and then admitting it being an open admission.
    <a href="http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/12/16/politics/main1132556.shtml">from this article</a>
    Quote Originally Posted by <a href="http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/12/16/politics/main1132556.shtml">CBS News</a>
    CBS News correspondent Bill Plante reports Mr. Bush lashed out at news organizations for making the story public. Mr. Bush said the report relied on unauthorized disclosure of classified information that "damages our national security and puts our citizens at risk." Disclosure of the program helped generate opposition to a renewal of the Patriot Act in the Senate on Friday.
    Also, it seems there is a proper way to legally apply for counter terrorism measures such as wiretapping, which was completely ignored by Bush, making what he did illegal. (information on the second page of linked article)

(\__/)_/)
    (O.o ).^)
    (> < ) <)

Now we know how viral bunny signatures really spread.

Mikey_ Guest

i don't really CARE if they do that to my calls or emails as long as it helps keep us safe.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin Franklin
    They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Or so.
    ø„¸¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º° ¨¨°º¤ø„¸ EDWARD CULLEN IS THE KING OF VAMPYRES! HE IS BETTER THAN BILL COMPTON, LESTAT DE LIONCOURT, VLAD THE IMPALER, & DICK CHENEY ¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°� �¤ø„¸

Thanks

What an idiot. Truly an idiot. If you are going to be doing something illegal, the point of it is to not get caught and not admit that you were in fact doing it. Common sense, maybe?

As far as whether I agree with him doing it, I haven't agreed with Bush since... well ever.