Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Tabs are illegal LOL!!!

brett88 Guest

internet tabbers are just like the official ones, except they choose not to get paid for it. It's their own work. I dont see the harm in that.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tancred
    Check this crap out. I just went to powertabs.net and they had this message on there.

They linked it to this article.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/4508158.stm

Read that crap. What a load of bullshit man. Apparently, guitar tablatures online are illegal. Gay people want you to go and buy the official tab books. That's wonderful because I bet a good 70% of the stuff I listen to don't have any goddamn tab books. So people who waste their personal time to try to tab a song out for the good of the guitarist community are criminals. LOL! Learning a song according to a person's interpretation of it is a crime I guess. Now we don't only have to worry about having music content on our computers but also tabs. OH NOEZ! I HAVE POWERTAB I GO TO JAIL OMGZ PLZNO!

If you're gonna arrest people because they publish tablatures online, arrest the nubs on mysongbook.com seriously man half of those guitar pro tabs are incorrect...

What bull-shit. Fags.

Thanks

some people dont even need tabs, they do it all by ear I guess there a company out there some where thats is planning on selling tabs for your ipod thats why.

Thanks

i can usually do it by ear, but it's easier to just pull up a tab. especially when something's under a ton of layers of music or distortion, or when there's some complicated fingerpicking involved. its hard to imagine the future being me downloading tabs from direct connect or irc. are any kinds of interpretations of songs going next? is the future of us talking about music on the net "hey i really like that song from that four piece - you-know-who. it reminds me of their better songs like *wink*"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce_Campbell
    Tabs aren't illegal. You find them all over the internet and I'm looking at tabs right now.

??
    Read the link though. The organization is trying to get rid of tab sites and has succeeded in certain cases, you'll still find them like you will mp3s. Actually, I think some tab sites are licensed and perfectly fine.

Thanks
    EP Points

tabs themselves aren't illegal, only free tabs are. its basically the same as downloading music for free. even though you can find them all over the internet, that doesn't mean they are legal either.