Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Human genetic engineering.

Thanks

Default Human genetic engineering.

Thoughts, opinions, etc.

Thanks

Inevitable.

Thanks

What do you mean by genetic engineering? Like, changing some1s gene before he is born or somat like tthat?
    Day After Yesterday

Thanks

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetic_engineering

The modifications could be done at or after conception.

Thanks

Well it wouldn't change alot.

There is no depression gene, external social factors are what affect your life. Besides, you can't stop death with HGT. Your genes do play some part in your personality, but what happens after you're born is the main contributer.

Some believe that genes are little dictators that make us behave as we do. There are possible links, but no one gene can determine your life, the human body is to complex.

The issue of homosexuality for instance, human sexuality is very complex. In the words of Dr. David Suzuki "our personal circumstances, our religion, even our sex can change the way our genes affect us. The way genes affect us depends upon our circumstances. If you read in the newspapers that scientists have discovered a gene for alcoholism, or criminality, or intelligence, or whatever, take it with a pinch of salt. To tell how a particular gene affects someone, the scientists would need to know everything about that person�s environment as well, and even that might not be enough"

If someone says they have liked people of thier own sex all thier life, I'm not going to argue with that, because I'd believe them. There may be a genetic link to one's sexuality, I believe you can still make a choice, you don't have to have to live be your genes, but by your own personal environment.
    Raaagghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..... hh..

Thanks

Would be cool if you could heal faster, climb walls, spit acid, see in total darkness, glow, etc. but these people with special ability propably would be brutally butchered, it's the human nature.
    Definition: "love" is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using a Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope

:: There are one-zero kinds of people. Those who understand binary and F others who understand hex ::

Webmaster of:
    http://Irregular-Network.22web.net

My PSX ISO's List:
    updated 4.01.2006 (way pass expiration date, but I still got all what's on the list so request away)
    Here

Thanks

If I could rearrange my daughter's genes I'd make her frisky incestral beast so she'd finally have sex with me.

Thanks

As a religous person, Xena, how do you feel about genetic engineering? Many people say it goes against God, but I don't buy it. Humanity has been fighting God's twisted will since the advent of medicine. It is our duty as sentient creatures to evolve. While you may not believe in Darwin's natural selection, Homo sapiens sapiens' current evolution is measured with technology. We used to throw pointy sticks at animals, but now we're taking photographs of quasars 14 billion lightyears away and forming theories of their existence. We can't really develop new organs, limbs, or resistances because we override biology with science.

We won't evolve a resistance to Diabetes, but we'll create a vaccine that sterilizes its effects. (Although I guess technically Caucasians have a much lower chance of developing type 1 Diabetes than other races for some reason) We won't grow wings, we created airplanes to do the work for us. Although, doctors are studying African prostitutes, since some of them have developed innate resistances to HIV and AIDS over time. It's an interesting dichotomy, first world countries use technology to evolve, while third world countries use the old method.

Quote Originally Posted by Xena
    If someone says they have liked people of thier own sex all thier life, I'm not going to argue with that, because I'd believe them. There may be a genetic link to one's sexuality, I believe you can still make a choice, you don't have to have to live be your genes, but by your own personal environment.
    Some scientists performed a study that concluded that homosexual males respond to male pheramones the same way a straight heterosexual does: subconscious arousal. That is beyond choice, it's biology. However, I'll spare you a scientific assault on your beliefs. If you want I could search for the article.
    Last edited by KnightofNachos; 16th-December-2005 at 11:30.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lagwagon_87
    If I could rearrange my daughter's genes I'd make her frisky incestral beast so she'd finally have sex with me.
    you want to fuck your daughter? WTF? >.<
    Definition: "love" is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using a Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope

:: There are one-zero kinds of people. Those who understand binary and F others who understand hex ::

Webmaster of:

My PSX ISO's List:
    updated 4.01.2006 (way pass expiration date, but I still got all what's on the list so request away)
    Here

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KnightofNachos
    As a religous person, Xena, how do you feel about genetic engineering? Many people say it goes against God, but I don't buy it. Humanity has been fighting God's twisted will since the advent of medicine. It is our duty as sentient creatures to evolve. While you may not believe in Darwin's natural selection, Homo sapiens sapiens' current evolution is measured with technology. We used to throw pointy sticks at animals, but now we're taking photographs of quasars 14 billion lightyears away and forming theories of their origins. We can't really develop new parts or resistances because we override biology with medical aid. Although doctors are studying African prostitutes, since some of them have developed innate resistances to HIV and AIDS over time. It's an interesting dichotomy, first world countries use technology to evolve, while third world countries use the old method.
    I'll get back to you on this, bed time for me.

Some scientists performed a study that concluded that homosexual males respond to male pheramones the same way a straight female does: subconscious arousal. That is beyond choice, it's biology. However, I'll spare you a scientific assault on your beliefs. If you want I could search for the article.
    Lol. I know the arousal isn't a matter of choice, I meant not giving in to your sexual desires is a matter of choise.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Xena
    I'll get back to you on this, bed time for me.
    Okay, good. I have habit of editing my long posts over 5 times to increase its readability and worth.

Lol. I know the arousal isn't a matter of choice, I meant not giving in to your sexual desires is a matter of choise.
    You can't honestly expect a gay person to go straight more than you can expect a straight person to go gay. I think it's unfair to look at homosexuality and say "Sorry, god messed up creating you, no sex for you!"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kyo-kun
    you want to fuck your daughter? WTF? >.<
    Maybe I want to fuck you too

Thanks

You can't honestly expect a gay person to go straight more than you can expect a straight person to go gay. I think it's unfair to look at homosexuality and say "Sorry, god messed up creating you, no sex for you!"
    Well if you look at it from my POV, humans are imperfect through their own doing. I believe god created us perfect. Though we know each others Opinions on this so we don't need to go indepth.

Yeah it would be real hard though. Life is unfair nowadays, and having a sexual desire that you wish you didn't have wouldn't be nice. There are lots of disabilities that afflict the human body, it's part of life.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lagwagon_87
    Maybe I want to fuck you too
    I assume you were kidding about that daughter thing and fucking me so

Webmaster of:

My PSX ISO's List:
    Here

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kyo-kun
    I assume you were kidding about that daughter thing and fucking me so
    I wasn't kidding about my daughter. If you saw her you'd want to spread her legs too. Maybe I was kidding about you though. Maybe not?